Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Unlucky to be 0-1 down.

Good first 30mins, shite since we went behind.

Duff wasn't offside and they should have had a red for last man

Awful tackle by Elano, could well have been a red.

If SA doesn't stick Emre on now, its showing a complete lack of ambition. We need to be aiming for 3pts tonight, and need 2 goals in this 2nd half.

What about Butt? I missed the first twenty or so, but I haven't seen much from him. Nzogbia looked good running through the middle shadowing Duff though.

City should be a man down though.

Richards should have been sent off, Duff wasnt offside, was clean through and was taken out, then Elano should have gone off, what the fuck is it with match officials these days

The refs is clueless and weak.

last 12 or 13 mins have been poor, before that, very good. now that city are content to sit back, slow the tempo down and hit us on the counter it will be much harder to easily create space and opportunities like we did in the opening half hour.

If SA doesn't stick Emre on now, its showing a complete lack of ambition. We need to be aiming for 3pts tonight, and need 2 goals in this 2nd half.

Disagree, we are balanced, its working for us, Emre on means we lose a defensive midfielder which means they have more chance of a 2nd.

Unlucky to be 0-1 down.

Good first 30mins, shite since we went behind.

Duff wasn't offside and they should have had a red for last man

Awful tackle by Elano, could well have been a red.

I'd go with that, maybe give it 10mins before Emre appears.

We need to feed the ball to Duff and Zoggy.

Id bring Emre on, I dont think Butt is having one of his better games. Im a fan of Martins but he has been useless recently, he wants too much time and doesnt look like he knows what to do. He cant blame it on being on the wing tonight either.

So far...

Butt=shocking display

Casapa=shocking display

Milner=shocking display

Martins=shocking display

The only 2 players that played well in the 1st half are Zoggy and Faye

Allardyce OUT ASAP

I just wonder where are the people on this board who said that SGE is not good enough for us???

Guest Oz Toon

Anyone think we can find 2 in 45 mins?

Honestly no

Yeah I do... The Duff and Zoggy show us getting better, Zoggy has been brilliant down the left as an attacking force. And Beye has done well against Petrov... Owen will be on at some point - the only question is whether martins goes off or not. Most of the better passes have come from the wings or Zoggy pulling inside... Cos Butt and Fate are both defensive although Faye is coming forward... H'way the lads, 3-2.

'Supporters' booing after that first half performance need to be culled.

Did we score?  Have I missed something?

No, but booing after a performance like the one we produced against Liverpool is embarrassing enough, nevermind when we've been the better team.

And less chance of using getting an equaliser. Been shite since we went behind.

Disagree, we are balanced, its working for us, Emre on means we lose a defensive midfielder which means they have more chance of a 2nd.