Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Hate reading this thread like. Absolutely demoralising.

Indeed! It's absolutely brilliant and an absolute pisser at the same time! It makes me detest the current bunch of clowns a lot more!

It's a different sport we play now. Even in his 2nd spell making us play fantastic football away at spurs and humped them. The passion, hope, waiting - no dying for the next game. I Fucking dread weekends now

That 2nd spell when we weren't scoring goals or winning matches - one thing will always stay etched in my mind. He insisted that the players keep passing the ball and not give in to fear of the consequences because as manager he would accept full responsibility for results. That is football coaching at it's finest.

That was some of his most impressive stuff for me. It was a horrible run and they couldn't get out of it, but as you say he would never let them resort to pardball.

He's gone on record in the last few years saying we're his club.

Link ?

Somewhere in here I'm sure, not seen it since it first aired; definitely worth a watch if you haven't already.

Have only seen clips from that interview but that was a great watch :thup:

Fucking love KK man, honestly, he's everything you could want as a Manager or even to have him back at the club in any capacity would be amazing.

Such a shame it ended as it did.

Funny thing though, as I was watching it (with my headphones in) the wife asked me what I was grinning at  :)

Says it all really

I only watched that for the first time this morning. Fantastic stuff.

Interesting what he says about needing at least 4-5 natural vocal leaders on the pitch to get anywhere. Completely agree and the daft buggers who go on about 'leadership by example' should be made to watch it 10 times.

We had possibly the best 5 seasons in the club's league history under KK and certainly the best football ; it was a tragedy that he wasn't able to finish it off with the PL title which, in my opinion, would have totally altered the destiny of the club.

Instead of going from strength to strength, we have declined to such a degree that our own fans believe our rightful place is making up the numbers in the PL and fighting relegation.

Sadly, we will never see those heady days at SJP again because Ashley is ruining the club and its relationship with the fans to such a degree that we are not now an attractive target for ambitious investors and therefore will continue to decline.

I always had faith that the club was big enough to bounce back from most set-backs but I have lost that now... we shall never compete for the PL title again in my view.

All we have is our memories of those years under KK and many fans are not even old enough to remember those clearly. Us oldies can draw on memories of Supermac's goals and watching the likes of Tony Green but players like that are nothing but a dream for this club now.

Ah, man, when KK left after 96 that was as close as I've ever been to tears in my adult life. I remember one of the (season-ticket holding) lasses asking who I wanted next, and I pretty much blubbed that I just wanted Kevin back. Broke my heart when he left. She reassured me that men are all the same, the bastards :lol:. I cried inside though.

Now, and I'm going out on a limb here, I grew up expecting nothing from the club except mediocrity, and I wasn't disappointed. From the day my dad first took me our finishes were 11th, 8th, 15th, 15th, 15th, 5th (yay!), RELEGATED (oh, ffs), 30th, 31st, 33rd, 31st, 27th, 25th (PROMOTED!), 14th, 11th, 17th, 8th, RELEGATED, CHEATED, 33rd, you'll get the picture. That's just the first 20 years.

When KK blew into town the whole thing changed. He saved us from certain relegation, got us promoted, then The Entertainers era was born. The happiest day of my life (I hope Mrs n never reads this) was in the boozer after a match when I told everyone I could now die happy because we were literally the best team in the world, and everyone was fine with that. We killed back in the day.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

I'm sure i had some form of depression after he left the second time.

I remember the front cover of the Mag at the time was KK in sunglasses with the heading 'Future's so bright, gotta wear shades'

That was in the living room all season and every time i looked at the cover i felt awful and hated Ashley so much :lol:

I remember feeling incredibly happy when he won his court case in October 09 and only a small section of Level 7 sang for him that day in respect for him - that hurt a lot too. I thought everyone would join in for him. I bet they would now!

Do not and I repeat do not do what I did unless you want to be seriously depressed with our current regime! Put that 1000 NUFC goals DVD on and watch the 1st 3.5 seasons of it! We really do play a different sport now!

If we ever won the title man, we'd never have had Mike Ashley; ever. He'd have not touched us as we'd likely seen Keegan for much longer, if not still here, and we'd have had stayed near the top end of the league.

:suicide:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm going to make a point of going to the next one. My love for him 1up'd when I watched that interview with him by Steve Harmison.

I don't have an iPhone, I've got an awful replacement phone until my contract is up. I'll do my best to remember everything I can though. Shearer next Thursday as well so hopefully get some interesting thoughts about today as well as the good times.

Guest antz1uk

I don't have an iPhone, I've got an awful replacement phone until my contract is up. I'll do my best to remember everything I can though. Shearer next Thursday as well so hopefully get some interesting thoughts about today as well as the good times.

notepad? bullet points?  :)