Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Gomis At NEWCASTLE CAN BE ACCELERATED. Reportedly, Newcastle is preparing to make an offer of € 8,000,000 excluding bonuses at Olympique Lyonnais Bafetimbi Gomis. The Rhone president Jean-Michel Aulas seems determined to move quickly on this issue, which could even be set today.

From Eurosport.

Isn't that the offer we made already?  :lol:

Multiple bids of the same amount. Very zany.

Not sure, it could be that before we offered 8m Euro's including bonuses (as in a certain amount plus bonuses that came to a total of 8m Euro's).  While now we're offering 8m Euro's excluding bonuses, as in 8m in one go?

Sounds like Lyon may now be prepared to consider 8m plus top-ups based on appearances etc

The latest stuff is saying 8m without top ups fwiw.

Depends how you read it really.  Excluding bonuses could simply mean that's the amount before bonuses.

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like Lyon may now be prepared to consider 8m plus top-ups based on appearances etc

The latest stuff is saying 8m without top ups fwiw.

Depends how you read it really.  Excluding bonuses could simply mean that's the amount before bonuses.

True but i read excluding as not having any. Either way the longer this drags on, the less i feel we'll sign him tbh.

Fair enough, just think usually when you say I'll give you X amount including bonuses you mean the bonuses are included within the X amount.  Maybe our earlier offer was 8m including bonuses (say 7m + 1m bonuses) and its now 8m excluding bonuses (8m in one go).  Or it could be fucking anything considering how reliable the media are..  At least the fact that its still dragging on with talk from that Aulas bloke continuing and constant reports in the media at least suggests its not dead.

Guest bimpy474

Fair enough, but I think usually when you say I'll give you X amount including bonuses you mean the bonuses are included within the X amount.  The fact that its still dragging on with talk from that Aulas bloke continuing and constant reports in the media at least suggests its not dead.

Aye, i dont think it's dead as well, i just think the longer it goes the less confident i'am. Seeing as we don't have a great record with the waiting until the last minute stuff.

Guest jimmywttoonarmy

Sissoko just tweeted this:

"Great support to my brother @ BafGomis for this difficult time you hang! You are welcome to Newcastle"

Guest Povic

MS 7 ‏@ms_sissoko 35m

Un grand soutien à mon frère @BafGomis pour cette période difficile accroche toi !!! Tu est le bienvenu à Newcastle.

Google translate:

MS 7 @ ms_sissoko 35m

Great support to my brother @ BafGomis for this difficult time you hang! You are welcome to Newcastle.

(probably time you're having. but dont know french)

MS 7 ‏@ms_sissoko 35m

Un grand soutien à mon frère @BafGomis pour cette période difficile accroche toi !!! Tu est le bienvenu à Newcastle.

Google translate:

MS 7 @ ms_sissoko 35m

Great support to my brother @ BafGomis for this difficult time you hang! You are welcome to Newcastle.

:giggs:

MS 7 ‏@ms_sissoko 35m

Google translate:

MS 7 @ ms_sissoko 35m

Yeh, that's a pretty accurate translation. My girlfriend speaks French and she tells me it translates as:

Good luck to my brother @BafGomis during this tough time - hold on!! You're welcomed at Newcastle

Sounds promising, but I wont be holding my breath...

MS 7 ‏@ms_sissoko 35m

Google translate:

MS 7 @ ms_sissoko 35m

Yeh, that's a pretty accurate translation. My girlfriend speaks French and she tells me it translates as:

Good luck to my brother @BafGomis during this tough time - hold on!! You're welcomed at Newcastle

Sounds promising, but I wont be holding my breath...

Look at me, look at me, I've got a girlfriend. Pathetic.  :huff: