The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Lawro says they go down.

(in no particular order): Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Cardiff

"Of the three promoted teams, Cardiff and Palace will be down there but Hull look best equipped to stay up. For all the promoted teams, we are talking about a bottom-six finish and their aim will be to finish top of the bottom six. Going up from the Championship is such a massive step.

"From the teams that struggled last year, there are still question marks over Sunderland - yes, Paolo Di Canio kept them up last season and in the short term it was an appointment that worked. It could all still end in tears, though."

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Lawro says they go down.

(in no particular order): Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Cardiff

"Of the three promoted teams, Cardiff and Palace will be down there but Hull look best equipped to stay up. For all the promoted teams, we are talking about a bottom-six finish and their aim will be to finish top of the bottom six. Going up from the Championship is such a massive step.

"From the teams that struggled last year, there are still question marks over Sunderland - yes, Paolo Di Canio kept them up last season and in the short term it was an appointment that worked. It could all still end in tears, though."

As things are panning out, I totally agree with him. Bias aside the Mackems didn't really strengthen as most of their buys have come from average European leagues, Crystal Palace really lack quality and lost their standout player , Cardiff will probably emulate Reading being too good for the Championship but absolute dross in the PL.

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes 1m

Mmm, tricky prediction time. Hull, Palace down but Stoke or Sunderland to join them....

Expand

Not sure why everyone thinks they'll go down tbh.  As much as I'd love them to, I can't see it.

Probably because they have a poor squad and a ticking time bomb of a manager.

Guest WashyGeordie

Just depends on how soon the Di Canio implosion happens.

After their first defeat probably. He was going off it about a friendly ffs! :lol:

Or when we beat them 0-6 at the SoS... :shifty:

Just depends on how soon the Di Canio implosion happens.

After their first defeat probably. He was going off it about a friendly ffs! :lol:

Or when we beat them 0-6 at the SoS... :shifty:

on which was it just me or did I not here much about friendlies for them this summer? Can only remember that Asia tournement and the one where he went off on one. Seems odd

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes 1m

Mmm, tricky prediction time. Hull, Palace down but Stoke or Sunderland to join them....

Expand

Not sure why everyone thinks they'll go down tbh.  As much as I'd love them to, I can't see it.

Probably because they have a poor squad and a ticking time bomb of a manager.

Nah they've just signed 10 or 11 world class players and Di Canio is the new Capello.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...