Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

As the window closes on 1st of February, does anybody believe that we will sign someone until then? I've lost a bit of my hope, because of all that talk.  >:(

Probably something did go on behind the scenes. Who knows?

Suggestions?

The fact we are being so quiet is always positive. Keegans speaks later on today, he can never keep his gob shut just wait and see.

Boro could be using Spurs to try and force better terms out of us I reckon.

Wouldn't be surprised if they rejected an identical offer from us just to force us to pay extra or offer Smith or Shola as leverage.

Stop dreaming :lol:

id offer Ameobi and Smith with nothing in return

As the window closes on 1st of February, does anybody believe that we will sign someone until then? I've lost a bit of my hope, because of all that talk.  >:(

Probably something did go on behind the scenes. Who knows?

Suggestions?

The fact we are being so quiet is always positive. Keegans speaks later on today, he can never keep his gob shut just wait and see.

That's what I was hoping for. If it wasn't KK in the hot seat, I would already be disappointed. But there's hope... :-)

Boro could be using Spurs to try and force better terms out of us I reckon.

Wouldn't be surprised if they rejected an identical offer from us just to force us to pay extra or offer Smith or Shola as leverage.

Stop dreaming :lol:

id offer Ameobi and Smith with nothing in return

If they saw that as £9m then i'd be happy with the fee.  :laugh:

From .com:

Ex-Mag:

Woodgate Spurs talks

Confirmation came on Friday that former Magpies defender Jonathan Woodgate had been given permission by his club Middlesbrough to speak with Spurs over a transfer.

This follows a public statement from the Riverside on Thursday that no bids had been received for any of Southgate's smoggie squad at that point - amid media claims that Newcastle were looking at Woodgate.

Other sources claimed that Newcastle had enquired about the 28 year-old Teessider earlier this week, but thought he was over-valued at the allegedly-quoted £8m.

a mate of mine who was in the academy up until last year said on deadline day 2006 (August) Glenn Roeder spent most of the day on the phone to Woodgate begging him to sign for us, rather than go on loan to the beasts, but he didn't want to know.

Just thought I'd raise this, 'cos even if we had a bid accepted, it wouldn't surprise me to hear him turn us down for the Spuds if the above is to be believed.

a mate of mine who was in the academy up until last year said on deadline day 2006 (August) Glenn Roeder spent most of the day on the phone to Woodgate begging him to sign for us, rather than go on loan to the beasts, but he didn't want to know.

Just thought I'd raise this, 'cos even if we had a bid accepted, it wouldn't surprise me to hear him turn us down for the Spuds if the above is to be believed.

Howay man, a lot has changed since then. An absolute load has changed, really.

Doesn't hold water.

Guest johnson293

Yeah, a desperate manager, begging you to join must really make your mind up fo you??!!!  :rolleyes:

This is where I see Keegan a millions miles from any other of our recent managers (perhaps Bobby apart) - He has (or did have) that infectious enthusiasm that can sway a players mind, and really make them think this is the club for them.

Bit like a Jedi Mind trick, I suppose!!!  :cheesy:

Howay man, a lot has changed since then. An absolute load has changed, really.

Doesn't hold water.

I'm not dismissing it!  Just saying I wouldn't be surprised.  But as was posted, he's been given permission to talk to the Spuds anyway if .com are to be believed.

King----Woodgate is a cracking CB paring, when both fit like..

The odds of Smith scoring or those two fit, playing in the first team. Which odds are longer?

What about the odds of Smith scoring in a match with those two playing for the opposition? Astronomical.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

King----Woodgate is a cracking CB paring, when both fit like..

The odds of Smith scoring or those two fit, playing in the first team. Which odds are longer?

What about the odds of Smith scoring in a match? Astronomical.

He seems intent on not coming back here, all that shite about keeping his number for him too, ah well fk him!!.

That was Shepherd wasn't it?

Just said on SSN that he's played 72% of Boro's games, and that's far and away the highest percentage in his career (60% at Leeds, 51% here, 12% at Real :lol:). Pants.

I want to see his percentage of 90 minutes for Boro. Barely lasted a game this season.

A pairing of Faye-Woodgate when fit looks canny like, with Cacapa and Taylor as back-ups, and Rozehnal as reserve-reserve (as he's shit). If we did get Woody back, it wouldn't be the end of the world financially for us now, however if we are interested we'd best hurry up as it seems he's in talks with them now.

Just said on SSN that he's played 72% of Boro's games, and that's far and away the highest percentage in his career (60% at Leeds, 51% here, 12% at Real :lol:). Pants.

I want to see his percentage of 90 minutes for Boro. Barely lasted a game this season.

Started 17 games, finished 13 of them. I believe Alan Oliver would label that comment "wide of the mark".

Last season he started 36 games and finished 34.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Oh dear. Him and King would be an immense partnership. However, its unlikely that their periods of the treatment table will coincide that much. If we did buy him, dont think we would see him and King together more than 15 times a season. 7 million squids for an injury prone cb when we have another one is silly.