Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Kevin Keegan, very discreetly, giving Mike Ashley the stick in studio  :smitten:

What did he say?

Well, the studio show starts one hour before the game. They started of by showing a very nice video of Keegan's time as  manager, of course focusing on the NUFC time during the 90s, with lots of great memories, and comments from the fans. Then, when asked about his time there he said "Well, I only see it as being manager there one time, as the second time was just shambles." Elaborating that most managers would find it hard working under the current setup and owner, and that it was impossible for him to stay when "the guys" upstairs interfered with the starting line-up,  and signing players without him having a word in it. Then he said the fans, and forums out there, where quite knowledgeable about the situation in Newcastle, and he called it a shamble.

He did say a lot more than that as well..

At half time he did say that Mbiwa had to be subbed, and he could not understand how Cabaye did not start the game... 

Kevin Keegan, very discreetly, giving Mike Ashley the stick in studio  :smitten:

What did he say?

Well, the studio show starts one hour before the game. They started of by showing a very nice video of Keegan's time as  manager, of course focusing on the NUFC time during the 90s, with lots of great memories, and comments from the fans. Then, when asked about his time there he said "Well, I only see it as being manager there one time, as the second time was just shambles." Elaborating that most managers would find it hard working under the current setup and owner, and that it was impossible for him to stay when "the guys" upstairs interfered with the starting line-up,  and signing players without him having a word in it. Then he said the fans, and forums out there, where quite knowledgeable about the situation in Newcastle, and he called it a shamble.

At half time he did say that Mbiwa had to be subbed, and he could not understand how Cabaye did not start the game... 

Interesting.

Never knew about the starting XI being interfered with?

Glad to see he reads the forums - Hi Kev :morph: Legend!

What did he say?

Interesting.

Never knew about the starting XI being interfered with?

Glad to see he reads the forums - Hi Kev :morph: Legend!

Just trying to quote Kevin's main point. He talks so much, it's super! I'll sum it up in "bullet-points":

Cabaye IS the best player in the squad. Absolutely shocked Pardew did not play him.

Think Mbiwa needs to be bench.

Fair play to Pardew for making the subs and saying whatever he said at HT to make them do better

(Very discreetly) questions the players will to play under Pardew

Newcastle is  unfortunately a selling club, so the best players will leave. Thinks Cabaye might go to Arsenal to link up with Özil.

Still talking... will update  :aww:

- Pardew on an 8 yr contract.... good luck to him.  :lol: " You know, I've worked with these people, and it's probably a 2-3 year contract with a clause to break out".

- Won't go down.

- Newcastle fans are sensible, and knows they're not gonna win the league. Mid-table should be achievable, but can't afford to loose points to the likes of Hull.

• 1 month later...

I was watching the 92-93 review the other day on a popular video site (Part 7)

The way in which Keegan had the crowd of probably 50/60kpeople eating out of his hand at the civic centre was amazing. The way he talked about the fans and the club 20 years ago literally hasn't changed.

Watching that video of thousands and thousands of people celebrating a division 2 victory just makes me think how fantastic it would be to actually win something. Something these monkeys in charge of the club will never undersatand - but KK does.

Fuck I wish he had a role at the club

The way in which Keegan had the crowd of probably 50/60kpeople eating out of his hand at the civic centre was amazing. The way he talked about the fans and the club 20 years ago literally hasn't changed.

Watching that video of thousands and thousands of people celebrating a division 2 victory just makes me think how fantastic it would be to actually win something. Something these monkeys in charge of the club will never undersatand - but KK does.

f*** I wish he had a role at the club

I had to delay a holiday by 2 weeks so that I could go to the Civic Centre, I lost half of what most would class as a holiday of a lifetime and it was worth it.

That season and that night was a 1 off and those too young to have appreciated it have really missed out.  I'll always have a soft spot for Keegan because what he did here as player and manager, he was almost matched by Sir Bobby but not quite. 

Key thing there dont blame Pardew

No manager - apart from the odd one - slates another for the job they are doing and KK is the last guy who would do that but if you read between the lines he does have some reservations about Pardew's team selections etc even though he wouldn't actually say so.

He would be a 1000% improvement on Pardew - even at his age now.

f*** I wish he had a role at the club

I had to delay a holiday by 2 weeks so that I could go to the Civic Centre, I lost half of what most would class as a holiday of a lifetime and it was worth it.

That season and that night was a 1 off and those too young to have appreciated it have really missed out.  I'll always have a soft spot for Keegan because what he did here as player and manager, he was almost matched by Sir Bobby but not quite. 

That was a hell of a night tbf, I remember us marching alongside the bus down the North Road and being shocked by the sheer numbers outside the Civic Centre, people in trees and clinging onto lamp-posts, just waiting for his words, we had to clamber onto a wall. Clarkie in his silly wigs :lol: I swear he had a green one on before that. It was very shouty-dancy-jumpy-up-and-downy.

Twenty fucking years :facepalm:

That was a hell of a night tbf, I remember us marching alongside the bus down the North Road and being shocked by the sheer numbers outside the Civic Centre, people in trees and clinging onto lamp-posts, just waiting for his words, we had to clamber onto a wall. Clarkie in his silly wigs :lol: I swear he had a green one on before that. It was very shouty-dancy-jumpy-up-and-downy.

Twenty f***ing years :facepalm:

I was half way between the Civic Centre and St Thomas Church and I could see people climbing up drain pipes and onto the roofs of buildings at St Mary's Place.  I felt uneasy just watching them and like you say, people were up the trees, lamp-posts, bus stops and on top of that statue or whatever it is next to the Church.

• 2 months later...

Happy Birthday King Kev :-)

The best thing by far to happen to us for decades! It's a crying shame that there isn't a role of some sort for him still here! I'd have him over Pardew any day! He'd be perfect for a DOF role if he's done with life as a manager! Hopefully that'll happen when the fat pig clears off!