Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest bimpy474

Maybe we could use the £2m earmarked for Bent to...

Nah never mind.

And bankrupt the club? Yeah great idea that Dave. :rolleyes:

I really shouldn't even bother here like but clearly finding an extra couple of million for Gomis isn't the issue, the issue is what we think he's worth.

And if they want more than we think he's worth? What will we do then? I know, we'll either buy nobody or somebody we rate less. And people like you think this is a great idea because then you've got "value" - meanwhile plenty of other clubs have paid the going rate for the players they actually wanted.

Something Ashley and our club seem to forget is, when you want another clubs player you may have to pay more than you think he's worth, seeing the seller doesn't want to sell generally and have there own valuation.

By Ashley's standards we've offered a bloody fortune for Gomis considering he's available for free in 12 months time. Especially in the context of the ridiculous bid for Bent.

We are a bit of an oddity, we bid high for Remy last season, De Jong too, we seem to ok with high bids when it suits, but the middling to lower bids we piss about for the sake of a million or two.

Would Remy and Gomis both be interested in joining?

Presumably both would want first team football so they are in with a chance of being selected for the France team in Brazil, but it would be hard to offer them both a place in the first team I'd imagine.

Guest taps01

Presumably both would want first team football so they are in with a chance of being selected for the France team in Brazil, but it would be hard to offer them both a place in the first team I'd imagine.

Footballers generally have an overinflated opinion of themselves so I'm sure both would back themselves to nail down a starting place week in week out.

Footballers generally have an overinflated opinion of themselves so I'm sure both would back themselves to nail down a starting place week in week out.

Provided Remy doesnt mind playing wide left there is no reason we cant use them all.

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Sissoko

Gomis  Cisse  Remy

Christ that looks awesome.

I'd prefer to have Ben Arfa higher up the pitch tbh, and I think a forward three of him, Cissé and Remy would be the best we could play. Sissoko Anita Cabaye in midfield.

Gomis would still get plenty of games when we've got injuries or want to change the game and go 4-4-2, so I still very much like to sign him. Also, isn't he much more suited to playing a central role?

Maybe we could use the £2m earmarked for Bent to...

Nah never mind.

And bankrupt the club? Yeah great idea that Dave. :rolleyes:

I really shouldn't even bother here like but clearly finding an extra couple of million for Gomis isn't the issue, the issue is what we think he's worth.

And if they want more than we think he's worth? What will we do then? I know, we'll either buy nobody or somebody we rate less. And people like you think this is a great idea because then you've got "value" - meanwhile plenty of other clubs have paid the going rate for the players they actually wanted.

Something Ashley and our club seem to forget is, when you want another clubs player you may have to pay more than you think he's worth, seeing the seller doesn't want to sell generally and have there own valuation.

By Ashley's standards we've offered a bloody fortune for Gomis considering he's available for free in 12 months time. Especially in the context of the ridiculous bid for Bent.

We are a bit of an oddity, we bid high for Remy last season, De Jong too, we seem to ok with high bids when it suits, but the middling to lower bids we piss about for the sake of a million or two.

I don't think there's much odd about it. We do actually bid the 'going rate' (whatever that means) when we have competition or we agree with the valuation.

I'd be happy to wager the French reports that we we bid more than whatever Borussia Dortmund ended up paying for Aubameyang were spot on.

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Sissoko

Gomis  Cisse  Remy

Christ that looks awesome.

I'd prefer to have Ben Arfa higher up the pitch tbh, and I think a forward three of him, Cissé and Remy would be the best we could play. Sissoko Anita Cabaye in midfield.

Gomis would still get plenty of games when we've got injuries or want to change the game and go 4-4-2, so I still very much like to sign him. Also, isn't he much more suited to playing a central role?

More likely to be

Sissoko  Cabaye

Ben Arfa                Cisse          Remy

Gomis

Either way we would get butt raped every time the opposition attacks. Sexy though.

I actually thought his workrate and alround play was good last season when he had to play wide or having to come deeper due to our ineptitude. He is at his most lethal when given space rather than being a target man, thought gomis would be that guy to open things up for him. I think they can be interchangeable and can compliment each other.

Why doesn't it look awesome? The three up top interchanging, plenty of creativity in the midfield. Not perfect but a million miles better than the rubbish we've seen in the last year.

Aye but I wouldn't label anything that's potentially better than our recent mess "awesome". There's no dynamic in that front three. Neither Gomis nor Cisse are able to do a job out wide. Both are central strikers who thrive off good service. I'd rather have Gouffran than Gomis out wide.

Why doesn't it look awesome? The three up top interchanging, plenty of creativity in the midfield. Not perfect but a million miles better than the rubbish we've seen in the last year.

Gomis would be even worse than Cisse at RW imo. The fact he was caught offside more than Cisse last season should tell you the type of plaer he is (target man, on the shoulder of the defence) rather than a player who is comfortable with the ball at his feet with a range of passing like Remy (who would be fine wide, but still not his best position)

Also if your three man midfield was a flat 3 Ben Arfa would get exposed defensively pretty frequently.

Good on paper though!

If you were the opposition you'd be shitting yourself if you had to go up against that front 6 man. Cabaye, Sissoko, HBA, Remy, Gomis and Cisse? Would be hilarious and brilliant to even see man.

If you were the opposition you'd be shitting yourself if you had to go up against that front 6 man. Cabaye, Sissoko, HBA, Remy, Gomis and Cisse? Would be hilarious and brilliant to even see man.

Whatever man

Aye if we had a decent manager to make something like that happen. We'll still play volleyball over the midfield this season man, it'll be the same as long as Pardew is here. Last season it was 'front foot football' or some other bullshit and look how that turned out? Seemingly worse than his first half season here.

The opposition would be rubbing their hands at the prospect of free access to our back four. 50% of the job of the midfield is to defend, and of the three in there, two can't defend at all and the other one seems more comfortable going forward. They'd also get very little help from the three in front of them.

There's a good article in the Wish I Was A Geordie website about how the problem with our midfield is as much the balance as the individual players. We don't seem to have it at the moment.

The opposition would be rubbing their hands at the prospect of free access to our back four. 50% of the job of the midfield is to defend, and of the three in there, two can't defend at all and the other one seems more comfortable going forward. They'd also get very little help from the three in front of them.

There's a good article in the Wish I Was A Geordie website about how the problem with our midfield is as much the balance as the individual players. We don't seem to have it at the moment.

I sort of agree but also think a lot of hte problem has been a very deep defence combined with a midfield that wants to be high up, giving other teams acres of space in between the lines and to run at our defenders at pace. Mbiwa ideally will allow us to run a higher defensive line so we can play a pressing game.

Of course that's probably not Pardew's thoughts  :lol: