Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

Guest Brendan_Rice

I was really upset with Emer this was the time we really need him yet he stupidly sent of the other day. Roz was not a midfilder and I was surprised how we didn't put on Troise for the last 15 min. Over all we will look up from now on. We will have Butt Smith and Barton back for the next game and thats really important area for us. with luck we might sign up some one quality before the game next week.

While it is true that they did not play one-touch football or free flowing football, did not score today and their opponent was Bolton, however, I am mindful that Keegan had just 3 days with the players, the players need to get acquainted to each other and Keegan's style football.

Unless there is a player that can wow all of us or is a potential prospect, otherwise, I'm against signing any players.

Let's wait and see and as many has said, there's plenty of optimism today. For better days ahead ^^  O0

Regards,

Ericz.

Keegan has already stated he'll not just be making up the numbers this transfer window, they have to make a big impact quickly. He also said we have a very small squad so the future looks very bright in terms of players are on the menu transfer-wise. Tough times ahead with the double arsenal games, then villa then man utd but try to see the bigger picture and the money thats going to be spent in the short term aswell as the long term  :celb:

I agree the future is bright.  We were more positive today than we had been under Sam's whole appointment (Arsenal game excluded) we were just lacking in the final third which we can improve on.

Keegan will turn this round.  The players we have are not terrible and I think a couple of inspired buys would lift improve us greatly.

Carroll aside, I would rather have matched their 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and not had him in the team.

And that would have brought us the win?

Doubt it very much.

:lol: ... 0-0 wasn't it?

Really?

Thanks for that smart arse.

Well I'm just saying, playing Shola up there clearly did the trick! Playing him or a 5 man midfield is equally as "negative".

Point me at the post where i said "Shola did the trick today",i personally think anyone who has come to poke a shitty stick at Shola needs to go watch the game again,he didnt do alot wrong.

How crap is Duff too?! Did absolutely nothing either.

We have no wingers outside of Zoggy. I don't even know what Duff was supposed to be doing out there.

We havre too many flimsy pansies that fall over under the slightest bit of pressure too and it does my head in.

Owen, Duff and Milner must be made of toilet paper or something, they really are pathetically flimsy.

The squad we have is the one Graeme, Glenn and Sam left. That's where we are. We dominated tonight but don't have the class to finish it off. Kevin will get us that class somehow.

Ok result. Atleast Keegan will have no illusions as to what the squad needs. When Bolton play boring "anti-football" you really need a strong midfield which, understandably, we didnt have.

Carr should stop shooting.

Enrique is improving, though still expects to much time on the ball.

Milner, you can't fault his ball control and work-rate, but for a winger his crosses are consistently p*ss-poor. There wasn't a lot in the centre to be fair but if he's going to stay in the first-team thats what he needs to fix.

Hopefully we get say 2 players in before the window shuts. KK has the right idea, theres no point getting in more squad players, we need proper first teamers that are going to improve performances.

Given - 7. Strange how he looks better when he doesn't have to kick it, isn't it. Made a key save at the end too.

Carr - 6. I thought he had a good game actually! Quite inventive.

Taylor - 7. Tidied everything up. Probably, oddly, our best player given he was pretty much flawless. Had little to do with like.

Caçapa - 6. Much like Taylor, had little to do. Looked a bit shaky at times though, again.

Enrique - 6. He's good when he doesn't have to pass.

Milner - 5. Not really at the races today. Poor on the counter and delivery was a bit rubbish. Difficult when there's so many defenders and so few attackers in the box, though.

Rozehnal - 4. He didn't really have a clue really, did he.

N'Zogbia - 6. Would be harsh to criticise him really, but he was easily controlled by Bolton today.

Duff - 5. See Milner. Was difficult for our wingers today but the likes of Duff need to have more about them.

Ameobi - 4. Crap. Layed the ball off a couple of times, that was his contribution. Other than that, he fouled people and fell over. Sound familiar? Yep.

Owen - 5. Never in it.

Lua Lua - 6. Very promising.

Conclusion, Defense - little to do but comfortable when they did. Midfield, poor - we need centre mids man. Strikers, Shola Ameobi.

Ok guys and girls, one thing we all agree on is SHOLA IS SHIT and WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER.

We all know this and we all know Keegan knows this, its just that tonight this was basically an enforced lineup that he had to make. We attacked the whole match but we knew Shola wasn't going to get a hat-trick, we know Bolton we're going to kill the game from the first whistle, we also knew its hard to create chances when you have to rely on Rozehnal behind the front two strikers.

