Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ahhhhh how I look forward to waking up and turning SSN on tomorrow to see Craigy stood outside SJP in the piss rain regurgitating these articles.

Then we'll get a little snippet from Anal, who will again change his story, probably claim to have spoken to representatives of Deschamps and make up a farcical story that it involves Shearer too.

Who knows, if we're lucky we might even get an "interview" with Deschamps (a camera stuck in his face at Newcastle airport).

It's so predictable.

No 'official' approach. Bet there's been an unofficial one though ;)

Seen a couple of rumours that Mort and Ashley weren't happy about the whole Redknapp thing coming out as it did, so maybe they're playing it much tighter this time.

ahhhhh how I look forward to waking up and turning SSN on tomorrow to see Craigy stood outside SJP in the piss rain regurgitating these articles.

...ALL DAY with some 'incoming news' just after this break.................oh did we say this break, we meant in 2 breaks time......or was it 4? well, nevermind because we have some BREAKING NEWS!!!! YES, LOOK HOW OUR YELLOW TICKER MOCKS YOU WITH URGENT NEWS OF bob moncurs special interview about his geordie links with cheryl tweedy....  :-[

...ALL DAY with some 'incoming news' just after this break.................oh did we say this break, we meant in 2 breaks time......or was it 4? well, nevermind because we have some BREAKING NEWS!!!! YES, LOOK HOW OUR YELLOW TICKER MOCKS YOU WITH URGENT NEWS OF bob moncurs special interview about his geordie links with cheryl tweedy....  :-[

:lol:

It seems clear Deschamps is being intentionally coy here.  I'm not even sure I know the difference between an official and an unofficial approach in this case.  The bigger issue here is that he is an exciting young candidate who meets all the listed requirements from Mort, has taken an unfancied club to the CL final, and most importantly, would find us "an exciting challenge".

Very promising.

I'm pretty surprised at the poll results, like. Seems as though a lot of people want him.

Never :lol:

have to say im pretty surprised as well tbh.

i reckon, out of those meantioned relaistically, there is more support for deschamps than anyone else

I'm pretty surprised at the poll results, like. Seems as though a lot of people want him.

i reckon, out of those meantioned relaistically, there is more support for deschamps than anyone else

I wonder if the votes would be different if one wasn't more linked than the other, people could have voted on the fact Deschamps is much more likely to come.

I wonder if the votes would be different if one wasn't more linked than the other, people could have voted on the fact Deschamps is much more likely to come.

i think harry, hughes, shearere, keegan and houllier were just as heavily linked tbh

Guest kinaldo

Some French football correspondent (Xavier something or other -  he's been on Talksport with Gabriel Marcotti in the past) was on an Irish radio station (Newstalk) this evening saying he had been in contact with Deschamps' agent and was told the Newcastle lead is way off, but that the Ireland job is a possibility.

Deschamps is starting to sound too good to be true.

Also, he's a bit of an unknown quality. I think many of us remember the Monaco run in the CL and the exciting games they played.

Here's hoping....

Id like to see the voting with "unsure" not being an option. This is the one candidaate who hasnt really been srutized much. Its a win win situation to be honestin my eyes, if he comes and implements success we're onto a winner with no limit, if he fails, the board cant be scrutinized for making what looks like a very ambitious appointment.

Some French football correspondent (Xavier something or other -  he's been on Talksport with Gabriel Marcotti in the past) was on an Irish radio station (Newstalk) this evening saying he had been in contact with Deschamps' agent and was told the Newcastle lead is way off, but that the Ireland job is a possibility.

was nice while it lasted.

Keegan's still on then!

What about his quotes though?