Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Carrol......Ranger

.........Owen........

Duff............Jonas..

.........Barton........

:smitten:

Oba has practically counted himself out of the running for us now. If that is how he feels when we need him most then he is welcome to piss off to Chievo or somewhere.

From what Al's said, he might just still try 4-3-3 with both Carroll & Shola upfront. Owen behind.

Wouldnt be that bad

:lol: You what? The reason it worked so well last season was because we had pace up there too.

Biggest reason it worked last season was just Owen being able to find space. He saved us with his movement not martins with his pace most of the time.

If Martins is out injured, im saying it wouldnt be that bad.

Carroll will be useful, Shola will be pulling a defender away & owen will get space.

why dont you just shove your cock up his arse when he's not looking?

Owen has 1 goal in his last 13 now yet you still talk about him as if he's the man to save us, absolutely pathetic

A pathetic comment to be honest. If we had any creativity in midfield that could supply chances for Owen I'm confident he would score the goals we need.

The crux of the problem is our midfield is shite, not Owen!

From what Al's said, he might just still try 4-3-3 with both Carroll & Shola upfront. Owen behind.

Wouldnt be that bad

:lol: You what? The reason it worked so well last season was because we had pace up there too.

Biggest reason it worked last season was just Owen being able to find space. He saved us with his movement not martins with his pace most of the time.

Carroll will be useful, Shola will be pulling a defender away & owen will get space.

Owen has 1 goal in his last 13 now yet you still talk about him as if he's the man to save us, absolutely pathetic

A pathetic comment to be honest. If we had any creativity in midfield that could supply chances for Owen I'm confident he would score the goals we need.

What's the point in playing him if he needs a supply line we can't provide?

Wouldnt be that bad

What's the point in playing him if he needs a supply line we can't provide?

I consider Guthrie as central to our survival because he is the only central midfielder we have who can provide a telling pass, and I still believe that we can play our way out of the shite we are in.

What are your alternatives?

The suggestion after the game was Martins had overslept, breaking a regimented routine implemented by Shearer, so fabricating the groin injury as a cover-up.

Dismissing the threat of disciplinary action, Shearer added: "No, he didn't sleep in at all. That's not true.

"We met just after 11 o'clock, so he never broke any curfews or anything like that.

"I personally spoke to him and I'll speak to him again tomorrow morning, and we'll have another look at him."

Asked whether he believed Martins' story, Shearer said: "You have to," only to then underline his displeasure at the situation.

"I wasn't happy I got the call at 11 o'clock, particularly after we had trained all Thursday and Friday, had massages Friday evening, and there was no sign of it.

"But it's happened and we're hopeful it's not going to be too serious because he has a big part to play."

It required an 81st-minute header from substitute Andy Carroll to give Shearer his first point as Magpies manager after Stoke captain and former United old boy Abdoulaye Faye had opened the scoring.

Shearer certainly felt Martins' absence was a significant loss as he pointedly remarked: "Possibly we could have won the game if he had been fit."

Taken from:  http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/04/12/SOCCER_Newcastle_Martins.html&TEAMHD=soccer

you lads seem to be missing the point that Owen isn't contributing everything, his presence on the pitch is essentially putting us at a massive disadvantage

lets see if idiots like Jayson are still singing his praises when we get relegated

you lads seem to be missing the point that Owen isn't contributing everything, his presence on the pitch is essentially putting us at a massive disadvantage

Have you come around to that way of thinking for Colo & Cacapa yet?

They way the rest of your post sounds you make out you will enjoy winning a post battle with Jayson & others on the back of us going down.

Guest Heneage

How about you keep the discussion mature?

To be fair his point is valid, but I agree with his execution lacking maturity.

Hopefully Martins stops being a baby.

Yes, he should be our goalkeeper, defence, midfield and strike force. How useless.

What confuses me about the Martins injury is this:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1624620,00.html

He just said he woke up late and had a sore groin, the medical staff saw him and he wasn't fit to play. We've asked him to explain it, and we'll look at him further in the morning.

So there was an injury?

Dave. 

Think it through.

If there was an injury he wouldn't have deleted all those people off facebook. 

The only logical conclusion is he faked the injury, hates the club, shearer, the fans and wants to leave. :lol:

He just said he woke up late and had a sore groin, the medical staff saw him and he wasn't fit to play. We've asked him to explain it, and we'll look at him further in the morning.

So there was an injury?

Dave. 

Think it through.

If there was an injury he wouldn't have deleted all those people off facebook. 

The only logical conclusion is he faked the injury, hates the club, shearer, the fans and wants to leave. :lol:

:laugh:

So there was an injury?

Maybe looking to deeply but the wording suggests something was wrong..... still pissed / hungover?

About as valid as when he claimed the same last season and owen ended up saving our asses with 6 in 8. Yeah what a genius.

Guest Heneage

About as valid as when he claimed the same last season and owen ended up saving our asses with 6 in 8. Yeah what a genius.

Massive difference, in that team we had good players around him that meant his only need was to apply a finish, he's missed a fair few sitters this year and we can't allow for passengers with just one asset we don't have the quality.

Guest Stephen927

Martins should know better. If he's got an injury problem he should report it straight away. He's been in the game long enough.

Massive difference, in that team we had good players around him that meant his only need was to apply a finish, he's missed a fair few sitters this year and we can't allow for passengers with just one asset we don't have the quality.

He missed a few sitters last season. Only difference in squad last season was Faye, Barton & viduka playing. Carroll can fill vidukas boots, bassong..faye's & perhaps Guthrie...Bartons. Though i agree getting Barton back is key.

We still have the players though. I fail to see how its a sound point to say lets give up on owen when we havent even had the chance to implement the system that he fit into perfectly last season. Shearer himself has said they were training with 4-3-3 so we were about to give it a go...as i say it went a bit wrong with martins going out.

Where ronaldos going wrong is his endless hate of owen, as if everything is down to him. Pretty clear that even if theres no way owen could possibly be effective in our side.....(based on nothing & pretty unlikely), its certainly not his fault but rather the way we're playing.