Lassana Diarra joins Portsmouth

Guest Guinness

Im very sceptic about this. If Wenger deciedes to let him go Im not sure he is the kind of player we want. If both Chelsea and Arsenal decides to let him go in 1 year, it really doesnt look good.

Left Chelsea to play more football and has found that the situation isn't much better at Arsenal. has therefore asked to leave. As Arsenal are bursting at the seams with young talent in midfield and everywhere else to be honest, Arsene has granted him his wish.

Very highly rated player in France. Makelele like, but will push forward more given the opportunity. Also does a surprisingly good job at right-back too.

Im very sceptic about this. If Wenger deciedes to let him go Im not sure he is the kind of player we want. If both Chelsea and Arsenal decides to let him go in 1 year, it really doesnt look good.

Left Chelsea to play more football and has found that the situation isn't much better at Arsenal. has therefore asked to leave. As Arsenal are bursting at the seams with young talent in midfield and everywhere else to be honest, Arsene has granted him his wish.

Very highly rated player in France. Makelele like, but will push forward more given the opportunity. Also does a surprisingly good job at right-back too.

Yup...Yup...Yup. :razz:

He's a classy little player, but i just don't think we need him, we need more flair.

Its a great signing if we go out and get some attacking players as well.

I agree about the attacking players bit, but disagree with you saying we don't need him. We absolutely do.

We have no young prospects at this position and no real depth after Butt (I know we have Faye, but we need him more at CB), who really shouldn't be relied upon as much as we rely on him anyway.

I think he has become available for a very reasonable price and we are making a move for him. If we were looking at more creative midfielders I don't think this move affects that at all.

He's a classy little player, but i just don't think we need him, we need more flair.

yup I agree.  At this moment in time we should take what we can get.  As far as I'm aware, there's no attacking midfielders that are available/would want to join.  At some point we're going to have to replace Butt, so lets just do it now while there is someone who is good enough available.

He's different class to what we have though currently, course we need him.

Agree with this.

Can't say I've seen that much of him, but from what I've seen, he seems like a very good player. Good age as well, will still be wanting to prove himself which is a good thing.

Like TT says though, we'll need a creative player too to compliment him.

He's different class to what we have though currently, course we need him.

would be a great help to have a midfielder that understands a thing or two about ball retention. might even build the odd sync'd attack everyonce in a while.  although he will have to bring with him wenger methods of coaching in regards to off the ball movement to the rest of the players.

Played 7 times for France already this season so is no mug. Has said he wants to move so no point Wenger keeping him on really.

Guivarche and Boumsong played for France and they WERE mugs in Toon strips. Hope if we sign this bloke he's an exception.

what fee is being touted?

we really need an acm not another dm!

We need a DM aswell, a complete overhaul of CM is needed.

Ya ur prob right althought I think Faye has done a great job there but hes off now!Diarras def a step up from what we got despite what a lot of people think I dont rate Butt that highly,he wins the ball well but he gives away way too often!

Would fit in quite nicely but I can't see Wenger letting him go on the cheap.

We don't want cheap remember.  ;)

He's not worth £15M

Not good enough.

Next.

:razz:

He will be worth £15m.