Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Will give this a read later but i couldn't give a fuck on shearers view,He has gone down massively imo just watching the club burn down

I would imagine that his commitments with thee BBC and PL, have stopped him from speaking out more. Remember - Ashley isn't afraid to bar those ex players who speak out - ask Steve Howey who confirmed his 'ban' on Total Sport, the other week.

Ashley would love to bar Shearer from the  ground as well.

Will give this a read later but i couldn't give a fuck on shearers view,He has gone down massively imo just watching the club burn down

I would imagine that his commitments with thee BBC and PL, have stopped him from speaking out more. Remember - Ashley isn't afraid to bar those ex players who speak out - ask Steve Howey who confirmed his 'ban' on Total Sport, the other week.

Ashley would love to bar Shearer from the  ground as well.

Mates with Bruce the worst manager in my nufc supporting days

Love Kevin so much, an absolutely wonderful person. We’ve been lucky to have authentic wonderful people who’ve managed our club: Keegan, Bobby, Hughton, Rafa. Forget about the football, just brilliant people

I think Roeder deserves a place in that list. Not the best manager, but a decent bloke all the same.

Wish I'd been around to have appreciated him in the 90s. Obviously watched all the videos and he's my dad's hero still

Quite simply, the buzz created by the club...or rather what KK did for the club....made Newcastle the best city in the country from 1992 to 1997. It was just a fantastic time to be in your early 20s...going to the matches, watching NUFC be the club that they should always be and then out on the town for class nights out on the lash (anothing thing about the city that has drastically gone downhill since those halcyon days).

Kevin Keegan is THE reason why NUFC still gets big headlines. The buzz and media frenzy he created for the club still refuses to go away simply because of how potent it was back then.

Wish I'd been around to have appreciated him in the 90s. Obviously watched all the videos and he's my dad's hero still

Quite simply, the buzz created by the club...or rather what KK did for the club....made Newcastle the best city in the country from 1992 to 1997. It was just a fantastic time to be in your early 20s...going to the matches, watching NUFC be the club that they should always be and then out on the town for class nights out on the lash (anothing thing about the city that has drastically gone downhill since those halcyon days).

Kevin Keegan is THE reason why NUFC still gets big headlines. The buzz and media frenzy he created for the club still refuses to go away simply because of how potent it was back then.

Great post!

Watching NUFC be the club that they should always be... Kevin Keegan made it possible.

Also...no HTT in this thread, today, has me worried about him :undecided:

He's quit the forum.

s***! Didn't know :sad:

Blame thomas[/member]

[emoji38]

Just caught up on it. Looks like a silly quarrel over pretty much nothing. He'll be back :thup: Looked like a nice roast, though :drool:

Missed that, where was the quarrel?, as HTT seemed never to have a bad word to say (not that I'm taking sides as don't know what the argument was about or where)

I wonder, given the way the game has changed - and how it continues to change - if there'll ever be another person associated with the club who achieves universal adulation comparable to Keegan. Even Shearer and Bobby had their critics, despite their contribution to the club. With Keegan it's just 100%, indisputable positivity across the board.

I wonder, given the way the game has changed - and how it continues to change - if there'll ever be another person associated with the club who achieves universal adulation comparable to Keegan. Even Shearer and Bobby had their critics, despite their contribution to the club. With Keegan it's just 100%, indisputable positivity across the board.

It would probably be silly for me to say never because who can see into the future but i'd say the chances are incredibly small.

The timing of where the club was when he came back, together with the connection between him, the club and the fans was unique as far as i'm concerned and will never be repeated.

Keegan is my football hero but I've met loads of Newcastle fans who subscribe to the London view of him - quitter, tactically inept, betrayed the honourable Derek Llambias etc.

Keegan is my football hero but I've met loads of Newcastle fans who subscribe to the London view of him - quitter, tactically inept, betrayed the honourable Derek Llambias etc.

Really? ???

Just watched the Ten Out Of Ten video on YouTube again. Not only is the football great but the interviews with KK and Freddie Fletcher are so far away from what we hear now.

I think watching us on Tyne Tees at Brentford is the first memory I have of watching Newcastle at all. Can remember listening to part of the Derby thrashing the year before on the way back from the big shop but between that nothing. 1992ing to fuck.

Wasn't familiar with that video. Cheers for the nod.

It’s obviously club produced and it’s just pure positive propaganda but the more we move away from it the more jarring it seems.

And Jim Dobbin will always be a cunt.