Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Lyon president looking for €8-10m...

£6.9m - £8.6m, the man's pissed.  I suppose he's just trying to get as much as possible, but he'd be extremely fortunate to get a fee that even approaches the lower estimate.

Do anybody know where Gomis is ? Is he's in France, Portugal or Newcastle?

Bognor Regis.

Stopping at Butlin's. Has tickets for Bobby Davro and friends tonight and is currently involved in 6 houses of bingo.

Guest Recoba

There is a reason why he has never left France but I think he just got a good contract with Lyon which made staying in France financially ok for him.  I do not see him as a Peguy Luyindula.  If Shola is one level and Drogba is another I think it is fair to say Gomis is somewhere inbetween. His overall play is much stronger than Cisse.

I like Gomis, he has a bit of charisma, appears to be a bit of a leader.  I think he would suit the Premiership abd would do well for us.

For €4m, Gomis would be absolutely excellent business. He's powerful, strong in the air, intelligent with his movement and holds the ball up well. If Pardew is insistent on playing two up front, then Gomis would be ideal to pair with Cisse/Bent.

I think I'd prefer Gignac based purely on what I've seen.

Gignac would be just as good tbf. Excellent last season, too many people slating him based on old perceptions. Either would be an improvement on what we have now.