Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

he was far from the worst today...........................as unfortunatly usual

I think he was tbh. Shola was the only competitor imo. Maybe N'Zogbia, but he actually contributed nicely to our football when he was put in his correct position. Put Michael Owen at left-back he will be shit, too. The fact of the matter is, Zog isn't a left-back, never in a month of Sundays.

They were all gash though tbh, no denying that - aside from maybe Owen.

I think he was tbh. Shola was the only competitor imo. Maybe N'Zogbia, but he actually contributed nicely to our football when he was put in his correct position. Put Michael Owen at left-back he will be s***, too. The fact of the matter is, Zog isn't a left-back, never in a month of Sundays.

only colccini and owen came out with any credit. butt was at least as good as the rest and crtainly better than guthrie,n'zogbia,ameobi and edgar

I think he was tbh. Shola was the only competitor imo. Maybe N'Zogbia, but he actually contributed nicely to our football when he was put in his correct position. Put Michael Owen at left-back he will be s***, too. The fact of the matter is, Zog isn't a left-back, never in a month of Sundays.

only colccini and owen came out with any credit. butt was at least as good as the rest and crtainly better than guthrie,n'zogbia,ameobi and edgar

How was Butt better than Guthrie and Edgar? Aye, neither of those two were particularly good, but Guthrie atleast showed some endeavour, was still spreading the play wide far better than Butt. Edgar was out of his depth but got forward well and put in some decent tackles.

And for what it's worth, i thought Coloccini was as shite as the rest of them. King was one step ahead of him constantly in the first half.

wouldn't really disagree with that to a point, even though this is my thread bumped. A more relevant thread would be the 'rusty cogs in the engine room' but the search engine appears to be knackered so I ca'nt find it.

Basically, not enough legs in midfield today.

Like Kev even knew who Xisco was.

The lad was in the right place to score the rebound how about we dont judge a player one game in?

Mind you how Ameobi gets picked i'll never know much better to give some of the out of contract kids a go.

I knew Ameobi would be playing for some reason - he always gets played when a manager goes the coaches seem to like him??? hes useless with him in the squad you know you are not going to win.

Butt is shit aswell.  rather have guthrie do his role and play someone else.

• 1 month later...
Guest Heneage

I know we can play What if's for years to come but why did Butt trip on the edge, with the wind and closeness is it not just like a penalty I debate if Diouf puts it wide.

I know we can play What if's for years to come but why did Butt trip on the edge, with the wind and closeness is it not just like a penalty I debate if Diouf puts it wide.

Come on, Diouf was in. What's to say Richardson doesn't whack the free-kick over? It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

He was poor apart from that btw.

Guest Heneage

Come on, Diouf was in. What's to say Richardson doesn't whack the free-kick over? It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

He was poor apart from that btw.

Dunno.