Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Anybody who thinks Zarate is "class" and worth anything over £4-5m has been watching too much MOTD. Watch him through a match and you'll see he is extremely greedy and actually no better than average. Apart from his goal he did f*** all for Birmingham at Reading on Saturday.

quoted for greatness 

O0

Would try for Bentley or SWP and think at the right price Darren Bent would be worth a gamble

When he scored with that header against us yesterday. I thought exactly the same but outside of the goal I was very unimpressed, touch seemed heavy at times and often fails to see the best option.

KK however could be just the manager to mould him. Spurs would not let him go for anything under 10mill IMO and even then it would be a huge loss for them.

Sky Sports reckon were interested in Zarate:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3369471,00.html

"Blues boss Alex McLeish is now considering his options, but he will be aware of the rival interest which is now emerging.

Newcastle, who made a late bid in January to land him, Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester City and Sunderland are all believed to be keeping a very close eye on the situation."

Darren Bent - £10m

Ben Haim - £1m max

Wayne Bridge - £7m

Luis Fabiano - £10-15m

Jose Reyes - £5m

then we will need a good defensive midfielder aged between 20-30 who can have a good future at the club

Maybe we will need european football to sign a player like fabiano and reyes, but its worth a gamble, worst that can happen is they say 'no'

Personally I think Fabiano is overrated, and Bridge is still living off the reputation he carved in his good seasons with Southampton and Chelsea. I think Enrique is better and is a more viable long-term option since he's got all the attributes a good fullback needs, and he's shown a marked improvement since Keegan came (no surprise really since he's actually been played!). I'm sure Keegan will encourage him to be more attack-minded in time, which is the only part missing from his game.

I don't see how Fabiano is overrated. The guy has 22 league goals this season and has always had a good scoring record, but on the other hand everyone knows he's not Samuel Eto'o. I think the likes of Fabiano are probably out of our league at the moment, we can't turn our noses up at him like we can do better.

I don't see how Fabiano is overrated. The guy has 22 league goals this season and has always had a good scoring record, but on the other hand everyone knows he's not Samuel Eto'o. I think the likes of Fabiano are probably out of our league at the moment, we can't turn our noses up at him like we can do better.

Apart from this season he's been average in the top leagues.

I also cannot see him working well in this league, massive gamble imo

Would hope we're having a look at this guy from france who could be the new drogba, certainly got the build and seems to be doing well for a small team, all seems good for him at the mo!

I think dean ashton would be a great singing but only at the right price, none of this over priced english crap, 7 - 8 mil tops!

If west ham are looking over the odds then I'd be going for Crouch, who surely will be available in the summer!

Could really see him fitting into to our new style of play, replacing Viduka. One of Crouchs best skills is holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Bentley is and obvious wishlister, and for a defencive midfielder (a must purchase IMO) i would love to see us try for Diaby from Arsenal.

Surely must be sick of not getting a goos run in the first team yet looks class every time I see him, but if Flamini were to go it might be difficult.

As for the Zarate link, I would like to think 10 mil could get us a more proven player, surely Diego could be got for in and around that?

Even this |Arshavin, got great reports on him!

Luis Fabiano would be a good option if Keegan plans to continue with 3 strikers.. in Viduka's role.. it's just that he seems to me like the type of player that would flop here..

as for our 'pulling power' i believe that if Ashley is willing to splash big in the summer, we'll have a decent pool of players to choose from as long as the (other) top clubs in europe don't go for them too..

many players wouldn't care that the team they're going to couldn't string 3 passes for years, as long as you offer them decent enough salary and maybe some sort of a side payment for the agent.. i trust in Wise, Jimenez and that lanky guy to know how it's done.. and i trust in Keegan to filter the suggestions adequately, because agent-driven buys and absurd salaries didn't do us the world of good before..

Would hope we're having a look at this guy from france who could be the new drogba, certainly got the build and seems to be doing well for a small team, all seems good for him at the mo!

I think dean ashton would be a great singing but only at the right price, none of this over priced english crap, 7 - 8 mil tops!

If west ham are looking over the odds then I'd be going for Crouch, who surely will be available in the summer!

Could really see him fitting into to our new style of play, replacing Viduka. One of Crouchs best skills is holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Bentley is and obvious wishlister, and for a defencive midfielder (a must purchase IMO) i would love to see us try for Diaby from Arsenal.

Surely must be sick of not getting a goos run in the first team yet looks class every time I see him, but if Flamini were to go it might be difficult.

As for the Zarate link, I would like to think 10 mil could get us a more proven player, surely Diego could be got for in and around that?

Even this |Arshavin, got great reports on him!

Crouch or Ashton would be a good buy imo, solid and proven replacements for Viduka who I rate but I think he's off in the summer.

I don't see Diaby as a DMC tbh and Flamini will either stay with Arse or go abroad - no chance of him coming to us. Someone in the mold of Muamba would be perfect - young enough to learn from Butt and, imo, is a decent prospect and player.

Bentley's close to signing a new contract with Blackburn so I guess that writes him off but I'd fancy Lennon for £8 mill if he's available in the summer - he carries a much bigger threat with his that pace of his, something we need in the squad for next season even more so should Zog leave.

I'd rather take a gamble on someone like him than go for proven mediocrity like Dean Ashton.

I'd rather take a gamble on someone like him than go for proven mediocrity like Dean Ashton.

I'm not putting forward Dean Ashton, never have since he left Crewe, that would be the only time i'd have went for him.

Guest torontoon

Berbatov in the summer PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

[How about a virtual swop Zog for Berbatov and give them a couple of mil?/quote]

I don't see Diaby as a DMC tbh and Flamini will either stay with Arse or go abroad - no chance of him coming to us. Someone in the mold of Muamba would be perfect - young enough to learn from Butt and, imo, is a decent prospect and player.

He wasn't suggesting that Flamini would come to Newcastle.  He was saying that if Flamini left Arsenal then it may be more difficult to get Diaby because he may start to get a game much more often for Arsenal.

He wasn't suggesting that Flamini would come to Newcastle.  He was saying that if Flamini left Arsenal then it may be more difficult to get Diaby because he may start to get a game much more often for Arsenal.

Ah my mistake.

El-Hadji Diouf says he wants to leave Bolton.  Would you want him at Newcaslte?

He probably wants to leave because the other players have started complaining that he's doing nothing. Exactly the type we don't want here.

Guest jcricthon

???Hahnemann???

Beye  Faye    Bordon/P. Cannavaro    Enrique/Shorey

Muamba/Appiah

Bentley                Zog/Elano

Owen/Diego

Martins      Crouch

A god few quality players in there for next season maybe?