Obafemi Martins

Wullie

seems strange as to why he'd pull out when he didn't miss the game, he was in the stands.

Chances are we were down there last night so he'd hardly travel back by himself.

I know but what's the gain from that? I'd be more suspicious of feigning if he'd missed it altogether but on the day? Very strange indeed.

seems strange as to why he'd pull out when he didn't miss the game, he was in the stands.

Chances are we were down there last night so he'd hardly travel back by himself.

I know but what's the gain from that? I'd be more suspicious of feigning if he'd missed it altogether but on the day? Very strange indeed.

Didn't the same happen with Bellamy at Arsenal? He still sat in the dugout iirc.

Guest firetotheworks

How f***ing long must it have taken him to do that though? He had 100's of fans, must have taken him so much time to go through it all.

Maybe he has a niche fetish for deleting facebook friends with his cock, and that's how he got his injury?

How f***ing long must it have taken him to do that though? He had 100's of fans, must have taken him so much time to go through it all.

Maybe he has a niche fetish for deleting facebook friends with his cock, and that's how he got his injury?

Tbf, it could be that he just wanted to remove all the people he didn't actually know and the timing is just a coincidence.

Tbf, it could be that he just wanted to remove all the people he didn't actually know and the timing is just a coincidence.

He is still in my list of friends  :snod:

Guest firetotheworks

He is still in my list of friends  :snod:

Which one? Obafemi Martins or Oba Martins? Obafemi Martins is the one that isn't real.

He's deleted me as well, though i wonder how the fuck he'd know who the NUFC fans on his friendslist were. I mean, at the mo I got nowt on it making it obvious, he would have had to look at my photos for evidence of my allegiance. For all he know I could've just been a fan of his. Proves to show he's a cunt.

Edit: didn't see Haircuts post.

No real loss, he's been crap most of this season,  i've questioned his commitment to the cause and his desire since he took months to return from his hernia op,  he went to the same doctor in Germany for the same operation that Shearer, Bellamy, Given all had and they were all back playing inside 2 weeks!!!

Call me a fanboy, but if he's kicking up a stink i'd rather - FOR ONCE - we didn't simply give up hope and disband one of our most talented players. See if the situation is recoverable; if not - say seeya later in the summer. If his head has already gone (which, i admit, it may have) - let him go, but if this guy can be salvaged then i say we do absolutely everything to keep him. I still think he's a quality player, with faults.

No real loss, he's been crap most of this season,  i've questioned his commitment to the cause and his desire since he took months to return from his hernia op,  he went to the same doctor in Germany for the same operation that Shearer, Bellamy, Given all had and they were all back playing inside 2 weeks!!!

I think it's ridiculous that you can give up on one of our best players.

I was worried about how Oba would react when all Shearer's attention seemed to be on what Michael Owen could do for us when he took over, and Oba didn't get a mention.

I still think Shearer can manage Oba effectively and get him firing for us this season. I still think we are going to need him.

Hopefully it was a genuine injury (the Shearer quotes suggest so tbh) and he's back soon because we need his pace in the squad at least.

He has to start fucking performing very soon though.

Guest Heneage

Hopefully it was a genuine injury (the Shearer quotes suggest so tbh) and he's back soon because we need his pace in the squad at least.

He has to start f***ing performing very soon though.

It appears you aren't a fan of Martins Dave. What if he was given a chance with Carroll who today showed he can actually flick the ball in the direction of his strike partner.

He has to start f***ing performing very soon though.

It appears you aren't a fan of Martins Dave. What if he was given a chance with Carroll who today showed he can actually flick the ball in the direction of his strike partner.

Probably wouldn't help because running into channels is to Martins what hitting accurate long passes is to Nicky Butt.

It's like he doesn't want to use his pace to get on the end of through balls. No, that would be too easy wouldn't it.

Time to ship out in the summer, even if we manage to stay up.

We have to try and sign players with more desire to play for us. We did it before when we first came up in Cole/Lee etc and so should look  to do that  again.

Sick and tired of players spitting out dummies, they arent going to be around to pick up the pieces. We on the other hand  are.

By the way, I think somebody in the match thread mentioned that he'd deleted all of his friends on Facebook who were Newcastle fans?

Think that makes it pretty obvious where his intentions lie...

Good, i feel ashamed that this kid pulls on the number 9 shirt previously worn by legends such as Kelly, Cole, Les and Shearer.

Agreed - he's not in the same street as ANY of those players ; Cole was a far better striker, Kelly's work-rate and movement left Martins for dead, and both Sir Les and Shearer were much better target-men.

All of them were far more intelligent in their play than Martins, who I continue to believe is highly-over-rated by many on here.