Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Anyway, it wouldn't matter because all the booers and those who walk out with 20 minutes left would be chanting "SHEARER OUT" as soon as his team lost two games in a row and want him replaced by some fancy dan foreign coach.

Fancy dan as in proven? Too fucking right.

And as I have said before, where were these foreign successes when Souness was appointed, or Roeder, or Allardyce? I certainly didn't see them queuing up on Barrack Road desperate to manage Newcastle.

Nothing to lose, we have been down the so called proven manager route to many times, KK was not a proven manager infact not even a manager of any kind yet we played our very best football under him..

How do we have 'nothing to lose'? If anything we can ill-afford yet another poor appointment.

Too much needs to be done at Newcastle for a man wearing L plates to come in and sort it out. We need a manager who has experience and can use his experience to settle the club and make us a top 8 side. Only then and even thats a maybe, can we appoint Shearer.

I 100% believe Sam's days are numberrd here but it does not matter really if its Shearer or not,. any new manager is a risk no matter who they are, its the nature of the game.

What's Keegan got to do with things btw?

Keegan had never managed before taking over here, just as Al has not managed before..

Anyway, it wouldn't matter because all the booers and those who walk out with 20 minutes left would be chanting "SHEARER OUT" as soon as his team lost two games in a row and want him replaced by some fancy dan foreign coach.

Fancy dan as in proven? Too f****** right.

And as I have said before, where were these foreign successes when Souness was appointed, or Roeder, or Allardyce? I certainly didn't see them queuing up on Barrack Road desperate to manage Newcastle.

Maybe 'cos you offically have nothing to do with Newcastle so wouldn't of seen who applied and who didn't?

Couldn't see FS appointing a foreign manager even if they did apply, and as IIRC Houllier declared his intrest at one point.

but i'd prefer an experience man coming in.If

Why change then? Sam is experienced.

He's experienced one club in the prem before coming here, thats not really that much is it?

A silly argument -- how many prem clubs have Wenger and Ferguson "experienced" ?

Not really, that's all he's done, Fergie won thing with Aberdeen, Wenger also had a career before coming to the league.

Not really relevant though because your statement was "in the prem".  If you want to talk career outside of prem prior, then Sam has quite the CV too. 

All academic though.  The man won't be sacked any time soon.

You really have picked up the wrong end of the stick there mate.  I meant that was his highlight of his career, one club in the prem, its pretty obvious when you look at what i said, that's what i meant.

I 100% believe Sam's days are numberrd here but it does not matter really if its Shearer or not,. any new manager is a risk no matter who they are, its the nature of the game.

Yes, but a manager with a good cv is a significantly smaller risk than someone who has never done it before. And it doesn't really matter who the next manager is? Is that what you're saying? :lol:

The last 2 successful managers (relatively) have been the type of person that when you hear them interviewed on the TV, you can imagine yourself as a player thinking " I really want to play for this guy, his enthusiasm is infectious " (Keegan/Robson)

I dont think Shearer comes across as that type of personality therefore I cant see him being a success.

Question is... who else out there has KK/Robson's passion and heart on your sleeve enthusiasm for the game in general and, whisper it quietly, Newcastle United

Guest toonlass

Maybe 'cos you offically have nothing to do with Newcastle so wouldn't of seen who applied and who didn't?

Couldn't see FS appointing a foreign manager even if they did apply, and as IIRC Houllier declared his intrest at one point.

You are taking the piss like? So all these wonderful foreign coaches, with success coming out their arseholes applied to manage Newcastle and Fat Fred said "Ah fuck it, we'll give the job to Roeder!" Please get real......

Keegan had never managed before taking over here, just as Al has not managed before..

The situation is not applicable though, it has no relevance whatsoever IMO.

Capello never managed before Milan as well, so on that basis let us appoint one of our 'scouts' as he could end up a Champions League winning coach.  :rolleyes:

Guest toonlass

Capello never managed before Milan as well, so on that basis let us appoint one of our 'scouts' as he could end up a Champions League winning coach.  :rolleyes:

Do we have any scouts yet?

I certainly don't want him now.

People who are saying that they want Shearer now are judging him as a player, not as a manager. I've got no doubt that he has passion for the club and cares about NUFC, of course he does, but so do I. Would I want me managing NUFC? (well, I'd play 4-4-2 with Milner and the Zog on the wings), no - at least not outside of 'Football Manager' on my PC anyway.

