The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

appointing redknapp wouldn't be nearly as bad as the souness appointment as he's a much better manager and we had more to lose then. however it's just as gut-wrenching as that move, if not more, because back then you expected freddie shepherd to do something stupid, whereas now we're under new ownership and this move would just destroy any hope that the club was being run by folk with intelligence and ambition.

Portsmouth were excellent when they played us at our place this season - crisp passing, full of movement, played with lots of intelligence.

Personally, I think Harry is a fucking good manager, I can't help but think that if he didn't have that slightly jowelly, bloodshot face and speak like he's just been drinking with the Krays in the Blind Beggar, people (not people here, people in general) would look upon him more favourably. I fancied him as England manager, too. His teams also play good football.

Surely the horror option is McLaren?

appointing redknapp wouldn't be nearly as bad as the souness appointment as he's a much better manager and we had more to lose then. however it's just as gut-wrenching as that move, if not more, because back then you expected freddie shepherd to do something stupid, whereas now we're under new ownership and this move would just destroy any hope that the club was being run by folk with intelligence and ambition.

Aye, appointing Redknapp would all make it seem very clique-y at the top. Regardless of whether or not Ashley's had a pint with the fans. Appointing his best mate's best mate?

I havent gone through all the thread so this has probably been mentioned but...

If these rumours do ahve any substance behind them, are we intent on employing everyone involved in that BBC scandal ?

Kevin Bond is seething.

Aye, appointing Redknapp would all make it seem very clique-y at the top. Regardless of whether or not Ashley's had a pint with the fans. Appointing his best mate's best mate?

yep, let's give this bloke tens of millions of the clubs money cos i know him from the horses and he is dead canny.

couldnt give a rats ass if he appoints his mam to be honest, as long as she gets the right results

couldnt give a rats ass if he appoints his mam to be honest, as long as she gets the right results

True, like. Mike Ashley's mam would get my full backing.

yep, let's give this bloke tens of millions of the clubs money cos i know him from the horses and he is dead canny.

It sounds silly but i don't think it's far off that. :undecided:

What the fuck track record has Redknapp got, that warrants sacking Allardyce to give all your crucial money to him?

It sounds silly but i don't think it's far off that. :undecided:

What the fuck track record has Redknapp got, that warrants sacking Allardyce to give all your crucial money to him?

...Being someone that Ashley trusts with HIS money. Which is what counts.

If it is Redknapp, hopefully he will bring Tony Adams with him... might help our defenders and he has worked with Taylor before

Adams will become the new Portsmouth boss, I reckon.

Far from convinced tbh.  Learnt a lot from 'Arry but nowhere near the finished article yet.  A lot more sense would be for Shearer to become the #2, it would give him the 3 or 4 years experience to take total control.  If Shearer doesn't take it on, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie involved.  When he played at Spurs he was coaching the u12's as part of his Pro Badge qualification.  Impressed doing that, enough for Spurs to go flat out to get him signed on as the Head Academy Coach.  Arnesen's feeling was that Jamie was destined for the top if he wanted it.

Guest elbee909

Oh great, steptoe and son.

I suppose NUFC is the carthorse...

And the fans have to walk behind picking up the shit.

Not only are we planning on employing everyone involved in the bung scandal, but we seem to be going through the full list of footballers in trouble with the police.

I propose we buy some of our old stars back and a couple of new faces:

Hoult

Solano - Bramble - Woodgate - Bernard

Dyer - Bowyer - Barton - Duff

Kluivert - Bellamy

Bench: Faye, Solano, Ferguson, Acuna and get Lee Hughes in from Oldham.

Boss: Harry Redknapp

Assistant: Tony Adams (organises the Christmas party too)

Haven't read the thread. Who are the mofo ITK's?

A woman on Skunkers, whose husband is The People's David Kidd & 'Akabusi' on Toontastic, who broke the news that Allardyce had gone before the media.