Stoke City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 06/01/08 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Completely agree with everyone saying our midfield needs sorting out. I think a two stronger CMs would do a wonder for this team. Someone who can score off set plays and put in decent corners would be nice, as well. Zogs' corners were terrible, imo.

All and all a shameful performance today. One side looked like it was in the Premiership and one looked like it was in the Championship. You would think that we were the minnows hanging on to a replay.

"I'm disappointed over the 90 minutes not to have won but it's a very good draw and we will try to finish the job at St James' Park.

"We dealt with their size and strength very well and but for 15 minutes they didn't cause us too many problems.

"Overall it was a satisfying performance. We should have broken them down better than we did, but still had many chances to win it."

-Wtf is a very good draw? Drawing against a team in a league below us and having to play an extra game. Yeah a great draw Sam, keep em coming.

Guest Brewcastle

For me, tonight only highlighted how much the players are to blame for our recent failings as anybody else involved with the club, it was an embarrasment to watch at times.

Couldn't agree more. Like I said when the players can't even control the ball adequately, how the hell is the manager responsible for such a s*** performance? Can't control a ball you won't be able to pass it. Furthermore if you have no mobility up front how the hell are we meant to put teams on the backfoot. Further on, without any creativity in the middle, how the hell are we meant to create chances? It's all f***** up, this team. Individually we have some decent players and the squad is strong in terms of numbers and experience but it lacks balance and options. We're a limited team and that's being reflected in performances. I thought the manager got pretty much everything spot on tonight and can be pleased with a clean sheet and a replay given how s**** the players were, note I said players!!!

As it was last season.... Result: Roeder sacked....

Might as well

Given- 7 Some good saves

Rozehnal-7 Impressive, out of postion, sure footed.

Faye- 6 Seemed to tire but had a decent game.

Taylor- 6.5 Worked his socks off and some good challenges.

Enrique- 7.5 Why hasn't he being playing? Such a good footballer, good passing.

Duff- 7 Looks alot better now than pre Allardyce.

Butt-6 Failed to control the game, should have done better with shots.

Smith-6 Same as above, almost pointless having him in midfield (cant fault effort).

Zoggy- 7 Good first half, dipped in the second.

Owen-7.5 Excellent link up play, good football.

Viduka- 7.5 Same as above, should have caused more goal threat though.

Ain't been through the post match comments but i' m going to be optimistic and say there are positives to come out of it. Defense looked a lot better tonight. Faye is a beast and Taylor looked solid alongside him, i noticed Faye demanded the ball to him when Given at times looked like he was going to hoof it long. Enrique should be a regular left back linked up well with N'Zogbia did give the ball away cheaply at times but of course down to lack of match fitness. I feel if we can get a solid center midfield partnership then we're not too far from at least a comfortable top 10 finish this season. Although Smith and Butt are defensive midfielder's they both seem to bomb forward a lot and we got hit on the counter attack. N'Zogbia's free kicks were very good today although his corners still failed to beat the first man at times, Lawrence for Stoke knocked in some quality crosses for them. Although we did not win tonight i felt it was more important we didn't lose and at least get a bit of confidence back although the second half we got over ran. Result wise replay isn't so bad although we did get hammered 5-1 last year by Brum.

Might as well

Given- 7 Some good saves

Smith-6 Same as above, almost pointless having him in midfield (cant fault effort).

So, how is your chronic LSD usage going nowadays, anyway?

Might as well

Given- 7 Some good saves

Bloody hell, if everyone was averaging a 7 there let's hope no-one has an off day next weekend.  What's our record defeat so far, 9-0 against Newport or something?  :frantic:

Wind up, surely  :crazy2:

Might as well

Given- 7 Some good saves

mackems.gif I've just read the above and just nearly fell of my chair with roars of laughter.  The thing is though....it has just dawned on me that this could be an honest assessment.  If so I feel like such a tit.  blueyes.gif