Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

absolutely top signing

...............Given.......................

Beye....Faye.....Woody......Enrique

I feel better already

Aye, thats one heck of a back 4 for me. Better than we had for years but even if you have doubts over woodys fitness, we weren't as bare bones as we were back when he was here last.

Back then we had ramage or edgar to come in if woody got injured but this time we have taylor, cacapa, rozenhal to choose from which is great

Not much youth in there aside from Taylor and Enrique though.

Personally I like how Enrique is suddenly good enough, based on f*** all. God bless us.

he's had one bad game then done very well against ronaldo and played well since.

Not particularly true, but hey ho.

only particularly in your opinion but hey ho

So mine is opinion, yours is fact. What a f****** surprise.

and vica-versa

ooh, touche. Thats me back in MY box. :lol:

i agree with you in saying it's too early to say he'll be excellent but i've seen enough to make me think he can make the position his own for a long time.

absolutely top signing

...............Given.......................

Beye....Faye.....Woody......Enrique

I feel better already

Aye, thats one heck of a back 4 for me. Better than we had for years but even if you have doubts over woodys fitness, we weren't as bare bones as we were back when he was here last.

Back then we had ramage or edgar to come in if woody got injured but this time we have taylor, cacapa, rozenhal to choose from which is great

Not much youth in there aside from Taylor and Enrique though.

Personally I like how Enrique is suddenly good enough, based on f*** all. God bless us.

he's had one bad game then done very well against ronaldo and played well since.

Not particularly true, but hey ho.

only particularly in your opinion but hey ho

So mine is opinion, yours is fact. What a f****** surprise.

and vica-versa

ooh, touche. Thats me back in MY box. :lol:

i agree with you in saying it's too early to say he'll be excellent but i've seen enough to make me think he can make the position his own for a long time.

And i've seen enough to make me think he could go either way.

Times online says he failed to agree personal terms with spurs.  He is understood to favour a move back to Newcastle United and is hoping the delay may flush out substantive interest from Kevin Keegan, who has confirmed for the first time that the admiration is mutual.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3254151.ece

Its ok, an "ITK" says it happened 4 days ago, so that can't be true, can it.

Post on GG:

Its not a difficult choice really, Spurs are the only club going anywhere out of the 2, but Newcastle can offer 20k a week more and the chance to stay up North (personally it would take 40k more a week for me to do that) . Being a Middlesbrough fan i cant imagine he is desperate to join Newcastle, so i guess it comes down to whether he wants money or the football - im not sure what he will do.

It really does read like someone on here writing a parody. :lol:

Post on GG:

Its not a difficult choice really, Spurs are the only club going anywhere out of the 2, but Newcastle can offer 20k a week more and the chance to stay up North (personally it would take 40k more a week for me to do that) . Being a Middlesbrough fan i cant imagine he is desperate to join Newcastle, so i guess it comes down to whether he wants money or the football - im not sure what he will do.

The only phrase missing is "we are stepping aside..." :lol:

Post on GG:

:lol:

Pathetic.

Someone on Skunkers reckons his agent has been on talksport saying he's agreed terms with Spurs.

Nothing has been agreed with Spurs.  As I said 4 pages ago, given his circumstances I can't think of one good reason why he would pick Spurs ahead of Newcastle

Someone on Skunkers reckons his agent has been on talksport saying he's agreed terms with Spurs.

Nothing has been agreed with Spurs.  As I said 4 pages ago, given his circumstances I can't think of one good reason why he would pick Spurs ahead of Newcastle

Yep, I saw after he was a Mackem.

London, shopping, big city life etc.

is HE Victoria Beckham???

Sounds like an argument against Spurs.

London's good for a visit, but how anyone can comfortably live there is beyond me.

Maybe it just daunts me, i'm not sure, but i've never liked the place, far too big.

London's good for a visit, but how anyone can comfortably live there is beyond me.

Maybe it just daunts me, i'm not sure, but i've never liked the place, far too big.

depends where you live, when you live in a place you dont do the same things you would if you were a tourist

I find it strange Spurs with this magical structure would be going for player like Woody or Puyol who on their current contracts receive more than the spuds can manage top end. What is the point?

It it that much of an honour to play for them?  bluelaugh.gif

I find it strange Spurs with this magical structure would be going for player like Woody or Puyol who on their current contracts receive more than the spuds can manage top end. What is the point?

It it that much of an honour to play for them?  bluelaugh.gif

Probably because it's a load of made up bollocks. IMO.

depends where you live, when you live in a place you dont do the same things you would if you were a tourist

The people are fuking weird as well. All in a rush to go nowhere, unfriendly bastards.

Spurs don't have a wage-cap for individuals. They have a set total wages limit that covers ALL of their playing staff, how they share it between players is up to them. For example it might be £500k a week (picked that number out of the air), hence why they won't go out and give £100kpw contracts.

This is from a Spurs fan elsewhere who seems to know his stuff.

Spurs don't have a wage-cap for individuals. They have a set total wages limit that covers ALL of their playing staff, how they share it between players is up to them. For example it might be £500k a week (picked that number out of the air), hence why they won't go out and give £100kpw contracts.

This is from a Spurs fan elsewhere who seems to know his stuff.

And that would make a lot of sense. You can't tell me that they'd turn their nose up at a top player though just because he wants £5k more a week than they had planned.

I'm sure all clubs have a wage structure of sorts, it'd be insane not to. But at the end of the day, if you want the best players, you have to pay them top dollar. No club with ambitions of being in the top six (ie Spurs) are going to get there with such a rigid attitude to wages.