Will we get dragged in to a Relegation Battle? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

hakka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Loose against Villa and Man Utd and we are in one !

Why don't you put a bet on it, then? You'll get about 16/1. Obviously the bookies know nothing.

Well people say Boro are in one, they are 2 points below us and play Fulham at home next week

Sunderland play Wigan next week, then Wigan play Derby.

If people arn't worrying then there's something wrong. Going on our performances recently, and the fixtures we have coming up, it's not looking promising

There's no way we'll get relegated, but we may end up down that end enough for us to be considered part of the relegation dog fight. We might even have to buy a little biplane.

With Mike Ashley's cash we'd be able to but a cutting edge fighter jet like a F22 Raptor or a EuroFighter.

With our defence I can't see us getting anything more than a good thumping at Villa and thats called being realistic.

Are you taking the return of Beye and Faye into account when you say that?

Beye has been the best of our new players this season and will be an improvement over Carr.

But I can't see why people are hailing Faye as some sort of defensive savior.

Other than Stoke away, where he looked immense (against fizzy pop players), he has been unimpressive at best. In fact, in 9 league games he has started we have conceded 18 goals, an average of 2 a game!

I really can't see the return of those two making that much of an impact.

With our defence I can't see us getting anything more than a good thumping at Villa and thats called being realistic.

Beye has been the best of our new players this season and will be an improvement over Carr.

Other than Stoke away, where he look immense (against fizzy pop players), he has been unimpressive at best. In fact, in 9 league games he has started we have conceded 18 goals, an average of 2 a game!

Faye has arguably been our best CB this season. I seriously doubt he is to singually blame for 18 goals being conceded.

Nope.

Reading/Birmingham/Fulham/Sunderland

That's at least 6 points, which would give us 34, more than enough imo.

This is the best answer to the question.  We need four wins to give us forty points and we have these four at home to come (birminghams at home right?)  As well as some other winable games and some other drawable games.  We have been on absolutely terrible form and yet twelve weeks ago i believe we were eight points from the drop zone so twelve weeks of which much has been terrible form and we have been caught up 1 point.  People seem to see teams pulling away above us and assume that those below us are doing just as well.  They aren't and they won't.  This season is a write off which is dissapointing but i personally i'm very excited for next season.

Nope.

Reading/Birmingham/Fulham/Sunderland

That's at least 6 points, which would give us 34, more than enough imo.

This is the best answer to the question.  We need four wins to give us forty points and we have these four at home to come (birminghams at home right?)  As well as some other winable games and some other drawable games.  We have been on absolutely terrible form and yet twelve weeks ago i believe we were eight points from the drop zone so twelve weeks of which much has been terrible form and we have been caught up 1 point.  People seem to see teams pulling away above us and assume that those below us are doing just as well.  They aren't and they won't.  This season is a write off which is dissapointing but i personally i'm very excited for next season.

Is that true?

That's not so bad when you look at it, the turmoil at the club, the poor performances and fuking solid fixtures we've had.

Other than Stoke away, where he looked immense (against fizzy pop players), he has been unimpressive at best. In fact, in 9 league games he has started we have conceded 18 goals, an average of 2 a game!

So i'm taking he was invisible at Chelsea then and wasn't the reason why we played so well ?

Other than Stoke away, where he look immense (against fizzy pop players), he has been unimpressive at best. In fact, in 9 league games he has started we have conceded 18 goals, an average of 2 a game!

Faye has arguably been our best CB this season. I seriously doubt he is to singually blame for 18 goals being conceded.

The best of a very bad lot.

And while he's obviously not individually to blame for those 18 goals, he clearly didn't make our defence much more watertight before he went away. So he's probably not going to have the impact a lot of people seem to be expecting on his return.

Some reasons why we're staying up:

<snip> No fixtures <snip>

God, you'd think we lived in China or something.

Basically, the gist of it was that most of the teams below us have to play each other a few times.

The best of a very bad lot.

And while he's obviously not individually to blame for those 18 goals, he clearly didn't make our defence much more watertight before he went away. So he's probably not going to have the impact a lot of people seem to be expecting on his return.

I think he'll be alot better in a team which doesnt invite pressure on itself. Also, it shows that for player to play so well, whih he has and still concedegoals shows that the protection of the defense is substandard.

I wouldn't say the defence is that bad. For example, I'd say we drew today mainly because of a crap ref (and assistants). The midfield and strikers need to score more goals. We're bound to lose points if we hardly ever score. It's a confidence problem with the whole team. We need some taller players in the summer. At set pieces the Middlesbrough players towered over our lot. At least with Beye, Faye and Martins coming back there will be more options.

if you look at our away games for the rest of the season, which ones will we win ? which will we even draw ?

our home form is shite, we have man utd, chelsea to come, teams like blackburn...im pretty worried but i think we will stay up by 3 or 4 points

but if we lose to the mackems at sjp then we deserve to go down

form is s****

can't beat the s**** teams at home

not picking up points away

can't keep clean sheets

not scoring enough goals

something has to change and fast

Yep the fun boy three coming back from the ANC might help ,would put Beye back on the right ,Faye in for Butt and Martins in for Smith for the simple reason Martins can score goals .