Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didier Deschamps quit as coach of AS Monaco 16 months after leading the team to the final of Europe's elite Champions League.

Deschamps resigned after the club slipped to 15th in the 20-team French first division standings. Monaco lost, 2-0, at home to Rennes on Sunday, its fourth loss in seven matches.

omg.

Oh...

Didier Deschamps quit as coach of AS Monaco 16 months after leading the team to the final of Europe's elite Champions League.

Deschamps resigned after the club slipped to 15th in the 20-team French first division standings. Monaco lost, 2-0, at home to Rennes on Sunday, its fourth loss in seven matches.

omg.

(1) He lost  Morientes,  Giuly,  Rothen, Rodriguez, and Prso that summer.

(2) The club bought no new players.

(3)  He resigned.

omg.

After they sold his best players and didn't give him the finances to bring anyone else in. The dude was out of there.

omg.

Oh...

Would it be fair to say he redeemed himself in another league? I think it would...

Looking at the posts above, info that i wasn't aware of, sounds like he had little to 'redeem' himself of. He was inexperienced, and if they had a shite squad then it's understandable that he might not have had the nous at the time to get himself out of it. Sounds like he knows how to use quality players efficiently, though. I still think we've got some mis-managed quality players here.

omg.

Oh...

Would it be fair to say he redeemed himself in another league? I think it would...

Serie B with a better team than we've got now.

It would be like Man City winning the Championship with -9 points.

Deschamps is now 14/5 on betfair. Shortest odds they have had on anyone yet

no its not anyone who can use b/f will be able to show that harry went for 1.18

DD has went for best price 2.25

in other words what you say is a total lie,

dd would be a waste of time, will not get the job not even close im laying to the hills

Star tommorow has a piece on Deschamps, as does Telegraph.

Another paper (maybe the Express) has a piece on Houllier and Keegan.

"DIDIER EYES TOON JOB.....AND KEELEYS TITS!!!" will be the headline there then!

:lol:

Deschamps is now 14/5 on betfair. Shortest odds they have had on anyone yet

no its not anyone who can use b/f will be able to show that harry went for 1.18 big al for 2.46 Houllier for 2.26

DD has went for best price 2.52

in other words what you say is a total lie,

dd would be a waste of time, will not get the job not even close im laying to the hills

Didi's Juve squad...

1  GK Gianluigi Buffon 

12  GK Antonio Mirante 

22  GK Emanuele Belardi 

2  DF Alessandro Birindelli

3  DF Giorgio Chiellini 

4  DF Robert Kovač

13  DF Felice Piccolo 

14  DF Federico Balzaretti 

18  DF Jean-Alain Boumsong 

27  DF Jonathan Zebina 

30  DF Nicola Legrottaglie 

6  MF Cristiano Zanetti 

8  MF Giuliano Giannichedda

11  MF Pavel Nedvěd 

15  MF Claudio Marchisio 

16  MF Mauro Camoranesi 

19  MF Matteo Paro

29  MF Paolo De Ceglie 

32  MF Marco Marchionni

40  MF Dario Venitucci 

42  MF Raffaele Bianco

43  MF Sebastian Giovinco 

9  FW Valeri Bojinov

10  FW Alessandro Del Piero

17  FW David Trézéguet

20  FW Raffaele Palladino

25  FW Marcelo Zalayeta

44  FW Davide Lanzafame

Still pretty good like, Trezgeut, Del Piero and Bojinov got 40 goals between the 3 of them.

Guest torontoon

The only thing Deschamps has on his coaching cv is a Serie B championship - I think we need something better than this.

Apologies if this had already been posted, but I found it interesting.  From Dec 31 2007 in which Didier says he wants to manage in the Premiership next.

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=531637

Also, Deschamps odds on favourite for manager!  Of Republic of Ireland.....

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysingreen/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=30606

The only thing Deschamps has on his coaching cv is a Serie B championship - I think we need something better than this.

Getting an unfancied French side to the CL final and losing to arguably the best manager in the world good enough?

Is it? I'd hate to think we were hiring a manager off one excellent cup run.

Group stage

PSV 1–2 Monaco

Monaco 4–0 AEK Athens

Deportivo 1–0 Monaco

Monaco 8–3 Deportivo

Monaco 1–1 PSV

AEK Athens 0–0 Monaco

Knockout stage

Lokomotiv Moscow 2-1 Monaco

Monaco 1-0 Lokomotiv Moscow

Quarter-finals

Real Madrid 4-2 Monaco

Monaco 3-1 Real Madrid

Semi-finals

Monaco 3-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-2 Monaco

Final

Monaco 0-3 Porto

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Great achievement but is all the hype really coming because of that? He jumped ship when Monaco were 15th after being there 16 months and took an excellent Juventus squad with plenty of top players out of Serie B, he left them after falling out over transfers or something.

Like I've said, I'm not knocking the bloke because I don't know that much about him, I'm guessing some on here who are jumping on the bandwagon don't know that much about him either, I'm approaching his appointment with an open mind but I'd like someone to tell me what is so good about him.