Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

It's going to be Godlike having Kevin Keegan in the studio ahead of the match tomorrow  :smitten:

When Mike Ashley gets the fuck out of Newcastle United, I would love to have Keegan back under any proper owner(s).

That video above is really worth a watch, such a brilliant person is Keegan. Easy to forget just how capable and intelligent he is.

He's also failed at every Club he's been at (And England). He holds the world record for ejecting objects out of a pram also. Exciting stuff without a doubt. Should NEVER have came back the second time. I get a strong strong feeling he financially up s*** creek when Ashley came knocking.

How did he fail here? Whats classed as failing?

1st 3rd 6th 2nd 2nd  :lol:

A championship trophy. And?

That video above is really worth a watch, such a brilliant person is Keegan. Easy to forget just how capable and intelligent he is.

He's also failed at every Club he's been at (And England). He holds the world record for ejecting objects out of a pram also. Exciting stuff without a doubt. Should NEVER have came back the second time. I get a strong strong feeling he financially up s*** creek when Ashley came knocking.

the best football we've ever seen. highest win %, runners up spot. return of european football and capacity crowds.

Were you there just before Keegan under Ardiles and Smith?

The only time Keegan has failed was with England.

Like just about every other England Manager tbh. For me he recognised the players just arn't good enogh or dont care enough, but did the honourable thing and fell on his own sword- took the blame himself- for the useless fuckers. Hes like that you see.

the best football we've ever seen. highest win %, runners up spot. return of european football and capacity crowds.

Were you there just before Keegan under Ardiles and Smith?

The biggest mistake this club made was not breaking the bank for Bobby Robson when Keegan eventually got the lip on for the final time. I knew Keegan was a busted flush when Fergie got him doing that 'explosion' after the Leeds gane when he'd let the 12 point lead go.

And I was there long before the two you mention.

Guest bimpy474

I rather admire a man who admits he isn't good enough for a job (KK and England), rather than someone who would hang on and hang on and never resign. See his team relegated rather than admit his failing etc.

Like just about every other England Manager tbh. For me he recognised the players just arn't good enogh or dont care enough, but did the honourable thing and fell on his own sword- took the blame himself- for the useless f***ers. Hes like that you see.

I didn't say it was his fault, I said he failed.

How can a newcastle fan even mention that 12 point thing as if it was legitimately 12 points? It was 9 points with them having a game in hand, we won our match first so it was 12 points with them having two games in hand. It's normal media exaggeration to say it was 12 points.

Like just about every other England Manager tbh. For me he recognised the players just arn't good enogh or dont care enough, but did the honourable thing and fell on his own sword- took the blame himself- for the useless f***ers. Hes like that you see.

I didn't say it was his fault, I said he failed.

I wasnt disagreeing with you- just adding my thoughts on it. :thup:

I wasnt disagreeing with you- just adding my thoughts on it. :thup:

It might be daft but I'd have him back here any time.

Yeah if funded it would be something like. We can dream, ther would be no arguments about negative tactics :lol:

Keegan's ability was always getting players to run through walls for him and feel 10 feet tall. He spent money, but he doesn't need money. Any group of players would benefit from having Keegan in the dressing room to rouse them and get them playing with confidence, pride and verve.

He didn't fail at Fulham tbf.

Or Man City.

(NSIS :/)

Guest bimpy474

He didn't fail at Fulham tbf.

Or Man City.

(NSIS :/)

I was hoping for a reply of "ok not Fulham"

Then i could have said "or Man City" "or Newcastle" etc. Gunt didn't bite though :lol:

Keegan's ability was always getting players to run through walls for him and feel 10 feet tall. He spent money, but he doesn't need money. Any group of players would benefit from having Keegan in the dressing room to rouse them and get them playing with confidence, pride and verve.

:lol:

Guest Bert Shaft

What a Crumpy Owld Gunt. Perhaps some people like him enjoyed the Bill MacGarry era more.

Never mind eh! :D

I knaa you loved him really

His first tenure gave me the best years of my sport spectator life.  I want enthusiasm and entertainment from a football club.  I am surrounded by enough miserable cunts in my daily life that I would like football to be a proper escape.  Keegan did that in spades, whereas the current cunt in charge is about as optimistic as a man employed to throw plague victims in a trench.  Pardew is pall-incarnate and it saddens me to be reminded of the sheer joy that Keegan brought to the club. 

Keegan was a very under-rated coach because he believed in attacking football, but at club level he just isn't the sort to work under the DOF system a lot of clubs are moving towards these days. No doubt in my mind, he'd have this side challenging for a top 6 space, but he'd be a nightmare for Ashley to work with as we've seen already.