Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Nicko:

"The ´news´ is this:

JOAQUIN - Rovers are watching him and that is one of the tales in the morning. I don´t think they have bid and the price seems high. But they are looking and there is a chance. Sounds like Valencia want to cash in. The chief scout has watched his last two games...that is not a coincidence. I believe they went to watch Zigic and Newcastle, saw this guy and went to the game with Real Madrid on Sunday. That sounds like an interest to me, but probably not a bid already.

Posted on a Blackburn forum.

Whoever this star signing is (if it happens) i'm pretty sure it'll be a creative midfielder.

Bids for Modric and Aimar show that a playmaker is very much top of our agenda so i'm excited to see who the club bring in.

My major concern is that Michael Owen is the wow signing and we'll have to make do with an OK CM signing

Gutierrez wowed me enough on Sunday tbh, looking forward to seeing what he can do this season after an impressive start.

Dunno why there's this obsession with bringing in huge names. If they're good players, it doesn't matter whether people say 'wow' or not.

9.32 Real Mallorca midfielder Borja Valero is understood to be closing in on a move to West Brom. Reports suggest he has passed a medical and is set to join for 6million euros (£4.7million).

9.32 Real Mallorca midfielder Borja Valero is understood to be closing in on a move to West Brom. Reports suggest he has passed a medical and is set to join for 6million euros (£4.7million).

Have we been linked with him?

Have we been linked with him?

Was rumoured to be one of the two Mallorca players Alan Oliver claimed Keegan wanted a second look at. Along with Trejo.

Arshavin pissed about and now he can rot in russia for all i or the premiership cares.

dont want him here.

The only thing now holding the Arshavin to Spurs deal is finalising the agreement of the ITKs.

whey they missed doing it on 08/08/08.  When is the next planet alignment/solar eclipse?

Can't happen without some sort of mystical natural occuranece.

Tiago on his way to Everton according to Italian reports

Mail says he's turned them down according to SSN.

"Despite lengthy negotiations with Juventus over Tiago, and appearing to be on the verge of agreeing a fee for a season-long loan, Everton chiefs were rocked by claims the former Chelsea midfielder had no intention of returning to England."

Would rule out us too then, if we are to believe that.

Everton To Miss Out Again On Moutinho & Tiago?

Premiership Latest, UK - 31 minutes ago

Everton boss David Moyes is facing more heartache in the transfer market, with it seeming like the Merseyside club are to miss out on Portuguese pair Tiago

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/everton-miss-out-again-moutinho-tiago-5513147.html

Taken from the mail i believe. It also says he doesn't fancy a move to england.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug19c.html

Everton ‘agree’ Tiago deal 

Tuesday 19 August, 2008

Italian Press reports suggest that Everton have reached an agreement with Juventus for unsettled midfield flop Tiago Mendes.

The Portuguese international had high hopes when he joined the Old Lady from Lyon this time last year, but his first season in Turin was a nightmare.

After a series of unconvincing performances, the ex-Chelsea man dropped down the pecking order and was banished to the bench.

With the arrival of Momo Sissoko in January and Christian Poulsen this summer, Tiago looks still less likely to command a starting spot and has allegedly vacated his house in Italy.

After unsuccessful negotiations with Tottenham and Newcastle, Juve seem to have reached an agreement with Everton for a loan deal with the option to make the switch permanent in the summer of 2009.

Everton would pay around £800,000 for the loan and would pay Tiago’s wages of £1.8m for 12 months.

The fee for a permanent transfer is yet to be confirmed but it is likely to be in the region of £8m.

Cutting Tiago out of the squad may allow the Bianconeri to return to the market and there are regular links with Inter star Dejan Stankovic and wantaway Lazio ace Cristian Ledesma.

Not that arsed about Tiago. Would have been a good addition in a needed area but i believe there are better players out there for us.

Have to say i'd have liked him only on loan but I think Saviola is the better prospect, Can play as striker or attacking midfield.

We'd only really need a powerhouse in a holding midfield role and a left back.

Ideal situation is Saviola, Attacking midfielder, Holding Midfielder and left back but a bit of a big ask in 2 weeks unless the deals have been worked on for sometime.

Guest neesy111

Tiago to Everton, Juve go in for Alonso and Liverpool finally gets Barry?

aye, it tooks something like that to kick the market into action which it needs to