The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

More sticking in of the boot here from a chick with a dick probably ,at every opportunity and from every angle comes a hack with a axe to grind .

Newcastle leave Keegan in the dark over new signings

* Louise Taylor

* The Guardian,

* Monday August 11 2008

For a club boasting a state-of-the-art telephone system, numerous private meeting rooms and high-speed internal email there seems a peculiar lack of frank communication at Newcastle United.

Kevin Keegan may be the team's manager but he appears in the dark about certain important issues. Although Fabricio Coloccini watched this flattering 2-1 win over Valencia from the main stand and Mike Ashley, the club's owner, wore a replica shirt emblazoned with the Argentinian defender's name, Keegan appeared remarkably ill-informed about the progress of his £10m transfer from Deportivo La Coruña.

"There's nothing official," he said. "I can't tell you anything at the moment, I don't think. He was here, that's for sure. I like his haircut - it's like mine and Terry Mac's were in the 70s. I can't say any more than that at the moment."

Then there is Jonás Gutiérrez, an Argentinian winger who upset his former employers, Real Mallorca, by buying out his contract to join Newcastle. The La Liga club are appealing to Fifa for extra compensation and, while Gutiérrez is free to play in friendlies, Newcastle have yet to receive the registration papers from Mallorca that will enable him to play in the Premier League.

Asked if this issue would be resolved in time for Sunday's trip to Manchester United, Keegan merely said: "I don't know, I hope so."

There was less elaboration about Arthur Cox's sudden departure from the club. On returning to St James' Park in January one of Keegan's first acts was to hire his mentor to a backroom scouting role. Cox, though, is believed to have become disillusioned by the amount of power devolved to Dennis Wise, Newcastle's executive director (football).

"Arthur Cox?" said Keegan. "Yeah, he's left the club. That's it." Any explanation? "No. He's left the club."

Newcastle's manager does, for the moment, appear to have succeeded in preventing Alan Smith's proposed sale to Everton. While Ashley proved keen to see Smith's £60,000-a-week salary removed from the payroll and David Moyes, Everton's manager, was eager to sign the former Leeds and Manchester United forward, Keegan dug his heels in.

With Wise proving an ally and agreeing that Smith should stay, this is one battle the manager might just have won. "Alan Smith is a Newcastle player, no doubt about that," said Keegan, who had late goals from Damien Duff and James Milner to thank for Saturday's victory.

While Smith's versatility is important in a shallow squad his Newcastle career has so far lacked guile and goals and Keegan, who hopes for "two more" signings post Coloccini, admitted: "I definitely think there's a lot more to come from Alan. He knows that.

"Alan's a player who wants to be successful. He's got a lot of desire. If he didn't have any desire, I'd say 'you're wasting your time'. I've known lots of players turn themselves around, I know Alan will. Alan may not always be the best player on the pitch but no one tries harder."

Similarly no one is sure whether Michael Owen will be involved at Old Trafford. The England striker has not played a single pre-season game but should start a full-scale training ground practice match on Thursday. "It'll be Michael himself deciding whether he's fit enough," said Keegan. "Even then we may just decide it's not the right thing to do."

Emile Heskey has a thigh injury after limping out of Wigan's 2-0 win against Utrecht in Holland. The England striker lasted just 19 minutes of Wigan's final pre-season warm-up game yesterday before being substituted by Steve Bruce. But the Wigan manager insists that Heskey should be fit to face West Ham in the Premier League on Saturday.

Toon's hair apparent

Pressed for insight on his new signing Fabricio Coloccini, Kevin Keegan homed in on what really matters: his haircut, which recalls the bubble-permed monstrosities of Newcastle's past sported by such as Terry McDermott and Keegan himself. Indeed, the Newcastle manager was, in the late Seventies and early Eighties, the bubble-perm poster boy, with McDermott an eager copyist in playing spells at Liverpool and on Tyneside. Coloccini's arrival promises a new era of big-haired folly in a Premier League largely dulled by cropped orthodoxy since the departure of Abel Xavier.

subtext.....................keegan has got into the groove of not telling the press anything. GOOD!

Just to give it a positive spin;

We are big news and as the old adage goes: "any news is good news", we are kept in the public eye permanently because WE sell newspapers. WE keep those slimy turds in a job (social conscience), get on your knees and thank us for keeping you in a job Louise because if it wasn't for us you'd have nothing to write about (nobody is interested in Sunderland!).

I don't think any "real" fan holds any malice towards us, we're nothing like Leeds (hatred) and we were and I think still are a lot of people's second "interest" in footballing terms, this can only be a good thing, raises our profile and anyone with half a brain must be able to see through the 90% bullshitt written about us.

True.

To most people there is only one significant football club north of Manchester, so if the Gaurdian need to employ a north east correspondent then she will have to write, in the main, about us.

The fact she has a huge chip on her shoulder about Newcastle - like many Wearysiders, do make her ramblings a little bit biased.

