Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

If he has got a large warchest, then i'll be pretty surprised if there's no mentioning of SWP.

Given his recent footballing non-exploits i can't imagine he'll be after unknown quantities from abroad, a la Allardyce, if any at all for that matter. It could well take him a couple of weeks to get acclimatised to his first squad in ages. We need bodies but there's still time.

SWP who moved from Title challengers and Champions league side Chelsea to mid-table Newcastle United with the potential of getting into europe in the coming years.

Aye, you're probably right. If the money's there, Keegan probably won't give SWP - in and out the team at Chelsea, and arguably the most promising English youngster he produced - a second thought.

What's rattling your cage tonight? :)

Nothing :) Maybe my posts sound pissed off without smilies, they aren't intended to ;)

How many signings do you think he has his eye on johnny?

I'd say hardly any but who knows...

none so far i'd imagine. i'm sure he has ideas about the sort of player he wants to bring in without having fixed on particular individuals . for instance a ball playing centre half has been a common theme for him, Venison and Albert for newcastle, Coleman for fulham and Distin for city so i'd imagine he'll look for one with us too. or trying to detect similarities within the current squad to what he has overseen elsewhere, martins and andy cole stand out, two physically outstanding yet hugely raw talents, maybe he'll try and find a beardsley type to match him up with.

i don't think we'll see any real action till the summer, mind. then again i could be wrong, maybe he's got an extensive dossier of talent from rio de janeiro to timbuktu and is simply waiting to snap the players up.

also people seem to be doubting his ability to build a modern team who can cope with tactical shifts and innovations of the past few years, but he's only been out the game around the same time as hitzfeld was before he went back to bayern. defensively, man city had the third best defence in the league before keegan walked out in march 2005. the talk about the game being more athletic, keegan signed or oversaw players like Distin, Dunne, Van Buyten, James, Anelka, Wanchope, Tarnat, SWP, Marc Vivian Foe, all athletes either big or fast or both. he also had a fair few skilful ball-players, ali bernabia in particular looked magical at times tho his ability to spot that kind of talent isn't really in doubt.

Its interesting that these are the sort of players the club has lacked for a while. Its not just his arrival that led to this type of wish-list.

he can attract Messi if you believe Sid Waddell on Talksport....

Messi is shit man, we only want good players remember  :cheesy:

Seriously a good attacking CM or some one who can play AM and CF. Who that is I haven't got the foggyest.

Would love to see the Van Buyten beast here, although I must say I havent seen him since he joined bayern from HSV. He was the beast at city if only for a short spell.

Might have lost a yard or two of pace? was class though.

Chimbonda might be in Kev's thinking, very attacking RB and would certainly come.

No idea who he will pull out of his hat for a central midfielder.... will wait with baited breath, he might have a very tough job on his hands though.

A RW would be in the same stead.

Will be interesting to see how he sees shola aswell? maybe we wont end up getting another striker in.

If he can work with shola, carroll and lualua, and improve their game then he might not need to buy. I know most people would prefer a local lad to be playing if he was good enough. They are ones for the future, as for now lets hope he doesnt do any stupid panic buys.

I think everyone is holding Mike to his word when he says a toon revival is on the cards

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7185687.stm

"I want a team that will go all out to try to give Chelsea a walloping, that will try to stuff Tottenham and that will be brave and bold enough to attack Manchester United."

I haven't got a damn clue about who he'd buy and even if hes got enough time to get a player or two in but I'm optomistic :smiley6600:

God, I just don't hope we pass this window by, thinking our current squad is just about good enough, and then get hit with an injury crisis or something and get relegated because we're forced to play Geremi on the wing and Smith in the midfield.

Ugh. Bad thoughts.

God, I just don't hope we pass this window by, thinking our current squad is just about good enough, and then get hit with an injury crisis or something and get relegated because we're forced to play Geremi on the wing and Smith in the midfield.

Ugh. Bad thoughts.

It is quite late in the window but we all know that now, hopefully questions may be answered on Friday:

The 56-year-old will be officially unveiled as the new black and white boss on Friday afternoon in front of what is sure to be a watching worldwide audience.

:clap2:

maybe he will bring a couple of new signings to unveil with him!  Will be a hectic crazy couple of weeks that is for sure.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very happy to return to Newcastle United. Now, I'd like to introduce you to my new friends. Dimitar, Shaun, come on out."

A defender from the north east (Got)

A classy defender from Belgium (Need) - Van Buyten

A fast irish winger (Got)

A french left winger (Got)

A former champion in midfield (Got)

A 30 goal a season English striker in his prime (erm)

A South American for big money (Need)

Depends on his ability to sell the club like he used to be able to, as we aren't exactly an attractive prospect anymore, barring our usual lovely wages we decided to give out.

It'll be Mike's money doing the talking.