Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Just judging by Shearer's body language, facial expression and tone of voice there seemed something amiss. I hope there's not like because Martins can still be vital to us.

It was just this morning Al was in the papers singing his praises.

No doubt we'll all be listening raptly to Shearer's comments on the situation in his post-match interview.

If we indeed were forced into that bastardized 3-5-2 because Martins was feigning injury, he should be training with the reserves until the summer and shipped out to the first club of asking.

Could have sent us down today.

Just judging by Shearer's body language, facial expression and tone of voice there seemed something amiss. I hope there's not like because Martins can still be vital to us.

It was just this morning Al was in the papers singing his praises.

Agree with that like.

I'm still failing to find a motive.

He's just stupid, has no footballing brain and doesn't understand why he won't get to play.

I don't agree with the action he took, but I can see his point. Tell me what Owen offered today, at least Oba has pace that could have troubled them in behind. I used to be a fan of Owen as he was very sharp and a lethal striker, but today it was Owen not Ranger who's lack of physical presence I worried about, he was bossed around like he was 12.

No. Oba has no point. He was starting. He was a significant part of the team today. And he didn't show up. Either he was injured, or he's in a lot of trouble. He's making enough money to be okay with starting, while not being the main man. Got to say I was stunned when I got back from church and all of this had happened. We maybe could have won if he and Jonas played (didn't see the match, so don't judge me if I'm way off base)

I'm still failing to find a motive.

He's just stupid, has no footballing brain and doesn't understand why he won't get to play.

I don't agree with the action he took, but I can see his point. Tell me what Owen offered today, at least Oba has pace that could have troubled them in behind. I used to be a fan of Owen as he was very sharp and a lethal striker, but today it was Owen not Ranger who's lack of physical presence I worried about, he was bossed around like he was 12.

Owen isn't a one-man wonder. He needs to be fed balls to get goals, he wasn't, as our midfield is shite. So he's forced to track back to win the balls himself, and when he does that, there's no Owen up front to pass to. Hence he tends to appear invisible for most of the matches, though if given the ball in a good position, he will score. And that's what makes a good striker.

Martins against Chelsea was twice in a position where there was no chance for him to score, yet he fired a shot. When if he'd had awareness, he would have seen Owen wide open with Cech following Martins leaving 2/3rds of the goal open to the left, twice, and flicked the ball to him instead of shooting. He didn't. He's an egoistical player who isn't good enough for the Premier League, or at least not built for it. He'd be much more suited to the Serie A.

No doubt we'll all be listening raptly to Shearer's comments on the situation in his post-match interview.

If we indeed were forced into that bastardized 3-5-2 because Martins was feigning injury, he should be training with the reserves until the summer and shipped out to the first club of asking.

I got the idea that Shola was simply Martins direct replacement. The formation didn't change. That's what I got at least.

Even if he did feign injury, we'll have to deal with it in another way. We just can't afford to lose him now.

I got the idea that Shola was simply Martins direct replacement. The formation didn't change. That's what I got at least.

Shearer said himself before the game that all 3 would have started (Oba, Shola and Owen).

tbf to martins he's had groin trouble all season and even had an op on his hernia a couple of months back so it is not infeasible. shearer's demeanour means that he thinks there is something up but ultimately what is done is done, you cant prove anything either way so it is going to be crucial how he reacts to this.

Shearer said himself before the game that all 3 would have started (Oba, Shola and Owen).

i reckon it wouldve been what that lad (winn) posted in the pre match thread. everything else was right, even the back three.

Even if he did feign injury, we'll have to deal with it in another way. We just can't afford to lose him now.

Bullshit we can't. If he plays again after feigning injury and destroying our tactical shape, that would seriously undermine Shearer's leadership.

Ah. I misunderstood that then. It will be interesting to see who his replacement was then. Surprised that Jonas didn't have a place, even with Oba's rubbish. It's very important to have at least one of them in the imo. The reports say we were pinned in our own half in the first period. So Jonas would have been crucial.

Guest neesy111

if martins has faked an injury, then he should be docked all his pay for the rest of the season and shipped out to the first club for as much as we'll get for him

and he's done this before for nigeria

Bullshit we can't. If he plays again after feigning injury and destroying our tactical shape, that would seriously undermine Shearer's leadership.

What does the club need right now? Our pride (and Shearer's), or players capable of making a difference?

What does the club need right now? Our pride (and Shearer's), or players capable of making a difference?

Are you sane?

What kind of message do you think it sends out to the players if Shearer says "okay Oba, you feigned injury but I'm going to start you every week anyway because we've got nowt better."

id rather martins carroll up front for the remaining games than owen the way he got pushed around wat a pussy

At least he showed up to play.

As i said on another thread he won a header against faye in this game, you cannt claim he got pushed around.

He can only do so much, he needs the ball played to him somehow. I see him making the runs, he tries like crazy.......he had to drop back into midfield to get it today. Guti found his runs a few times in the 2nd half

I'm sorry, but theres no way he feigned the injury. I think Shearer is disappointed with the fact that he didn't go with the squad and had a fitness test, and that it was unprofessional but i seriously doubt that he feigned an injury, Martins loves this club and hes stated it time after time. I jut think it was pure unprofessionalism from his part, but we'll see him on the bench.

Beg your pardon but...Shearer's what? Shearer's leadership? Are you sure about that?  :kinnear:

I'm sorry, but theres no way he feigned the injury. I think Shearer is disappointed with the fact that he didn't go with the squad and had a fitness test, and that it was unprofessional but i seriously doubt that he feigned an injury, Martins loves this club and hes stated it time after time. I jut think it was pure unprofessionalism from his part, but we'll see him on the bench.

Every footballer does say they love the club and the fans of the club they play for though, doesn't necessarily mean he means it.

Guest neesy111

hmm, did the players travel down today, that isn't good pepperation imo

cos i thought we would have stayed in a hotel since it's a good 4 hour drive there