The Weekend's Other Games

Nate

What a game that was, pure 100% commitment from both teams the whole way through and fabulous, open football to boot.

Spurs were the better team and deserved to win to be quite honest, don't like them but anyone who thinks that team isn't very close to being Top 4 material is deluding themselves. Dawson was immense for 94 minutes tbh, giving him an OG would be extremely harsh.

I've got 5 quid that says they won't show Rooney's dive on MOTD. Absolutely as bad and premeditated a dive as I've ever seen, Dawson pulls out and Rooney throws himself on the ground with Dawson not within a yard of him. Didn't stop the little scumbag mouthing off to the ref about it though.

On that note, thought Clattenburg had a tremendous game. Could easily have gotten out of control and had 2 or 3 red cards, despite not being a dirt game, with a lesser ref in charge. Managed to keep it under control somehow, fair play to him.

:thup: :rolleyes:

Furious bumming of someone who couldn't get a game for Spurs on MOTD. :rolleyes:

One of the most overrated players out there. The media never seemed to understand that he didn't play for Spurs for a reason.

What a game that was, pure 100% commitment from both teams the whole way through and fabulous, open football to boot.

Spurs were the better team and deserved to win to be quite honest, don't like them but anyone who thinks that team isn't very close to being Top 4 material is deluding themselves. Dawson was immense for 94 minutes tbh, giving him an OG would be extremely harsh.

I've got 5 quid that says they won't show Rooney's dive on MOTD. Absolutely as bad and premeditated a dive as I've ever seen, Dawson pulls out and Rooney throws himself on the ground with Dawson not within a yard of him. Didn't stop the little scumbag mouthing off to the ref about it though.

On that note, thought Clattenburg had a tremendous game. Could easily have gotten out of control and had 2 or 3 red cards, despite not being a dirt game, with a lesser ref in charge. Managed to keep it under control somehow, fair play to him.

The more we see of Ramos's organisation, the more we realise where we might have been now if Jol had gone at the start of the season.  The best Spurs performance I've seen in years, everyone  leaner, fitter, playing with a purpose, extremely optimistic about the future.  Unlike most on the Spurs' forums, I thought Clattenburg did well, as you say, it could have got well out of hand with a different ref.  I thought Nani was fortunate to stay on the pitch but, apart from that, no real complaints.  We got pulverised for 20 minutes by the best attacking team of the big 4 and very nearly held out.  A lot to be encouraged by.

The more we see of Ramos's organisation, the more we realise where we might have been now if Jol had gone at the start of the season.  The best Spurs performance I've seen in years, everyone  leaner, fitter, playing with a purpose, extremely optimistic about the future.  Unlike most on the Spurs' forums, I thought Clattenburg did well, as you say, it could have got well out of hand with a different ref.  I thought Nani was fortunate to stay on the pitch but, apart from that, no real complaints.  We got pulverised for 20 minutes by the best attacking team of the big 4 and very nearly held out.  A lot to be encouraged by.

What'd you think of Hutton MJ?

Personally I'm pleased to see Jenas doing so well, as he got a load of stick here especially from HTL who laughably compared him unfavourably to that donkey Lee Bowyer. What a fucking joke.

Agreed - Spurs deserved to win and its interesting to see how Man Ure implode when they are put under REAL pressure at both the back and front ; 6 yellow cards and a fine for them shows the desperation.

I was disappointed they managed to sneak an equalizer at the death.

Ramos has made his players fitter mentally and physically - Malbranque looks a different player in a few weeks, but they ALL worked so hard which is why they were able to match Man Ure - Fergie has always placed great store on attacking AND defending AS A TEAM, which is where NUFC's Prima Donnas of past years let the club down - the current side are basically either too old to play a high pressure game, or just too lazy..

Well done ! Quite happy to give credit where it is due, esp when Man U have been the ones discomforted!!

Agreed - Spurs deserved to win and its interesting to see how Man Ure implode when they are put under REAL pressure at both the back and front ; 6 yellow cards and a fine for them shows the desperation.

I was disappointed they managed to sneak an equalizer at the death.

Ramos has made his players fitter mentally and physically - Malbranque looks a different player in a few weeks, but they ALL worked so hard which is why they were able to match Man Ure - Fergie has always placed great store on attacking AND defending AS A TEAM, which is where NUFC's Prima Donnas of past years let the club down - the current side are basically either too old to play a high pressure game, or just too lazy..

Well done ! Quite happy to give credit where it is due, esp when Man U have been the ones discomforted!!

Spurs were beaten (the draw) by the ref. FACT.

Why do we get fucked over by officials so much!?

So fucking sick of obvious bad decisions going against us all the time.  That linesman should just be demoted immediately if he doesn't even know the fucking rules but I'm not sure that's the case. He never gave us anything all day. Everyone was already saying how bad he'd been before the disallowed goal.

Why do we get fucked over by officials so much!?

So fucking sick of obvious bad decisions going against us all the time.  That linesman should just be demoted immediately if he doesn't even know the fucking rules but I'm not sure that's the case. He never gave us anything all day. Everyone was already saying how bad he'd been before the disallowed goal.

shocking decision, so bad it was funny. sorry!

Why do we get f***** over by officials so much!?

So f****** sick of obvious bad decisions going against us all the time.  That linesman should just be demoted immediately if he doesn't even know the f****** rules but I'm not sure that's the case. He never gave us anything all day. Everyone was already saying how bad he'd been before the disallowed goal.

Well, I'd probably be laughing if it was another team so don't worry about it.

Shit like this makes me think we could miss out on fourth though. Referees to the rescue for Liverpool!

So f****** sick of obvious bad decisions going against us all the time.  That linesman should just be demoted immediately if he doesn't even know the f****** rules but I'm not sure that's the case. He never gave us anything all day. Everyone was already saying how bad he'd been before the disallowed goal.

Shit like this makes me think we could miss out on fourth though. Referees to the rescue for Liverpool!

When has that not been the case?!

Guest kingdawson

s*** like this makes me think we could miss out on fourth though. Referees to the rescue for Liverpool!

Dont worry, they still play that clown carragher. With him on the pitch, anything can happen.