Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

No, you don't, that would be a straight foul. He prevented him from making the tackle it was a clear case of obstruction.

Ah, right. I'm not that familiar with the rules, but it seems sensible enough. Not that we'd get any of those decisions for us away to any of the top four :)

2nd half has been absolutely awful.

Plenty of positives to be taken out of the 1st though.

Same as Old Trafford.

Did you watch the two games at all?

What were the positives from the first half at Old Trafford? Apart from the peverse joy to be gained at watching Rooney miss sitters.

Yep, I was there. Were you?

Guest Brendan_Rice

Same  side played United, pretty much the same changes, same out come  :lol:

Trying to do the exact same thing expecting diffrent results is pretty much the pure defintion of stupidity

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

We've only scored 1 goal against Premiership opposition since exactly a month ago. That's the worrying stat for me.

We have very little invention going forward.

Don't worry world class Owen will save us all!  :frantic:

Why is it always about Owen for you btw? Seem a little obsessed.

Owen needs service, and none of our midfielders are capable of getting the ball to him.

Why do you defend the waster?

Owen needs a new heart, some new legs and to be bankrupt, that and only that would turn him into a footballer again.

I'm not particularly defending him (I'm not a huge fan of his either), but if you think Owen is to blame for us being so poor up front, you're wrong.

There is nobody at the club capable of making us look good going forward. We need huge investment in that area. People are too obsessed with the defence.

I'm not saying its all his fault, but for the amount of money he takes home and how much he cost us then its a big fuking problem he can't play football anymore.

The down fall in his career is obvious, he'll never be half the player he was at Liverpool, that's certain, right now he's about 5% of that, its a disgusting effort from the little twat.

Oh well. Not as pissed off as I've been at previous losses of the kind. Like someone said before, plenty of positives from the first half. We were beaten by a group of better and fitter players, simply.

Fast forward to 'boro at home, please.

2nd half has been absolutely awful.

Plenty of positives to be taken out of the 1st though.

Same as Old Trafford.

Did you watch the two games at all?

What were the positives from the first half at Old Trafford? Apart from the peverse joy to be gained at watching Rooney miss sitters.

Yep, I was there. Were you?

No. But if you can't take any more positives out of this than Old Trafford I worry.

FFS!!! I never expected us to win but that does not compensate for the complete and utter frustration!

I suppose KK needed to take a look at Smith for himself but I just hope he sees the light and sends the useless twat to the reserves.

We're just completely devoid of invention and the ability to cause teams trouble

What did people think of Owen's performance?

Guest SmileyCulture

Fucks sake, why do we always end up being completely shat on when we start conceding?

No belief.

Lack of fitness for me.

I actualy agree with you for the first time.. ever.

We usualy go down in the second half after the first 5 minutes of looking shit; its fitness, sam worked on it but he didn't have time to undo the months of shit conditioning they'd been getting.

FFS!!! I never expected us to win but that does not compensate for the complete and utter frustration!

I suppose KK needed to take a look at Smith for himself but I just hope he sees the light and sends the useless t*** to the reserves.

Should have offered him to Boro as part of the Woodgate deal.