Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Guinness

I'm getting sick of all this speculation now, there's new names tipped every day. I just wish the board had thought about this before sacking Allardyce, whoever the new man is needs to strengthen the squad, with time running out they need to decide who they want and go out and get him.

Alan Oliver, today in the Chronicle:

Meanwhile, I was contacted by the Deschamps camp by Jamie Ladjemi, a leading agent in French football, who were keen to put the claims of their man who captained France to victory in the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000, as well as leading Monaco to its first Champions League final as coach in 2004.

Ladjemi told me today: "I have spoken to Chris Mort about Didier, but he has not come back to me."

Deschamps turned down the chance to manage Manchester City before Sven-Goran Eriksson because there was no suitable French school for his son in the North West.

I believe that that is where we are with all of this manager stuff. We've had brief conversations with reps of each candidate, and now we're mulling it over. before approaching who we want.

That would really confirm for me that he is interested in the job or their would be absolutely no reason for them to "come back to me".

by the way his agent (ladjemi) lived in newcastle for ages so theres a good chance he has been talkin us up to deschamps.

Really?

How do you know this?

and what school did his kids go to?

his son sam went to dame allans

Read about this on my WAP this morning.

There's a new favourite everyday, and i doubt Deschamps will get it.

There were a few quotes from Mort about Deschamps aswell and he was his usual negative self.

There were a few quotes from Mort about Deschamps aswell and he was his usual negative self.

Who is going to get it though? Shearer has been ruled out, Houllier has been ruled out, there isn't many candidates.

Guest Christian Hayne

Mark Hughes and Keegan seem to be the only ones left in contention and i'm not sure that i want either of those 2 in charge.

Who is going to get it though? Shearer has been ruled out, Houllier has been ruled out, there isn't many candidates.

Mourinho ? :lol:

How long did it take Fulham, Bolton, chelsea etc etc sign a manager after they sacked there managers? I dont recall hearing much about their search for a manager, the press have gone over board on us imo. Everyday we have a few new names thrown into the hat.

Guest Christian Hayne

Mark Hughes and Keegan seem to be the only ones left in contention and i'm not sure that i want either of those 2 in charge.

Based on what?

based on what Mort has said; Houllier, Redknapp, and shearer being ruled out, theres not many names left to choose from.

Based on what?

based on what Mort has said; Houllier, Redknapp, and shearer being ruled out, theres not many names left to choose from.

Erm, you have read the thread title haven't you??

Guest Christian Hayne

Based on what?

:lol: yeah .. this was reported last night, which said he has already had talks and was going to be our manager, today we find out no contact has been made, just another rumour to fill the tabloids.

So whats the craic then? Am i dreaming or is newcastle untied actually looking for a suitable cadidate rather than the first person to walk past the stadium?

Fatih Terim, Deschamsp, Houllier, Hughes, Keegan, Camacho, these are all suitable candidates in my eyes, (apart from Keegan), whoever we go for id actually be content for once if they failed becasue these are all intelligent appointments who cant be faulted really.

Out the lot id prefer Deschamps to be honest, my only concern is that we are approaching alot of cnadidates, surely the ego of some of these managers arent gonna allow them to sit and wait on the job..

Well going on that logic, there hasn't been contact with Hughes either and there has been no confirmed contact with Keegan.

So whats the craic then? Am i dreaming or is newcastle untied actually looking for a suitable cadidate rather than the first person to walk past the stadium?

Fatih Terim, Deschamsp, Houllier, Hughes, Keegan, Camacho, these are all suitable candidates in my eyes, (apart from Keegan), whoever we go for id actually be content for once if they failed becasue these are all intelligent appointments who cant be faulted really.

Out the lot id prefer Deschamps to be honest, my only concern is that we are approaching alot of cnadidates, surely the ego of some of these managers arent gonna allow them to sit and wait on the job..

R.E: Egos

It could have the opposite affect and and make those with the big ego's realise it is a big club and wants a big manager. I'd understand if you were talking about Mourinho or Lippi but not so much with Deschamps etc

Based on what?

:lol: yeah .. this was reported last night, which said he has already had talks and was going to be our manager, today we find out no contact has been made, just another rumour to fill the tabloids.

But Mark Hughes and Keegan aren't just rumours to fill the tabloids?  :idiot2:  Get a grip man..

I haven't read them, enlighten me.

" We are currently not a Champions League team, and in six seasons out of the last ten, we have finished in the bottom half of the Premier Lague. That means we are not necessarily going to interest a manger already at a team playing Champions League football. "

" We are currently not a Champions League team, and in six seasons out of the last ten, we have finished in the bottom half of the Premier Lague. That means we are not necessarily going to interest a manger already at a team playing Champions League football. "

Deschamps isn't even in work at the moment so not likely to refer to him...

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Mourinho ? :lol:

mcClaren

Deschamps isn't even in work at the moment so not likely to refer to him...

Well it was in the same article