Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Crumpy does just get his info off another forum though, you do realise that? :lol:

It's everyone's favourite ITK, Whatever from Skunkers again.

Yea that maybe so but im loyal to this forum :lol:

Ive never been on skunker's or any other Nufc forum tbh. I expect skunkers have a lot of ITK members and if CG gets his info from there then good on him, im just happy he posts it on here. So far i think he has been right everytime.

Crumpy does just get his info off another forum though, you do realise that? :lol:

Ive never been on skunker's or any other Nufc forum tbh. I expect skunkers have a lot of ITK members and if CG gets his info from there then good on him, im just happy he posts it on here. So far i think he has been right everytime.

Aye he has, Liverpool's Stephen Ireland and Man City's Peter Crouch.

Spurs don't have a wage-cap for individuals. They have a set total wages limit that covers ALL of their playing staff, how they share it between players is up to them. For example it might be £500k a week (picked that number out of the air), hence why they won't go out and give £100kpw contracts.

This is from a Spurs fan elsewhere who seems to know my stuff.

Im pissed but ignore me,but i have to say,7mill for a great player but can only play at best half of your games....would you pay 14 mill for him if you KNEW he would play the full season.

Can't help but remember that table of injuries he's had since being at Boro. Good defender but how much of it will we see? Hopefully it's a decent price.

The good thing is we will have a very good backup in Faye and a decent one in Cacapa too.

I think if Woodgate does come in we ought to pair him with Taylor, as it will push him to be better.

I don't profess to be right everytime. I do get info from Skunkers I also get info from a source I couldn't divulge. IE Allardyce wanted out.

As for Steven Ireland/Crouch. This might not happen. Voronin is out for 6/8 weeks. I do believe though a deal was reached in principle where Liverpool would get Ireland + cash.

I don't profess to be right everytime. I do get info from Skunkers I also get info from a source I couldn't divulge. IE Allardyce wanted out.

As for Steven Ireland/Crouch. This might not happen. Voronin is out for 6/8 weeks. I do believe though a deal was reached in principle where Liverpool would get Ireland + cash.

Rafa was allegedly after theo for the right wing too wasn't he? So he may indeed be looking for a right winger.

Why doesn't he just put Babel there? Is Pennant injured? He's still got Benayoun there too?

Conclusion: Rafa is nuts.

why did Allardyce want out ?

This is obviously a genuine question the reply of which will create interest

Guest Sniffer

I love these fucking sources that people claim they have but, of course, can never divulge.

Especially when the tips come to nothing. Then they look like tits anyway but some people never seem to learn.

I love these fucking sources that people claim they have but, of course, can never divulge.

Especially when the tips come to nothing. Then they look like tits anyway but some people never seem to learn.

...some of them turn out to be true, its all a bit of fun...unless you get your little hopes up? :(

According to the Times this morning were in pole position to sign him,couldnt agree personal terms and was never that keen on moving there. Hes on 70k plus incentives :celb: :celb: :celb:

I've given enough info on here over the years that folk wil know what I post is usually spot on. The source will only ever be revealed when he/she finds alternate employment for obvious reasons.

Funnily if I hadn't been ill last Wednesday and could have been bothered to get up and answer my mobile I'd have had the scoop on Keegans return anarl!

Diddums.

I've given enough info on here over the years that folk wil know what I post is usually spot on. The source will only ever be revealed when he/she finds alternate employment for obvious reasons.

Funnily if I hadn't been ill last Wednesday and could have been bothered to get up and answer my mobile I'd have had the scoop on Keegans return anarl!

blueyes.gif

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Jonathan Woodgate close to Newcastle move

26/01/2008

Kevin Keegan is close to securing a deal for Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Woodgate after tabling an £8million bid yesterday to trump rivals Spurs.

The England defender has been given permission to speak to Newcastle this weekend after Keegan matched Spurs' valuation to snatch the stopper away from Juande Ramos.

Woodgate remained on Teesside yesterday despite Spurs matching Middlesbrough's valuation on Thursday night, and the player is not keen on a move to London.

Instead he wants to rekindle his career at St James' Park where he was a fans' favourite under Sir Bobby Robson before being sold to Real Madrid for £15m.

Boro are keen to cash in on their star defender who has been troubled with injuries, and Newcastle is Woodgate's preferred destination leaving Spurs missing out on another high profile transfer target. Woodgate will not figure for Boro in their FA Cup fourth round clash against Mansfield today because of a slight injury problem.

Newcastle boss Keegan yesterday admitted that Woodgate is a player he has inquired about this week.

Originally the Geordies were put off by the £8m asking price, given the doubts over the player's fitness, but Keegan (inset) said: "I'm not surprised others are interested.

"He is a great leader. He is 28 and I gave him his England debut and I know him well.

"He is one of a number of players we have talked about.

"We are concentrating on players from this country who are available.

"There are people we are not going to get because of (a) the price, and (b) they are at top teams and may not want to come somewhere where they won't yet play in Europe.

"So when you get around to the realistic targets, and there are not many, if we can't get them in we won't make any signing in this window."

I must admit I never actually watch Middlesbrough these days as they are so boring...is Woody still the same player? I dont want to see us give the smoggies 8 million quid for a player who has lost his pace/confidence/ability etc. If its the old Woody then get him in.