Chimbonda

Dogmatix

As a player, Chimbonda is top-quality, as I've said - but if this turns out to be true then it's a funny one with how Beye has been playing. He probably won't be moved to play centre-half, either, I cannot see that happening despite how he played there against Liverpool.

Like I said in another thread (might of been this one the other day actually) Beye reminds me of Distin the way he plays the game, since Keegan switched Distin to centre back at City then I can see him doing the same to Beye here, one thing we lack at the moment at centre back is pace and it's something he'll (Beye) will offer us.

If anything his style of play is better suited to playing in the middle rather than at fullback.

Distin was originally a centre-half though, that was his favoured position, it's not exactly the same.

Beye doesn't have anything like Distin's pace/height/power either, and I'm not sure if he'd cut it against some of the bigger strikers in this league.

It's a decent idea that could probably do with a trial run, but it's unlikely. Wishful thinking more than anything else, which is fair enough after Beye has been pretty damn good here so far.

In an ideal world we'd have both, they'd provide quality competition for places and everyone would be fine - but it probably won't be like that.

As a player, Chimbonda is top-quality, as I've said - but if this turns out to be true then it's a funny one with how Beye has been playing. He probably won't be moved to play centre-half, either, I cannot see that happening despite how he played there against Liverpool.

Like I said in another thread (might of been this one the other day actually) Beye reminds me of Distin the way he plays the game, since Keegan switched Distin to centre back at City then I can see him doing the same to Beye here, one thing we lack at the moment at centre back is pace and it's something he'll (Beye) will offer us.

If anything his style of play is better suited to playing in the middle rather than at fullback.

agree. just hope keegan sees it that way too.

£9M surely cannot be right, mind, surely not.

That's what I heard but I'm not going to claim it as gospel truth.  Chelsea did offer £10m a while back but Levy rejected it looking for an improved offer.  In hindsight he should have said yes.

Not sure why we'd see RB as a particularly weak area, unless Keegan is making wholesale changes. I dont like the fact he's such a troublemaker, he's a very good player, no doubt and would be good competition for Beye, but id rather see the money go on the midfield. Have we been linked with many midfilders? i cant think of any.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't want him

He is a mercenary, who is losing his pace and after a final pay day.

Beye is far better. I would even prefer Carr over this mug

2m or something and i'd take him, anything else we're getting taken for a ride

as Venkman says it would end in tears, no doubt about that, but i'd rather be crying 2m tears than 9m....hopefully the appearance of keegan won't lead to us becoming mugs in the market

Guest DazzaNufc1892

class player, and if we get 2 good years out of him and he leads to a springboard in our form, then great, we can move onto bigger and better, but beye is a cb, he played there many times for marseille.

Lets not forget we arent under the fat cunt anymore, we have a wealthy owner these days who will gladly dip his hands into his pocket to be entertained, and if he wants chimbonda that much, let him have him