Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

One thing's for sure, as good as some make our squad out to be Keegan would absolutely dismantle it if given free rein, and rightfully so.

Jonas would go, I think he could make a decent team out of the others.

Is it just me who thinks that there's a lot of similarities between the Klopp of now and of Keegan in his first spell with us as managers? Both charismatic as f***, idealists who believe that above all else the game should be played and run in a certain way.

I'd agree with that, both prioritise the style of play over anything, both likeable and idealistic. 

But only one of them has won two national league titles, a national cup and got to the Champions League final.

Klopp's teams do play fantastic football (the most entertaining top level side on the planet IMO) but his methods are more tactical and considered than Keegan's were in his first stint here and that's probably the main reason why he's won a fair bit already.

One thing's for sure, as good as some make our squad out to be Keegan would absolutely dismantle it if given free rein, and rightfully so.

Jonas would go, I think he could make a decent team out of the others.

Without question.

Keegan as DOF wouldn't work IMO, too many people would want him to be head coach. That would be understandable as I think Keegan is a coach more than anything, I'd rather have him on the training ground than flying around Europe meeting with agents.

I think Keegan would also want to be Head Coach. Look what happened with Wilkins at Fulham. Not that that would be a bad thing mind I'd have him back now.

Didn't know he had a '10 year deal' with John Hall. Really interesting interview (Management info from 18:00 onwards) Stupid title though :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TglyUllVt3E

Great vid that, but it saddens me that we once had a hero and now we've got absolute zeros at the club.

His voice trembled when asked his favourite moment and talking about his England appearance. His passion is all-consuming and he's given me certainly a taste of something I don't think I'll ever experience again as a fan.

Guest Bert Shaft

Just watched a program called 60 Minutes with Kevin Keegan on Liverpool FC TV (I know, I know! :D)

Anyway, at the end of the program he was asked how much of his heart was with Liverpool and he said, "It's Newcastle and Liverpool for me" Was

fully expecting him to call it the other way round on Bin Dipper TV but he didn't.

The man cements his legendary status even more in my eyes.

Just sayin' like!  *sniffles*  :snod:

His passion is just class & he comes across as really personable. Has achieved loads in his careers, yet seems really laid back and modest when he talks.

Could you get more opposite to Kinnear  :lol: Ability speaks for itself. Seems Kinnear tries to cover up the silence with his mouth. Its insecurity that causes his outbursts.

• 2 months later...

That video above is really worth a watch, such a brilliant person is Keegan. Easy to forget just how capable and intelligent he is.

He's also failed at every Club he's been at (And England). He holds the world record for ejecting objects out of a pram also. Exciting stuff without a doubt. Should NEVER have came back the second time. I get a strong strong feeling he financially up shit creek when Ashley came knocking.

Guest bimpy474

That video above is really worth a watch, such a brilliant person is Keegan. Easy to forget just how capable and intelligent he is.

He's also failed at every Club he's been at (And England). He holds the world record for ejecting objects out of a pram also. Exciting stuff without a doubt. Should NEVER have came back the second time. I get a strong strong feeling he financially up shit creek when Ashley came knocking.

He didn't fail at Fulham tbf.

what a crock of shite.

He's also failed at every Club he's been at (And England). He holds the world record for ejecting objects out of a pram also. Exciting stuff without a doubt. Should NEVER have came back the second time. I get a strong strong feeling he financially up s*** creek when Ashley came knocking.

How did he fail here? Whats classed as failing?

He's also failed at every Club he's been at (And England). He holds the world record for ejecting objects out of a pram also. Exciting stuff without a doubt. Should NEVER have came back the second time. I get a strong strong feeling he financially up s*** creek when Ashley came knocking.

How did he fail here? Whats classed as failing?

1st 3rd 6th 2nd 2nd  :lol: