Lassana Diarra joins Portsmouth

Guest Guinness

Diouf plays on the left usually when I've watched Bolton, well the left of a 4-3-3. Better than anyone we've got out wide atm.

not in a 4-4-2. in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 he's good but not in a fantastically creative or prolific way and i'd prefer us to spend more on a better player (if possible).

Diouf's crap and hes a cheating, spitting scum too. No thanks

he might be a scumbag but he's far from being crap

indeed, his behaviour seems to have improved since he went to bolton and he's vastly more talented than milner

Do you think he'd be very creative as an all out winger in a 442?

Perhaps not but, were he to come, I doubt that's how he'd be used.

How do you think he'd be used? Surely not as a starting striker?  His signing would woryy me to be fair because it would signal Allardyce's intention to implement a 433.  Possbily.

In a 4-3-3, aye.

indeed, his behaviour seems to have improved since he went to bolton and he's vastly more talented than milner

How do you think he'd be used? Surely not as a starting striker? His signing would woryy me to be fair because it would signal Allardyce's intention to implement a 433. Possbily.

In a 4-3-3, aye.

which  would lead us to the sales of Owen and maybe Martins?

Anyway, this threads getting sidetracked!

Guest Guinness

Lyon have also confirmed their interest in signing him although according to their president they don't think they'll be able to sign him as he wants to remain in the Premiership <- Just been on SSN.

Why are people so nervous about him not coming to Newcastle? :lol:

This isn't a grizzled veteran who wants to win trophies asap. This is a young guy who just wants to play regularly, so for once we don't have to worry about our current position, which isn't great but then again isn't disastrous either. We aren't fighting for our lives like Derby or anything.

We are a well known club who can guarantee him more playing time, maybe moreso than the other clubs interested, and he happens to be very close to two members of our team.

We are in a very strong position in my opinion. Matter fo fact I would say we are in the driving seat.

vroom, vroom, vroom ...

How do you think he'd be used? Surely not as a starting striker?  His signing would woryy me to be fair because it would signal Allardyce's intention to implement a 433.  Possbily.

In a 4-3-3, aye.

Purely hypothetical. I was saying that if we were to buy him - a possibility mooted by others - he'd almost certainly be deployed in a 4-3-3. That's all.

In a 4-3-3, aye.

Purely hypothetical. I was saying that if we were to buy him - a possibility mooted by others - he'd almost certainly be deployed in a 4-3-3. That's all.

:thup:

Lyon have also confirmed their interest in signing him although according to their president they don't think they'll be able to sign him as he wants to remain in the Premiership <- Just been on SSN.

He only wants to stay in the premiership because he has a chance to play with his dad and his brother at the Toon.

:razz:

Nothing more to see here folks ... he's all ours.

He only wants to stay in the premiership because he has a chance to play with his dad and his brother at the Toon.

Jinxed us now, we always have someone who does this  :frantic:

What are you on about? I'm the lucky charm. I bring positive vibes to this negative world.

He's ours so get your knickerbokers out of a twist pal.

Trust me on this one :coolsmiley:

What are you on about? I'm the lucky charm. I bring positive vibes to this negative world.

I'll beg to differ.

I'll beg to differ.

Stop begging. You have been granted what you want already. It's all taken care of.

Guest LucasUnger

Been spotted buying a 50" HD plasma at Comet, Kingston Park so he can watch the reserves game tonight, allegedly.

:)