Back on thread, I still would prefer to be in the news with their speculation and gossip than be one of the teams that never gets mentioned... Roy does your lot still exist?

I quite like the thought that everyone is talking about us and is interested in the next episode of the Newcastle saga, funk the lot of 'em and enjoy our "champions league" positioning on the back pages.

Do we ever hear about Villa, Everton, SUNDERLAND? NO, they are not interesting to anyone apart from their own following!!

I love it! I like ashley's style aswell... Are the press so funking thick that they can't interpret the owner having a shirt with colos name on it a a signal that "it's done but we're just waiting on the pàperwork"? Would Ashley do that if it wasn't 99.9% certain?

Give the man credit... he's bypassed the press totally and sent us out a message in the way he see fit!

Cool as a cucumber if you ask me. The fat boy has sung..bring it on!!

The last few months (well, since KK's return) have removed any doubt for me that there is indeed an agenda in the press, with regards to this football club. I'd say we get more column inches devoted to our 'little club' than the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. Only the Mancs get more attention.

Many journo's survived on the Shepherd soap-opera regime, where there would be a new story every week - be it Director's behaving disgracefully, players, etc. Now the club has imposed some akin to a media blackout, these same press men have resorted to presenting rumour and speculation as fact, which again feeds the myth surrounding the club. It will only change or lessen if and when the club starts to becoming successful again. Even then I wouldn't bet on it......

Big Geordie, I think as well as your comments there is a large dislike of Ashley in the financial circles in our country who also have a lot of clout and who "own" newspapers, anything to have a pop at him seems fair game to them...

Like you say we won't see change until we're winning, but we WILL beat them and even if we don't we will still have our dignity and pride, which is a lot more than they can boast! (...am I Churchill in disguise?)

God waking up yesterday too Martin Samuel on Sunday Supplement.

What a bloated thick cockney t***, all four of them licking Ferguson's arse as well! Nearly made me bring up my brekkie.

That other t*** with the arrogant look on his face can't recall his name? 5 minutes I nearly hoyed my cuppa at the TV

Guest Guinness

I find it strange that with all the stuff going on with Man City at the moment the media still find time write so much shite about us.

As well as Louise Taylor at the Guardian, there's Barry Glendinning - the online sport deputy editor - who is an arse of the highest order.

I recently emailed the sports editor to complain about the openly biased article written by Louise Taylor, and was then subjected to an

afternoon of Glendinning emailing me back to make 'jokes' about NUFC.

He ended it by asking me to name any 'untruths' that LT was responsible for. But he ignored my question about the wisdom of employing

a Sunderland fan as a correspondent of North East football. I was too busy at work to dig through the amount of spin and shite that LT is

responsible for. But needless to say, he seemed to not give a fuck how Toon fans are pissed off with this.

He claimed that the Guardian has no special axe to grind when it comes to The Mags, it would be 'like kicking a blind man's stick'. His words.

I suggest everyone on here sends an email to the gobshite about today's article and then we can combine replies to make a compendium

of the wisdom of Glendinning.

Glendinning is a mackem, I have heard.

There's a better way to approach the Guardian than by emailing that clown. The Guardian have a "readers' editor", a sort of ombudsman character:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/page/readerseditor

It's maybe worth assembling a dossier of clearly biased stories and unjustifiably negative presentation. Today's story is a good example, as it goes. Keegan "appearing" to know nothing about transfers becomes "fact" in the headline -- club leaves KK "in the dark". We'd need a few of these to make a case, but it would be easy to do because they really are biased. If Glendinning is emailing back insults, this too would help make a case, providing the emails to him didn't set the tone or sink to the same level.

It would need quite a few really good examples to make the case, and the case would need to be made quite carefully, but I'm willing to bet it would get investigated, causing Glendinning etc some trouble internally, if it was done properly.

I think the question we all want to ask is does anyone have any pieces of wood we can turn into flaming torches?

I could stick some hay on the pitchforks and set fire to it.

Aye, that should do. Always thing TGG, I like it :thup:

It's good that we have intelligent people running the club. They know when to speak, when not to, and they know that they don't need to pander to the media and let the mediots dictate what actions the club should take. They've stood their ground on many issues now: keeping their silence regarding all the managerial speculation, keeping Barton, supporting KK.. this is the way things should be.

Although I hear Parky's argument in that, in the end, we will need the help of the media to help create a brand, but, for now, we're not even near that stage and I'd rather that we stick to our guns. The average joe will realise, sooner or later, that the press are printing shit and that'll be when they cave in and write objective stuff.

Even Marca are getting in on the act. :lol:

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/internacional/es/desarrollo/1155094.html

After giving a run down of the main title challengers and saying Spurs would push Arsenal for 4th....

A spectacular Premier League, very open and with other interesting sides like Paul Ince's Blackburn, the dependable Everton of Moyes, the attractive Villa of O'Neill and Cuellar, the ambitious project of Mark Hughes's Manchester City, and the forever crazy world of Newcastle with Keegan and Owen.

:lol: