Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/12/07 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

ROBBED BLIND!!!!!!

Load of shit man, they've battered us with their reserve team and with their fans singing at their manager "you don't know what you're doing". 2-1 is not an unjust result at all.

wouldnt say battered but there's been a few battles where theyve been well on top, swp vs cnz for instance and they couldve  (shouldve) had 3 in the first half. we were lucky to be in with a chance as late as we were but unlucky with the nature of their winning goal.

Owen coming on for Martins has killed the game for us, if Owen plays it has to be in a 4-4-2.

Surely everyone must see that's where we handed them over the initiative?

correct.

What handed the initiative was putting Owen on by himself. The Duff/Viduka substitution should have been made at the same time.

Aye, that's what I meant. If he was coming on, it had to be in a 4-4-2 with Viduka/Martins alongside.

They got the winner from a mile offside so yes we were robbed blind!!

It was the baffling free-kick given against Owen a few minutes earlier that set that whole phase of play up as well, I was still complaining about that decision fucking us over when they scored. Typical.

They got the winner from a mile offside so yes we were robbed blind!!

It was the baffling free-kick given against Owen a few minutes earlier that set that whole phase of play up as well, I was still complaining about that decision f****** us over when they scored. Typical.

Yea what the hell was that given for? I thought it was given our way..

Owen coming on for Martins has killed the game for us, if Owen plays it has to be in a 4-4-2.

Surely everyone must see that's where we handed them over the initiative?

correct.

What handed the initiative was putting Owen on by himself. The Duff/Viduka substitution should have been made at the same time.

Aye, that's what I meant. If he was coming on, it had to be in a 4-4-2 with Viduka/Martins alongside.

didnt change when viduka came on, needed the pace, pressing and wide movement from martins to keep them on their toes. soon as he went off the game changed.

Must be so hard for Sam to take that, under real pressure, go's down to Chelksi and gives them a real game and gets robbed of a point by a shocking shocking shocking decision.

Cannot really blame Sam for that loss, yeah maybe taking Oba off for Owen did'nt work but that was not what cost us that goal..

ROBBED BLIND!!!!!!

Load of shit man, they've battered us with their reserve team and with their fans singing at their manager "you don't know what you're doing". 2-1 is not an unjust result at all.

Battered? A total exagerration.

Last 15 minutes I mean, and the majority of the first half. I actually thought we might nick it when we equalised.

I really thought we were. Outstanding touch from Ben Haim (I think) to deny Duff. Good value for a point I felt.

Guest Knightrider

I'm actually angry at the fact that it took Allardyce THAT long to realise that Zoggy is an LW.

Ironically he did fuck all when he become a LW.

Robbed or not, we have to question why we stopped playing football in the last 20. Chelsea severely depleted with the fans on their back, we should have gone for the jugular. Instead we just put ten behind the ball and punted it clear at every opportunity. Course, it's no-one's fault that the linesman hasn't got the bottle to disallow a goal that's five yards offside, the cheating fuckwit.

Charlie booked for dissent? Might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb, should have knocked the cunt out.