The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope he says no. I really do. And then I hope Mort and Ashley get a fucking grip and realize there aren't any good British managers out there.

What a disappointment if Redknapp's appointed. What a shame. What an opportunity lost. Fucking hell :(

I'm not sure how much of an opportunity lost it would be. I'd love a Mourinho or a Lippi, but we've got to be realistic.

He spent 30m in the summer and they're only a few points ahead of us.

That's me won over.

Barring the £6m on Nugent, the rest has been very well spent. (£7m Muntari, £7m Utaka, £2m Diop, £3m Johnson, Distin Free...) He only spent £3m more than Allardyce, and before we get the "ooh, but the net spend blah blah", he didn't have big saleable assets to sell in the first place in the way we could get in £12m from Parker & Dyer.

and at least redknapp cottoned on to the fact that nugent was s**** very early on, allardyce meanwhile thinks smith is captain material after half a season of s****. i'm far happier with redknapp getting a warchest than i would be about allardyce getting the same.

Exactly.

And whoever said D'Alessandro before, could see that happening now.

if he can get d'alessandro for pompey i'd expect to see him buy even better for us. muntari was an absolute coup for them considering the clubs that were sniffing round him, man utd, juventus, milan and so on and i could see us signing players on that calibre on a regular basis if he comes.

Man ... I feel almost embarrassed to say it now but I think Harry would be really good. I expected some people to be dissapointed but this is a shocking reaction. I hope if he is appointed that he is at least given some initial support. If we get behind him I honestly think he could be great for the club.

I'm sure people will calm down when he starts signing the likes of D'Alessandro and Farfan. My God I would be so happy.

Think about it the guy is coming here with orders from the owner to make us an entertaining side!He already enjoys playing good football with quality players, what the hell would he be like with a ton of money and the objective of making us a quality attacking outfit! It could be immense in my opinion.

Please give him a chance.

Good post.

Thanks.

To me the difference is that if Sam was given a ton of money and told to make us more of an entertaining and attacking side, he might not be able to achieve it. He would still want his team to have a defensive mindset first. It's just the nature of the man. That's his style and I certainly won't knock him for it. However, it doesn't suit the club or the owner.

I just want to say as well, that Harry is definitely a guy that would win the players over pretty quickly. We have to acknowledge the fact that players love to play for him, they just like him. I remember Disitn saying that once Harry contacted him he couldn't turn him down.

If we had brought in Hughes instead I would have been very worried about him getting the best out of some of our lot in the short term.

Man I'm happy abouth this, but at the same time so sad because of the vibe on here :undecided:

Guest elbee909

Supposing we don't appoint anyone tomorrow, I wonder if Ashley sits in with the fans on Saturday if he's back in the country.

He'll put on a fake Geordie accent and wear a moustache.  "What yuz torkin' aboot like?  I thought Sam was geet good y'knaa."

Guest neesy111

i've been thinking about this, and this is total bull crap tbh

only 2 people know who we are going to appoint and thats mort and ashley himself

these are the sources who have said to anal that it's Mark Hughes

who said it was a british manager then 4 david craig say an experienced manager nationality no bound

sky and media are a load of crap

Man ... I feel almost embarrassed to say it now but I think Harry would be really good. I expected some people to be dissapointed but this is a shocking reaction. I hope if he is appointed that he is at least given some initial support. If we get behind him I honestly think he could be great for the club.

I'm sure people will calm down when he starts signing the likes of D'Alessandro and Farfan. My God I would be so happy.

Think about it the guy is coming here with orders from the owner to make us an entertaining side!He already enjoys playing good football with quality players, what the hell would he be like with a ton of money and the objective of making us a quality attacking outfit! It could be immense in my opinion.

Please give him a chance.

Good post.

Thanks.

To me the difference is that if Sam was given a ton of money and told to make us more of an entertaining and attacking side, he might not be able to achieve it. He would still want his team to have a defensive mindset first. It's just the nature of the man. That's his style and I certainly won't knock him for it. However, it doesn't suit the club or the owner.

I just want to say as well, that Harry is definitely a guy that would win the players over pretty quickly. We have to acknowledge the fact that players love to play for him, they just like him. I remember Disitn saying that once Harry contacted him he couldn't turn him down.

