The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

All I can see that Simon Bird is guilty of is challenging the Newcastle hierarchy. That is why JFK called him a c()nt. Not many journos actually telling it how it is in Fleet St. It's absolutely essential that you have Bird and Caulkin nullifying the smoke -blowing-up-ass pieces masquerading as journalism from Messrs Beasley and Dunn.

All I can see that Simon Bird is guilty of is challenging the Newcastle hierarchy. That is why JFK called him a c()nt. Not many journos actually telling it how it is in Fleet St. It's absolutely essential that you have Bird and Caulkin nullifying the smoke -blowing-up-ass pieces masquerading as journalism from Messrs Beasley and Dunn.

No it isn't.

I 'agree' with the article as well, I just think it's too obvious to bother writing about.

Also, I will be celebrating if we go up, that's what we're trying to acheive isn't it? Next season being hard doesn't mean we should be aiming to stay in the Championship forever.

I've no problem with the piece. It shows that there will be a stark reality check if and when we go up. Agree though that promotion is probably the best way of getting the FCB to sell up.

Totally agree with you, BG - there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he has said. He hasn't had a go at the club as some journalists do, he has merely stated EXACTLY what will be the problems IF the club go up.

We all know that Ashley will try to sell if that happens, so there will be no real investment made in the team until a new owner takes over ; Hughton himself has admitted that there is no thought being given to how new players will do in the Prem, only that promotion is the aim...

Compare that, as I have already done on other threads, with KKs team of 92/93, which was built to survive in the Prem and do really well with only a few major additions.

All those who slag this article off should ask themselves whether they really believe this team will survive in the Prem - I say NOT unless there are at least 3 TOP CLASS signings....and that's just to SURVIVE.

I 'agree' with the article as well, I just think it's too obvious to bother writing about.

Also, I will be celebrating if we go up, that's what we're trying to acheive isn't it? Next season being hard doesn't mean we should be aiming to stay in the Championship forever.

yup, well said  :thup:

We'll have to be looking at £50million investment in transfers next summer (should promotion be achieved) and that's probably just to hopefully stablize the club. Will Ashley do that? No feckin way. If he stays in charge, it'll be done on a shoe-string with loan signings and free transfers whilst he trousers that extra TV and sponsorship money.

I agree with that Bird article. If we go up and fail to invest in the summer we will rocket back down again next season.

I know it's not necessarily what he's saying, but I'd rather that than not get promoted this year.

So would I, but we should be looking at going back up and staying up.

I don't have a problem with that article.  Simon Bird is a local lad and wants Newcastle to do well - the same as Calkin.

He interviewed Hughton last week in which he said that he was not planning for the future - only for promotion.  Fair enough as promotion is a priority but all Bird is doing is highlighting how Newcastle are operating for the short-term only and the likely implications of that should we get promoted. 

I don't know how Ashley thinks he is going to be able to sell for a much higher price if the club is promoted because he is creating a situation where so much money is going to have to be spent on the first team just to survive.

The worse thing will be if we end up in the play-offs as that means the club will not know its future until the end of May - would Ashley be able to sell the club in time to prepare adequately for the next season.  I am just hoping that we get promoted early and that new buyers are ready to move so we are not spending all Summer in limbo like last time.

Why is he even mentioning Nicky Butt?

Old journalistic and political trick.

Introduce names or facts which support your position or argument knowing they're not particularly relevant to it and hope your audience is dumb enough not to see right through you.

We seem to have it played on us more than most and often by people who should know better.

If Ashley stays, he will need to invest to keep us up, if he goes, someone else will have to, either way it will possibly be another in a long line of transition summers which has its surprises and dissapointments.

Well christ, glad Simon Bird highlighted that little detail.

"Why I won’t celebrate if Newcastle get promoted" - because next year might be a toughie? Fuck off. :lol:

Wallow in worry if you want, but as far as I can see, if we pull it off and get promoted, everyone; us, the players, the manager and Chairman would all deserve to celebrate for a job well done.

We'll have to be looking at £50million investment in transfers next summer (should promotion be achieved) and that's probably just to hopefully stablize the club. Will Ashley do that? No feckin way. If he stays in charge, it'll be done on a shoe-string with loan signings and free transfers whilst he trousers that extra TV and sponsorship money.

Sod Ashley, find me anyone who would bankroll us to the tune of £50 million on players to 'hopefully stabilise us'. Would be some fun wages to try an whittle off the pay roll if we slipped up again. :kasper:

I'm never quite sure whether the likes of Simon Bird and George Caulkin are really siding with the fans or whether they're part of the much larger group that enjoys writing about the NUFC soap opera and, deep down, hope that the recent set of mishaps continue so that they can fill the back pages.

I feel very uncomfortable when I see supporters applauding these guys. They have their own agenda.

I'm never quite sure whether the likes of Simon Bird and George Caulkin are really siding with the fans or whether they're part of the much larger group that enjoys writing about the NUFC soap opera and, deep down, hope that the recent set of mishaps continue so that they can fill the back pages.

I feel very uncomfortable when I see supporters applauding these guys. They have their own agenda.

Their articles do seem crassly populist and I'd suspect they use their flimsy "fan" credentials to sell their rags on Tyneside.

Perpetuating the "soap opera" makes their jobs easy.

That said Caulkin does write some credible stuff.

If Ashley stays, he will need to invest to keep us up, if he goes, someone else will have to, either way it will possibly be another in a long line of transition summers which has its surprises and dissapointments.

Well christ, glad Simon Bird highlighted that little detail.

"Why I won’t celebrate if Newcastle get promoted" - because next year might be a toughie? f*** off. :lol:

Wallow in worry if you want, but as far as I can see, if we pull it off and get promoted, everyone; us, the players, the manager and Chairman would all deserve to celebrate for a job well done.

Sod Ashley, find me anyone who would bankroll us to the tune of £50 million on players to 'hopefully stabilise us'. Would be some fun wages to try an whittle off the pay roll if we slipped up again. :kasper:

This is no place for realism.

Perhaps a supporter's organisation could take over, pay off the debt and bankroll us back to the top again ??

Well said Simon Bird, Ashley hoop-lickers/Keegan haters take note

Take note of what?

All he is saying is that rather than being swept up in the magic and heros of the past, as an old cynic beaten by a decade of dissapointment (or just an nose for an eycatching headline) this time around he chooses to let his head rule his heart and vex over the unaswered questions that happen every sodding year - Will we invest? are the players good enough? What happens if Nile gets some woman pregnant?

Is that it?

Fine, enjoy the worry.

I'll just enjoy the ride, and if we make it, possibly one of the few chapters ending with our club on the up, a city on a high, the certainty that we will see new faces, and the chance that we may hold onto some of the players (primarily the youngsters) that we have been lucky enough to hold onto up till now.

Anyone who isn't celebrating if we get promoted doesn't deserve to call themselves a Toon fan.

:facepalm:

I cant think of any nufc fan that wouldn't be chuffed if we make it back up in the first attempt.  I think what we are trying to say is...if we go up the great feeling will eventually be knagged away by the thought of ashley not selling up.  Repeating what took place last season and going down again.

The fresh wave of opimism that goes with a promotion will disappear quickly and will be replaced by Ashleyism.