The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

One of last nights NE news programmes (think it was ITV) said on their sports bulletin that "Sunderland had been by far the most successful NE team in the summer transfer market" leading into a story about Saha.

I'm not sure they have. Chances are that Keane has merely continued in last summers vein of reckless spending. I don't think any of their signings would have excited either Newcastle or Boro fans, in fact I think they smack of desperation and the salaries they are having to pay to get these average/squad players to move to Wearyside proves that.

The pick is probably Malbranque who was good at Fulham and ok at Spurs, but lets face it if he'd had realistic options he wouldn't have gone to Sunderland.

We'll see, but as normal with the mackems it could all end in tears.

So local broadcasters be careful before you use words like "successful" about Sundeland's transfer moves, it may just be that Keegan and Southgate's more patient, astute approach and Keegan's stated policy of only buying when players better than those he already has become available, may prove to be more SUCCESSFUL in the long run.

Hmmm

Sunderland have signed Malbranque, Diouf, and Chimbonda. Players that not a few posters have championed on these boards. [Not me. Well, maybe Diouf]  In any case, all three are proven Prem players. I'd say that it is pretty reasonable to assume that they have had a successful summer.

Who knows how well Gutierrez will do?  Or Bassong? Or Guthrie? And Coloccini isn't official.

Saying that they've done well is a fair assessment.

i've said it before and it's time to say it again.............

Can you hear them talking about us

Telling lies, is that a surprise

Can you see them, see right through them

They have no shield, nothing must be revealed

It doesn't matter what they say, no one listens anyway

Our lips are sealed

There's a weapon that we can use in our defense silence

Well just look at them, look right through them

That's when they disappear, that's when we lose the fear

It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play

Our lips are sealed

It doesn't matter what they say, no one's listening anyway

Our lips are sealed

Hush, my darling, don't you cry

Guardian angel, forget their lies

Can you hear them talking about us

Telling lies, well that's no surprise

Can you see them, see right through them

They have no shield, nothing must be revealed

It doesn't matter what they say in the jealous games people play

Our lips are sealed

Pay no mind to what they say, it doesn't matter anyway

Our lips are sealed

Our lips are sealed

Our lips are sealed

a mentions in the current private eye for NUFC.about the hypocritical handwringing about joey barton in the news of the screws  who still see fit to employ rob shepherd (as already pointed out by someone on here) after being sentenced to 14month for assault or even that rags editor rebekah wade who spent a night in the cells for beating up her hubby.

A civil war may not have broken out at Newcastle yet but a further row is brewing between Kevin Keegan and those in charge.

Keegan has been left so dispirited by the lack of transfer activity at St James’ Park this summer, a part of the club he now has minimal involvement in, that he believes a top 10 finish is probably beyond his team.

That will sit uncomfortably with Mike Ashley, who in his first in-depth interview since he took over, given to a club magazine, stated that he expected silverware and a push for the top four in the Premier League.

But the collision over Alan Smith’s future has further emphasised the cracks that are appearing in a relationship that only began in January.

Keegan does not want to lose Smith on the eve of the new campaign, a fact he publicly reiterated last Wednesday.

Ashley, however, would like to offload a player who has not scored a goal in a competitive game since he paid £6 million for him last summer.

Newcastle United will hold a behind closed doors friendly on Thursday in a desperate attempt to get Michael Owen fit for their opening league game with Manchester United next Sunday.

Owen has not kicked a ball all summer, but if he shows any form of fitness, Keegan will take the gamble and play him.

“We need a game in mid-week, possibly Thursday for Michael,” he said.

“Normally at the start of a season you wouldn’t want to risk any players, not Michael Owen or Alan Smith. If there is a doubt I will leave them out.”

“By mid-week we will know. It will be Michael or myself who will decide if he is fit enough to come into a Premier League game.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/2531523/Kevin-Keegan-braced-for-new-Newcaste-row---Football.html

Guest elbee909

"A civil war may not have broken out at Newcastle yet but a further row is brewing"

So a row hasn't happened, but a _further_ one might?  Duh.  :cheesy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/2531523/Kevin-Keegan-braced-for-new-Newcaste-row---Football.html

"Keegan has been left so dispirited by the lack of transfer activity at St James’ Park this summer, a part of the club he now has minimal involvement in, that he believes a top 10 finish is probably beyond his team.

That will sit uncomfortably with Mike Ashley, who in his first in-depth interview since he took over, given to a club magazine, stated that he expected silverware and a push for the top four in the Premier League.

But the collision over Alan Smith’s future has further emphasised the cracks that are appearing in a relationship that only began in January."

Not a word about the win against Valencia or the Coloccini signing.  I hate these fucking people. 

"Keegan has been left so dispirited by the lack of transfer activity at St James’ Park this summer, a part of the club he now has minimal involvement in, that he believes a top 10 finish is probably beyond his team.

But the collision over Alan Smith’s future has further emphasised the cracks that are appearing in a relationship that only began in January."

Not a word about the win against Valencia or the Coloccini signing.  I hate these f***ing people. 

As for the above...I read the interview and it does not state ANY of that.  Once again, anyone who believes the press about the above must be slightly simple.

Now, Chris Waddle is saying that Keegan could 'walk out' by Christmas.  What a load . . .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/09/newcastle-need-to-invest-100million-to-help-kevin-keegan-rebuild-the-side-115875-20690515/

He wasn't known as Judas for nothing.

And as for this little number by the press...I'm sure this interview is around 3 weeks old. 

Whats the matter Daily Mirror...the Ashley interview put the kiabosh on your rumour mill and speculation regarding everything else so that you have to rehash old interviews with ex players?

(from a makem I may add also...fuck all this Geordie lad bollocks with Waddle - he grew up in Sunderland and supported them as a kid).

Bonafide arseholes the lot of them.

Believes a top 10 finish is beyond the club.. (no current quote)

...taken from the interview after the Chelsea game, but not quoted as it would be too obvious.

I haven't bought a newspaper in years - it riles me up even reading excerpts on here.

I thought Keegan looked in great shape and extremely relaxed in post match interviews.

Probably happy that he HAS succeeded in bringing extra quality to his squad - just as he said he wanted to. Don't suppose the papers will be reporting that though.

Strange how the thug Keane who was allegedly throwing things at his own players last season and looks like he may well have wasted another shed load of money bringing in overpriced rejects (Spit the Dog etc) seems to get an easy ride from the newspapers.

Will that change soon ?