Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Sporting Director or some shit would be a nice touch.

They'll want someone more qualified for the role, but if they ever came round to spending more than half an hour in his presence they'll find themselves buying the club all over again.

There's got to be a role for him somewhere.

Would have him in an ambassadorial sort of role for sure. Not a football one though, personally think that ship has sailed. Get Rafa back or get someone of the calibre of Pochettino or Allegri and give them free reign.

Kev is a legend no doubt, but anything other than an ambassadorial role would be crazy

That’s what I mean. Even just being able to sit in the stand without having to wear a disguise would be nice

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine having Rafa and Keegan together to sell the clubs vision to potential signings.

Do you think Rafa would want Keegan around the place?

I'm not convinced by the Keegan story. It sounds like the kind of thing that would get made up. If true, I think it would be a mistake to detract any attention from the manager, who will be trying to make his own history. And of course the minute anything goes slightly wrong, there's going to be a crazy section shouting for KK to take over.