Dean Ashton

Luc

Guest nufc_geordie

Fantastic signing if it were to happen. Would fit into Allardyces 4-3-3 rubbish or into a 4-4-2, good in the air and on the deck, young and hungry, fits the bill!

I'd have him here at a sensible price (£3m max).

Reckon he's still got a bit to offer, scored a couple of goals since his return from injury.

At the same time, West Ham don't have many striking options and still Curbishley won't play him, which doesnt sound too promising.

Dean Ashton would be a superb signing for us. We need a bullying striker to lead from the front AND score goals. Him and Martins would be devestating IMO.

Can't see hammers letting him go.

Ashton wants to come back to the North West (Its where he's from) but West Ham won't sell him for owt less than £12m - Wigan were knocked back in the summer.

Fact.

2nd hand ITKtastic.

Spec, out of interest, is there any ITK about the big name Sven reckons you're signing?

I read this on the ever-reliable teamtalk...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3022440,00.html

Ashton wants to come back to the North West (Its where he's from) but West Ham won't sell him for owt less than £12m - Wigan were knocked back in the summer.

Fact.

2nd hand ITKtastic.

Spec, out of interest, is there any ITK about the big name Sven reckons you're signing?

Daniel Carvalho and Lukas Podolski both been mentioned, I've not heard owt concrete. ???

Fact.

2nd hand ITKtastic.

Daniel Carvalho and Lukas Podolski both been mentioned, I've not heard owt concrete. ???

OK.  I just read it and began to turn green with envy afterwards.

If its true, you're going for big-names whilst we're stuck with scraping around for kids and having bids for players rejected.  :weep:

Bent to West Ham and Ashton to Newcastle.

Yes please!

An big strong striker who is good in the air and who holds the ball up well. Is also very intelligent and gets the best out of his abilities despite a lack of top end pace.

Definitely rather get him than Crouch.

How much did West Ham pay for him again?

As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if Sven is in for Ashton. If he is interested in Crouch as has been claimed then surely he would look at Ashton as an alternative?

Hope we get Ashton though!

He's allright: good in the air, decent finisher and zany white hair

However he's way too slow and is seriously underachieving right now. We have good strikers at the moment but the service has always been poor and ushering in more overpriced youngsters right now is not what we need.

Creative midfielder and a pacey RW pretty please.