Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Happy Birthday King Kev :-)

The best thing by far to happen to us for decades! It's a crying shame that there isn't a role of some sort for him still here! I'd have him over Pardew any day! He'd be perfect for a DOF role if he's done with life as a manager! Hopefully that'll happen when the fat pig clears off!

Never underestimate the fat pig's ability to deliver a kick to the bollocks. The fat pig is likely to include a clause in the buyer/s contract to ensure that doesn't happen ie. a return of Keegan in a DOF style position. He's the sort of arsehole who would shave a million off a his asking price, in exchange for a guarantee like that. Still remember the lengths Mike Ashley went to, in order to shut down Whelan's health club venture - pure spite that was.

Some of what I have said is in jest. However I don't underestimate this bastard's tendency to hulk around with an axe to grind.

Boardroom politics wore Keegan down on two occasions. Why would he be a willing participant in a system which he railed against.

Cant see KK ever coing back and working with nutters like Ashley or the nutter from Cradiff.

I think KK would only come back if the peple buying the club (if that ever happens) are honest and up front people or have a vision of the club that KK agrees with and can work with.

Cant see it happening.

If he was going to get the right backing (ie not having Ashley as his boss) I don't think I'd take anyone ahead of Keegan. As it stands though it makes little difference who our manager is. It would be nice to have one who can handle the pressure of the derby but ultimately our ambitions would still be the same :(

Guest alijmitchell

Keegan is, and always will be, a lovely lovely bloke.

I'd have him back any time.

Best thing to ever happen to NUFC.

Man, it would be a terrible idea in many many respects, but also so exciting. That was exactly how I felt when he returned under Ashley, and having seen our progression since, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

We would only need a couple of seasons from him as manager to set the tone going forward, then he can move upstairs and select the new manager.  From their KK can direct how the club plays its football, player selection and club set up.  Would massivley depend on which nutcase bought the club.

The way this man speaks about football and the way he talked about Newcastle (the fans, the club not being Ashley etc) can make anybody dream again. Men like him and Sir Bobby Robson are what football is and will be all about.