Lets move on, keep an eye on the gossip columns and wait for some new signings to be made. We need to see the bigger picture. I simply can't wait to see whats in store for us, Mikes going to splash the cash big time  :smiley6600:

Oh and another thing we all agree on - Carr, stop shooting!! ARRRGGGH, hes trying to hit seagulls or somethin'  :lol:

Carroll aside, I would rather have matched their 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and not had him in the team.

Doubt it very much.

Really?

Well I'm just saying, playing Shola up there clearly did the trick! Playing him or a 5 man midfield is equally as "negative".

Shola has scored against Bolton at home for the last two seasons in a row

Given - 7. Strange how he looks better when he doesn't have to kick it, isn't it. Made a key save at the end too.

Taylor - 7. Tidied everything up. Probably, oddly, our best player given he was pretty much flawless. Had little to do with like.

Caçapa - 6. Much like Taylor, had little to do. Looked a bit shaky at times though, again.

Milner - 5. Not really at the races today. Poor on the counter and delivery was a bit rubbish. Difficult when there's so many defenders and so few attackers in the box, though.

N'Zogbia - 6. Would be harsh to criticise him really, but he was easily controlled by Bolton today.

Duff - 5. See Milner. Was difficult for our wingers today but the likes of Duff need to have more about them.

Ameobi - 4. Crap. Layed the ball off a couple of times, that was his contribution. Other than that, he fouled people and fell over. Sound familiar? Yep.

Owen - 5. Never in it.

Conclusion, Defense - little to do but comfortable when they did. Midfield, poor - we need centre mids man. Strikers, Shola Ameobi.

spot on tbh, although id give enrique another point cos he looks good going forward albert syle

Doubt it very much.

Really?

Shola has scored against Bolton at home for the last two seasons in a row

:lol:

Guest Brendan_Rice

Point me at the post where i said "Shola did the trick today",i personally think anyone who has come to poke a shitty stick at Shola needs to go watch the game again,he didnt do alot wrong.

Bang on!  I think some people have a vendeda against the lad.  I honestly think with the right coaching he could be a very useful player. 

Adebayor wasn't always a fans favorite at Arsenal (http://www.thesun.co.uk/discussions/posts/list/27/ADEBAYOR_THE_CRAP_SHOULD_REMAIN_AT_BENCH~33~_-48478.page) and he came good.  I reckon Shola could do the same with a bit of luck with injuries and the right coaching.

I just wish people would support our players and our team rather than jumping on their backs at every given opportunity.

Bang on!  I think some people have a vendeda against the lad.  I honestly think with the right coaching he could be a very useful player. 

Adebayor wasn't always a fans favorite at Arsenal (http://www.thesun.co.uk/discussions/posts/list/27/ADEBAYOR_THE_CRAP_SHOULD_REMAIN_AT_BENCH~33~_-48478.page) and he came good.  I reckon Shola could do the same with a bit of luck with injuries and the right coaching.

I just wish people would support our players and our team rather than jumping on their backs at every given opportunity.

Comments like that are what annoy me so much. You do realise this is what people were saying about Ameobi in 2003?

Adebayor was very Shola-esque last season. That's right a year and a half he took to learn and evolve into a quality Prem player. Bringing him up as an analogy only reinforces the fact our donkey should be shot.

I'm all for getting behind our players when it's good for the team.... I'm also all for using my brain.

Shola was rubbish ffs. How can anyone defend that performance? It was the likes of him that was wrong with the team today. He offered absolutely nothing as an attacking threat and did very little for his attacking midfielders. He fouled players when trying to win the ball, which he's done for ever and ever.

And by the way, before someone comes at me with a "find another scapegoat" comment again, i tend to defend Shola. Today though, what's to defend? What did he do for the team today, honestly? There was one or two decent touches - that was it. Lumbered around and offered the sum total of nowt.

Owen - 5. Never in it.

spot on tbh, although id give enrique another point cos he looks good going forward albert syle

Agree generally, except I'd give Roz 6 and Duff 3

Owen - 5. Never in it.

Owen a 5?

Get the hell out of here!

A 0.5 maybe ...

Owen - 5. Never in it.

Roz played very well, especially in the second half. I stand by my opinion that Shola was decent.

Guest Knightrider

Well that was shite :lol:

Great atmosphere (ish) and great to see KK back.

He has a lot of work to do and a lot of spending to do too as half those players are not KK players and never will be.