Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Someone on Skunkers reckons his agent has been on talksport saying he's agreed terms with Spurs.

Nothing has been agreed with Spurs.  As I said 4 pages ago, given his circumstances I can't think of one good reason why he would pick Spurs ahead of Newcastle

London, shopping, big city life etc.

Sounds like an argument against Spurs.

London's good for a visit, but how anyone can comfortably live there is beyond me.

Maybe it just daunts me, i'm not sure, but i've never liked the place, far too big.

depends where you live, when you live in a place you dont do the same things you would if you were a tourist

Do you live in London like, Nobby?

Spurs don't have a wage-cap for individuals. They have a set total wages limit that covers ALL of their playing staff, how they share it between players is up to them. For example it might be £500k a week (picked that number out of the air), hence why they won't go out and give £100kpw contracts.

This is from a Spurs fan elsewhere who seems to know his stuff.

Devonian is well informed.

Spurs don't have a wage-cap for individuals. They have a set total wages limit that covers ALL of their playing staff, how they share it between players is up to them. For example it might be £500k a week (picked that number out of the air), hence why they won't go out and give £100kpw contracts.

What?

Someone on Skunkers reckons his agent has been on talksport saying he's agreed terms with Spurs.

Nothing has been agreed with Spurs.  As I said 4 pages ago, given his circumstances I can't think of one good reason why he would pick Spurs ahead of Newcastle

London, shopping, big city life etc.

Sounds like an argument against Spurs.

London's good for a visit, but how anyone can comfortably live there is beyond me.

Maybe it just daunts me, i'm not sure, but i've never liked the place, far too big.

depends where you live, when you live in a place you dont do the same things you would if you were a tourist

Do you live in London like, Nobby?

haha, you won't get a bite from me, i agree about the people in general though, unfriendly and in a rush

What?

(Jol thinks he knows everything)

If your contact at work is so certain of this and they've got it from the horses' mouth, why isn't it in the paper?

This is something that continually confuses me about ITKs who claim to know someone in the media - the media themselves never seem to mention these nailed on stories. Are they not bothered about selling papers?

If your contact at work is so certain of this and they've got it from the horses' mouth, why isn't it in the paper?

This is something that continually confuses me about ITKs who claim to know someone in the media - the media themselves never seem to mention these nailed on stories. Are they not bothered about selling papers?

Off the record discussion.

People wont share information publicly, but will happily discuss the information between individuals as friends.

Such relationships allow journalists to drop hints, without information looking official public knowledge.

People wont share information publicly, but will happily discuss the information between individuals as friends.

Such relationships allow journalists to drop hints, without information looking official public knowledge.

Yeah, ok, thanks for that.

Well Nobby works for the Sunday Times, obviously very closely linked to the Times. Their hint yesterday (by which time they'd obviously know that Woodgate had already signed for NUFC) was: "Juande Ramos moves ahead in race to seal deal for Jonathan Woodgate."

It's subtle, I'll give them that.

90% a toon player.

Personal terms agreed

Spurs offerd him 20k a week less than he was on.

Few glitches with boro to sort.

Hopefully will sign on monday.

Much more convinced now tbh. Cheers.

90% a toon player.

Personal terms agreed

Spurs offerd him 20k a week less than he was on.

Few glitches with boro to sort.

Hopefully will sign on monday.

Much more convinced now tbh. Cheers.

yep, tbf CG is the only 1 on here i believe 100%

Well Crumpy's got Nobby's back.

It's looking real good for Nobby right now.

Dave and Wullie get on your knees and beg for Nobby's mercy.

blueyes.gif

Fuck that shit, he's off down with the Spuds.

Crumpy does just get his info off another forum though, you do realise that? :lol:

It's everyone's favourite ITK, Whatever from Skunkers again.

Still, rather believe him/them that some of the others who claim to know things.

Crumpy does just get his info off another forum though, you do realise that? :lol:

It's everyone's favourite ITK, Whatever from Skunkers again.

Still, rather believe him/them that some of the others who claim to know things.

Have we actually ever established whether or not he has a reliable contact since Lil' Kenny fucked off though?

FWIW I think we will sign Woodgate now.