Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

hung out to dry? Shearer's career would been over at 25

If, and I'll say it again if, he went out to get him then yes, and it doesn't make it any better what somebody else may or may not have done something in the past, I'd say the same if one our players had done it.

I've just seen a pic of this (don't ask, I can't) and trust me, it is a career ender

Worse than Busst.

I hate it when stuff like this happens  :weep:

Where is the break though? Middle of the leg? around the ankle? Or around the knee?

Really hope he's okay.

And now of course the bastards are winning to rub salt in the wound, and of course make things even scarier for us.

The break is just above the ankle.

It will turn up on the web soon enough, but fucking norah, they're not exaggerating.

Bad news. Having said that, I hope there isn't an overreaction to this.

IMHO if someone goes in with the express intention of kicking an opponent and does him serious damage whether intential or not he should be hung out to dry. Video replays can help distinguish between genuine attempted tackles and kicks at attackers to rough them up a bit.

I've just seen a pic of this (don't ask, I can't) and trust me, it is a career ender

Worse than Busst.

I hate it when stuff like this happens  :weep:

Where is the break though? Middle of the leg? around the ankle? Or around the knee?

Really hope he's okay.

And now of course the bastards are winning to rub salt in the wound, and of course make things even scarier for us.

The break is just above the ankle.

It will turn up on the web soon enough, but f****** norah, they're not exaggerating.

That is not good, but you never know. Hopefully it looks worse than what it is.

Having severe damage around the joints is generally not great though.

I hate the way no oname shit players can just fuck up a good players career like this, with one wreckless challenge. Just a lack of respect for fellow pros. Harsher penalties certainly need to be dished out for crap like this.

I have also seen the Brummie photo. Fucking fucking horrible. Just going by that one shot, I'd say his career's over.

Good to know I'm not exaggerating - the link i saw is now down - but as Keefaz says, it is worse than that one. Can't see how he can possibly come back from that kind of injury

Regarding punishment, I'd agree with Mick to some extent, if you commit a red card offence that injures someone, you should be made to sit out for as long as that player up to a maximum of six months, and if the players career is ended you should be made to pay them 25% of your wages for the rest of your football career.

That looks like a fucking ridiculous challenge to me!!!

Seriously what the fuck kind of challenge is that?!!!!

Two feet studs up? Ban the fucker for the rest of the season, that is seriously bullshit!

Studs up, sliding tackle onto a standing leg is what it is. He might've been trying to play the ball, but this is what can happen if you get it wrong.