If we had brought in Hughes instead I would have been very worried about him getting the best out of some of our lot in the short term.

Man I'm happy abouth this, but at the same time so sad because of the vibe on here :undecided:

Again another good post, the initial disappointment is wearing off fast, it would come back doubly quick if we don't make waves in this window, i can take the defeats due to the state the team is in, but i want to see some action to get the place buzzing. It could be a massive turn around, it will certainly be more exciting than the 1st half of the season thats for sure.

Trust your gut, if it's a no from the beginning then it'll be a no. You shouldn't have to talk yourself into believing in a manager. Most of us did that with Allardyce and look how good he was.

Fuck off Harry. Just say no, you stupid prick. Don't be a greedy cunt now, just stay in Portsmouth and continue wanking your dog by the coast. Please.

That's me won over.

Barring the £6m on Nugent, the rest has been very well spent. (£7m Muntari, £7m Utaka, £2m Diop, £3m Johnson, Distin Free...) He only spent £3m more than Allardyce, and before we get the "ooh, but the net spend blah blah", he didn't have big saleable assets to sell in the first place in the way we could get in £12m from Parker & Dyer.

and at least redknapp cottoned on to the fact that nugent was s**** very early on, allardyce meanwhile thinks smith is captain material after half a season of s****. i'm far happier with redknapp getting a warchest than i would be about allardyce getting the same.

Exactly.

if he can get d'alessandro for pompey i'd expect to see him buy even better for us. muntari was an absolute coup for them considering the clubs that were sniffing round him, man utd, juventus, milan and so on and i could see us signing players on that calibre on a regular basis if he comes.

The signings and man management are his strongest suit imo.

The more I think about this, the more I'm coming around to it.

blueyes.gif

blueyes.gif

not what i wanted at all and while the justification for his appointment should be doubted there are some positives to having redknapp.

How the fuck can people already say that this was a misstake blah blah and total failure and so on? Can you look in to the future or something? He isn't my choice either and i would of have liked someone else. But to say that and that before he's even signed IF he signs is fucking silly.

When Big Sam signed everubody was jumping with joy and dreaming of a new era and most thought that he was the perfect choice, and look how that turned out to be even if he got very little time. But he still made some stupid decisions imo which helped him to get the sack this early.

So who's to say that Redknapp wont succed? Let time tell. Im tired of all the negativ blah blah blah. Being a NUFC supporter is negative enough so there is no need to say "sack the board" "redknapp is a misstake" and so on.

i've been thinking about this, and this is total bull crap tbh

only 2 people know who we are going to appoint and thats mort and ashley himself

these are the sources who have said to anal that it's Mark Hughes

who said it was a british manager then 4 david craig say an experienced manager nationality no bound

sky and media are a load of crap

just folow the golden rule. dont trust anything apart from bbc

That's me won over.

Exactly.

The signings and man management are his strongest suit imo.

What we need right now imo. Can take us to the next level whereby managers of a higher calibre would begin to consider us. I'd love Jose, but I just don't think he'd take the idea seriously atm.

That's me won over.

Exactly.

This is the biggest thing for me!

Portsmouth have great fans and all that and I thing they're an alright club, but seriously how the heck did he get some of those guys to agree to sign there?

The potential players we could bring in now is almost too exciting to comprehend, especially as he will be backed and he will be told to make us an exciting team.

Honestly this really could be something ...

How the f*** can people already say that this was a misstake blah blah and total failure and so on? Can you look in to the future or something? He isn't my choice either and i would of have liked someone else. But to say that and that before he's even signed IF he signs is f****** silly.

When Big Sam signed everubody was jumping with joy and dreaming of a new era and most thought that he was the perfect choice, and look how that turned out to be even if he got very little time. But he still made some stupid decisions imo which helped him to get the sack this early.

So who's to say that Redknapp wont succed? Let time tell. Im tired of all the negativ blah blah blah. Being a NUFC supporter is negative enough so there is no need to say "sack the board" "redknapp is a misstake" and so on.

rubbish mate, alot of people were sceptical about sam