Will we get dragged in to a Relegation Battle? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

hakka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But it's not just about 2 of the teams below us picking up 3 points...Derby are as good as down, Fulham are going down too.  That means there are 6 teams below us who ALL need to overhaul us.  Not just 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 teams...all 6 of them.  And they currently all have less points than us so they need to outscore us over the rest of the season.

Have a look through Birmingham's remaining fixtures - they have rock-solid home games and tricky away ones.

I'm far from happy with where we'll end up at the end of the season - but we'll not be going down because the quality of the bottom teams this year is absolutely woeful.

We are most certainly in a relgation battle after today's result, anyone who doesn't think so, has their head firmly entrenched in the sand. At the moment I just can't see where our next win is coming from, and we need at least 3 more before the end of the season.

lol - knee-jerktastic.  Thankfully, it's not just about our team.

What's heartening is seeing the likes of Reading losing their last 6 games in a row.  I can see them losing their next 5 as well.  How are they going to get above us in the prem?

What's heartening is seeing the likes of Reading losing their last 6 games in a row.  I can see them losing their next 5 as well.  How are they going to get above us in the prem?

3pts from 24 isnt really knee-jerk, plus this thread has been going a few weeks.

I think you are right about Reading though, they look seriously bad. Blackburn is a must win, otherwise in 4 games time we could be well in the doo-doo.

3pts from 24 isnt really knee-jerk, plus this thread has been going a few weeks.

I think you are right about Reading though, they look seriously bad. Blackburn is a must win, otherwise in 4 games time we could be well in the doo-doo.

The "must win" tag is a serious noose around our necks. cant remember when we last on a "must win" game. today was another one that has slipped by

One thing supporting Newcastle does to you is teach you not to get too optimistic and keep your expectations low otherwise you invariably will end up suffering crushing dissapointment.

The threat of relegation has been increasing for many weeks now. The signs have been there for most of the season.

To deny them is the mark of the relatively new Newcastle fan untouched by the 50 odd year legacy of domestic underachievement.

Doug.

Honestly, the way Sunderland/Birmingham and Reading are playing we could probably fail to win for the rest of the season and still be safe. For us to get relegated, we would literally have to lose every single game while all three of those teams hit a sudden vein of good form.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's relaly not as likely as we've been making it out to be for the past few weeks.

I agree with Wibble...one relegation  place left...All 6 below need to do what they havnt up to now...some will take points off each other...look at this weekend...Birm/sunder/reading/boro...all dropped points....every game played makes their task harder...

yes,worrying but unlikely ( not immposible)....

We're going to lose three of our next four games and we'll struggle to get anything from Blackburn at home. I think we just have to accept that and try to remain positive. Whether we get dragged into a relegation battle or not will be decided at St' Andrews, if Birmingham beat us we're in real trouble.

Guest Brazilianbob

We'll get three points at Villa  :pow:

Try and be sensible.  With our defence I can't see us getting anything more than a good thumping at Villa and thats called being realistic.

With our defence I can't see us getting anything more than a good thumping at Villa and thats called being realistic.

Are you taking the return of Beye and Faye into account when you say that?

I actually think we may have more of a chance of getting something at Villa than we did today.

...actually, that's a huge exaggeration, but still with Beye/Faye coming back I don't think it's half as dire as it looks.

Another few weeks with the results like this weekend and we will be in a relegation battle no doubt about it

and our up and coming games do not fill me with any confidence at all .Talking of confidence imho that is what we are lacking it simply drained away once the smogs pressed on us after we took the lead .