Cristiano Ronaldo

Menace

Even if he earns 20m a year before tax, that's still 1/4 of his yearly wage :lol: It's an outrageous amount and should obviously be applauded. I couldn't give that proportion of my earnings away, granted he's probably got a little in the bank.

If true, then fucking fair play! 

Doesn't matter if he is absolutely loaded.  It's an insane amount of money and it's going to help massively. 

I have seen those videos of him off the pitch with the mascots and like the one above with the young lad trying to speak Portuguese.  Seems like despite his arrogant demeanour and attitude on the pitch.  He may actually be a really decent bloke.

Even if he earns 20m a year before tax, that's still 1/4 of his yearly wage :lol: It's an outrageous amount and should obviously be applauded. I couldn't give that proportion of my earnings away, granted he's probably got a little in the bank.

Tbf he probably gets shit loads from advertisements and what not as well. Regardless though it's still an absolute fantastic gesture and rightly deserves all the credit in the world for it.

He may actually be a really decent bloke.

starting to think he might be fucking class!

He really is. I remember a family asking him for a signed shirt to auction off to help fund their sons brain cancer operation, he sent a shit tonne of stuff and paid off the 100k medical bills himself as well. There's loads of examples of him being a genuinely great person particularly towards kid and those underprivileged. He won't even get tattoo's because he doesn't want it to effect his regular blood donations.

He may actually be a really decent bloke.

starting to think he might be fucking class!

He really is. I remember a family asking him for a signed shirt to auction off to help fund their sons brain cancer operation, he sent a shit tonne of stuff and paid off the 100k medical bills himself as well. There's loads of examples of him being a genuinely great person particularly towards kid and those underprivileged. He won't even get tattoo's because he doesn't want it to effect his regular blood donations.

Christ :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Messi could eat babies and he'd still be better than Ronaldo. He left you, get over it Melanie Griffith.

It's money he didn't have to donate at all, and most footballers haven't/wouldn't. The fact that it's £5m makes it all the more impressive. Fair play to the guy, he's a class act.

This has barely been reported in Spain, btw. It's strange given the obsessive coverage we get from him and Messi ("Come and see Ronaldo's new lawn ornaments!" "Messi takes a dump, stay tuned for extensive coverage and analysis of his feces").