Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

talking of people that like to t*** the odd ethnic, i met lee bowyers cousin the other day, stunning girl, hopefully taking her out, i like to sleep with an ex players family member, id b sure to post it once i was successful

nufc-online's first poster to shout "rape"

trust me lads - you've dodged a £75k a week bullet.

It looks like Ben Hutchinson is off to Celtic on a Bosman in the summer. Wheater & Grounds contracts run out in the summer. Downing has been in talks for at least 2 years. Vidukas contract ran out last summer. Gibson & that 2nd hand car dealer are not that clever when it comes to renewing contracts.

in 2 minds about this one.

On his day a world class centre half.

However he is prone to spending a lot of time on the sidelines. 7m could be better spent on a forward / midfielder. And Woody would be after big wages.

Plus he's already turned us down once. To go to the fucking smoggies. They are "his" club, that he is now desperate to leave.

The more I think about it the more I think it was too much of a gamble going for him....

Just hope we haven't wasted loads of time courting him when we could have been going after other players

Woody was by far the best defender I have seen in my time watching NUFC. I'm disappointed we missed out on a player we wanted as that is not good news; but I don't think he is quite the player he was & he will miss games through injury. All in all it may not be such a bad thing. Hope we don't waste the transfer funds on Chimbonda. Beye has all the qualities needed to be a quality signing & would be better than Chimbonda imo.

As I understand it, Woodgate hasn't been that good this season. He also regularly picks up minor injuries. He isn't the player he was four years ago. For the massive wages he wants, let him go to Spurs. He may be for Spurs what Duff is for us - a signing they wish they had missed out on.

The thing is why are Middlesbrough parting quite freely with their player of last season?

They aren't trying very hard to keep him which suggests to me that they know something we don't. Could be a lucky escape.

The thing is why are Middlesbrough parting quite freely with their player of last season?

Emanuel Pogatetz, Chris Riggott, Robert Huth David Wheater & Woodgate all play centre half & Jérémie Aliadière, Lee Dong-Gook & Mido play up front. They need a striker & to afford the fee + wages of striker like Alfonso Alves, Woodgate is being sold to balance the books or at least get a bit of balance.

Emanuel Pogatetz, Chris Riggott, Robert Huth David Wheater & Woodgate all play centre half & Jérémie Aliadière, Lee Dong-Gook & Mido play up front. They need a striker & to afford the fee + wages of striker like Alfonso Alves, Woodgate is being sold to balance the books or at least get a bit of balance.

Yeah, Wheater has emerged as a good centre half and Pogatetz is very underrated. Huth and Riggot are decent back up players to have so they won't really miss Woodgate. They desperately need a half decent striker though.

Yeah, Wheater has emerged as a good centre half and Pogatetz is very underrated. Huth and Riggot are decent back up players to have so they won't really miss Woodgate. They desperately need a half decent striker though.

Any team would miss Wodgate, he's a class ahead of all those players. They are getting shot because he is, and always has been an injury-prone liability. One whose nose is probably caved in from snorting too much charlie if you believe all you hear.

Woodgate would of joined us if Shearer was Keegans number 2.

Source: Woodgates dad via the Sunday Sun.

He prefers Gus Poyet? Seems like a lame response.

Nothing to do with Gus to be to honest & he is not mentioned at all in the article. I can see how simple it is to fall into that trap though.