Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Having read what Ashley's had to say I'm convinced we'll bring in a big name attacker in the next 2 1/2 weeks tbh

Convincing yourself of things like that will only leave you disappointed if they don't happen.

Having read what Ashley's had to say I'm convinced we'll bring in a big name attacker in the next 2 1/2 weeks tbh

Convincing yourself of things like that will only leave you disappointed if they don't happen.

I dont particularly want a big name. I just want a solid defender and 2 capable attacking players. If we dont get these, then yes I will be disappointed

Tiago is a realistic move I reckon.

He's available, he's experienced while still being a good age and he's played in the premiership also.

Who does he play for now? I remember him being decent but not any more for Chelsea.

Tiago is a realistic move I reckon.

He's available, he's experienced while still being a good age and he's played in the premiership also.

Who does he play for now? I remember him being decent but not any more for Chelsea.

Juventus.

He not in the team then? Why's he available?

Because he's been s*** for them, moved there last Summer from Lyon (I think)

Very strange the way it all worked out at Juventus ...

He was good at Chelsea and very good at Lyon.

Supposedly available at around £7 million, which would be a great price for someone of his experience and ability.

He's very talented, still not the creative player we need though.

If we can put out a 4-2-3-1 something like the following ...

------------------Martins----------------

Duff--------------Owen----------Jonas

----------Tiago-----------Barton-------

Warnock---Faye----Coloccini---Beye

I think that we would get enough creativity and attacking ability from that lineup.

Don't know about everyone else, but I have my doubts that Owen behind Martins will work, I think Viduka was pivotal in the front three we had last year simply to hold it up and bring others into play, I don't think Oba can do that.

I'm thinking Owen will drop a bit deeper more often and Oba will be relied upon more to stretch the oppositions back four. I'm thinking Owen will continue to link things up as he did last season in that 4-2-31 formation I showed there.

I don't think Martins will have to do as much holding up as with that team the emphasis will be on passing and movement and we will do a much better job of maintaining posession and looking for effective through balls. E.g. Man United with Tevez and Rooney last year, neither of whom really hold the ball up as target men.

Tiago is crap + crap + crap... better not touch him. crap at chelsea... crap at lyon... very crap at juve... all the transfer he does is strange because always success with decent amount of money even he is so crap. i suspect he's doing some blow job service also as add-ons.

Tiago is crap + crap + crap... better not touch him. crap at chelsea... crap at lyon... very crap at juve... all the transfer he does is strange because always success with decent amount of money even he is so crap. i suspect he's doing some blow job service also as add-ons.

what s a load of $hite. He played well when he was at Chelsea given the limited opportunities he had due to Makelele ,Lampard etc being ahead of him. Mourinho didnt want to sell him and said himself he was sad reluctant to let him leave. Tiago had to leave to try and get a place on the 2006 world cup squad especially when Essien came in. He played great for Lyon too forming a good midfield partnership with Diarra in the centre.......if he was crap Juve would not have been attracted to buying him in the first place. Agreed at Juve he`s been bad though.....but so are many players who make the move to Serie A (just not suited to serie a).Their other signing Sergio Almiron who moved for big money has not lived up to expectations too last season

Would be nice to try a sneaky loan deal first

what s a load of $hite. He played well when he was at Chelsea given the limited opportunities he had due to Makelele ,Lampard etc being ahead of him. Mourinho didnt want to sell him and said himself he was sad reluctant to let him leave. Tiago had to leave to try and get a place on the 2006 world cup squad especially when Essien came in. He played great for Lyon too forming a good midfield partnership with Diarra in the centre.......if he was crap Juve would not have been attracted to buying him in the first place. Agreed at Juve he`s been bad though.....but so are many players who make the move to Serie A (just not suited to serie a).Their other signing Sergio Almiron who moved for big money has not lived up to expectations too last season

Would be nice to try a sneaky loan deal first

wait till he get transferred.... smith mk. II or worst

Don't know about everyone else, but I have my doubts that Owen behind Martins will work, I think Viduka was pivotal in the front three we had last year simply to hold it up and bring others into play, I don't think Oba can do that.

Totally agree. I know he did well there for 6-8 games at the back end of last season, but you don't play Owen there full-time. Best goalscorer at the club by a long way so you play him as one of two strikers alongside Martins/Viduka.

agreed