The Weekend's Other Games

Nate

I like Fulham, I like their fans, their ground and the feel of the club, and I want them to stay up.

I just don't want us to blow a glorious chance (see results yesterday) to cement our position and gift them three points.

agree

shite atmosphere the twice i've been there but i know what you mean as a club they are 'nice' that sounds gay like.......

We were awful, worst display in a long, long time.

Thank fuck Ashley is back next week.

Bollocks. Was he suspended today?

Yes.

Honestly, that is the worst we've looked for fuck knows how long.

If Curtis is out next week, Knight will do a decent job. Gabby has looked shit for about a month now, to be honest, so I'm not too bothered about that, but we missed Young so much today, it just isn't true.

MON will give them an absolute fucking rocket after that display, that's one thing I am sure of.

What did you make of Carson on the winner......?

What did you make of Carson on the winner......?

Fucking nowhere to be seen.

10m? Rafa's having a fucking laugh.

We're just fortunate the other results went the way they did this weekend, but I kind of suspect that we (and you, as it happens) are edging towards a downwards trajectory of late.

So Where Was It Then?

After watching Rooney pathetically and desperately fling himself to the ground in a shameless attempt to win a late penalty on Saturday (something that didn't fool even Mark Clattenburg), we fully expected the England striker to receive Pires-like treatment from the Monday morning dailies.

Not so.

In most papers the dive is buried deep in their match reports, while The Daily Express and The Guardian failed to mention it altogether. As did Match Of The Day, who chose to leave the collapse out of their highlights entirely.

However the worst is reserved for Martin Lipton in The Daily Mirror, who casually mentions the incident in the 18th paragraph of his report, but does find space to praise Rooney's 'sheer determination not to finish on the losing side', and give nasty foreign type Cristiano Ronaldo a shoeing for behaving like a 'prima donna...whingeing relentlessly'.

Guest kingdawson

So Where Was It Then?

After watching Rooney pathetically and desperately fling himself to the ground in a shameless attempt to win a late penalty on Saturday (something that didn't fool even Mark Clattenburg), we fully expected the England striker to receive Pires-like treatment from the Monday morning dailies.

Not so.

In most papers the dive is buried deep in their match reports, while The Daily Express and The Guardian failed to mention it altogether. As did Match Of The Day, who chose to leave the collapse out of their highlights entirely.

However the worst is reserved for Martin Lipton in The Daily Mirror, who casually mentions the incident in the 18th paragraph of his report, but does find space to praise Rooney's 'sheer determination not to finish on the losing side', and give nasty foreign type Cristiano Ronaldo a shoeing for behaving like a 'prima donna...whingeing relentlessly'.

Dave, did you actually get to see the incident? it really was pathetic from Rooney tbh.

Bullard looked good. Would be an excellent player for us in our current predicament. Worth a look in the summer or not quite good enough long term?

Will be 30 come october, depends on who else we sign I suppose.

He is a good player. Had a lot to do with Wigan's good season a couple of years back. But he left Wigan because he is a Londoner and didn't like the north. We're well north of Wigan like.

Bullard looked great yesterday, agree on that.

We should have gone for Hangeland! Been looking class so far, and hasnt even adjusted to the EPL completely yet! To those of you who said he wasnt good enough on the ball, well, youre wrong! Has sufficient pace as well.

If Fulham goes down, we should get him here in the summer. Would be our best CB after Faye. Better on the ball though and has more potential.

Hangeland was all over Carew, holding and pulling. Against Carew he got away with it, as refs automatically give fouls against him, because of his sheer size, they assume it is him in the wrong.

He won't get away with doing that every week.

Hangeland was all over Carew, holding and pulling. Against Carew he got away with it, as refs automatically give fouls against him, because of his sheer size, they assume it is him in the wrong.

He won't get away with doing that every week.

Carew said today in the Norwegian newspaper VG that Hangeland need to get more physical and be less nice. He will continue to play well and he is in the EPL to stay. Hes not old either, think hes about 26 or so.

So Where Was It Then?

Not so.

Rooney booked for diving.  Not the first time he's done it.

Will he get abuse like Ronaldo does?  Of course not, he's English.

:)

Guest Sporting

"Rooney should be ashamed of himself, but it also shows exactly how well Spurs were playing that the 22-year-old felt it necessary to resort to a tactic he may well have been taught by Cristiano Ronaldo."

Danny Fullbrook - Daily Star.

Slight blame, then justification, then the customary Ronaldo abuse.

So Where Was It Then?

Not so.

Ferguson was moaning about how many of their players Clattenburg booked as well!