Shearer may well turn out to be a great manager, but the thing is that right now, we don't know, and it is a huge risk. I think that we've had enough grief and things going wrong at NUFC to take on an unknown as manager right now. I'd prefer that Shearer went off somewhere else, lower down and got a bit of experience. NUFC is a hell of a club to manage. I don't think we're unmanagable as someone said once, but it's not the sort of job where you want a complete managerial novice.

Right now, Shearer is a big risk, and I would hate for him to get the job and for it to go wrong - Most of all I'd hate it for the club, but I'd hate it for him as well.

Great players don't neccesarily make great managers. Let him have a crack lower down and at some point in the future if he's shown he can cut it, then by all means give him the chance.

I think Shearer stands as good a chance as anybody of being successful here. The only manager out there is Mourinho, and hes not going to manage us. Shearer would also have a good chance if he gets a good team in around him. I want him in to just see what happens, get it out of the way and give it a go. If we don't then it will just drag on and on. Plus if he does crap at least he would go down fighting and all guns blazing style, with a genuine attempt at attacking football. That contrasts with Sam's current demise, where although utterly ridiculous it actually does look like he actively discourages good football.

I reckon if he does get the job he would bring one of his mates like Mike Newell in as his assistant. Could be amazing, could be rubbish, would be more interesting than allardyce though.

Guest toonlass

I certainly don't want him now.

People who are saying that they want Shearer now are judging him as a player, not as a manager. I've got no doubt that he has passion for the club and cares about NUFC, of course he does, but so do I. Would I want me managing NUFC? (well, I'd play 4-4-2 with Milner and the Zog on the wings), no - at least not outside of 'Football Manager' on my PC anyway.

Shearer may well turn out to be a great manager, but the thing is that right now, we don't know, and it is a huge risk. I think that we've had enough grief and things going wrong at NUFC to take on an unknown as manager right now. I'd prefer that Shearer went off somewhere else, lower down and got a bit of experience. NUFC is a hell of a club to manage. I don't think we're unmanagable as someone said once, but it's not the sort of job where you want a complete managerial novice.

Right now, Shearer is a big risk, and I would hate for him to get the job and for it to go wrong - Most of all I'd hate it for the club, but I'd hate it for him as well.

Great players don't neccesarily make great managers. Let him have a crack lower down and at some point in the future if he's shown he can cut it, then by all means give him the chance.

And anyway, who says Shearer wants to manage? He may just be happy doing what he does now.

Do we have any scouts yet?

I'm not so sure, that's why I put the ' in there. ;)

You are taking the piss like? So all these wonderful foreign coaches, with success coming out their arseholes applied to manage Newcastle and Fat Fred said "Ah fuck it, we'll give the job to Roeder!" Please get real......

The fact Roeder got the job should tell how far the net was cast at the time. I would also imagine you need to pursue and, in some cases, poach top coaches to even have a hope of getting them. I can't believe the likes of Sven and Martin O'Neill were out of our league considering where they've ended up. I thought they were going for then too, not just since they've done well in their respective current jobs.

One thing we do too often in this country is just expect former top players to instantly become top managers in top jobs. If Shearer were offered this job, imho it would be a massive mistake by NUFC. If he then accepted it, it would be a massive mistake by Alan Shearer.

I know it sometimes does work (Keegan, obv example) but far more often than not, it doesn't work (Southgate's obvious mediocrity, Pearce's cluelessness as recent examples).

Don't know if many would agree, but it is also frightening when your idols get put in a position like that where they could very easily take a big, big fall. I felt the same way when we appointed Sir Brian of Little, but at least he had decent managerial experience and was better positioned to do OK. Shearer taking over now would not have that advantage, and would find it very difficult.

Guest toonlass

I would hate to see Shearer booed from the stands at SJP, and it would happen because the clueless morons who like nothing better than whinge about Newcastle while the match is being played, would make sure of it. Shearer has left the club as an idol, why would he want to come back and maybe be seen as a failure as a manager?

This thread ought to be locked, absolutely stupidity this is. Sam won't be getting the sack for a while yet and I hope he doesn't we would be the joke of the Premiership if that happens. Jesus Christ you guys need to get a grip of yourselves.

One thing we do too often in this country is just expect former top players to instantly become top managers in top jobs. If Shearer I know it sometimes does work (Keegan, obv example) but far more often than not, it doesn't work (Southgate's obvious mediocrity, Pearce's cluelessness as recent examples).

Just where do you think Boro should be?

Coleman at Fulham, Ruud at Chelsea, Vialli at Chelsea. Feel free to list managers who have come through the ranks & failed.

We got Ossie from Swindon? Anyone else remember how that turned out.