Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

:lol: Yay, Shola and Jonas will be on the pitch a lot again.  Sod it all. :lol:

Fuck Bent and Downing. Too English and overrated for their goals and assists to be of any use to us.

We don't need them Ronaldo, move on with your life.  Millions and millions getting paid off Ashley's loan this year, wank yourself silly.

I would have been more than happy with Bent but I'm pretty sure Downing isn't the only player in the whole world we could have signed.

Really don't get the "well hope you enjoy Jonas on the wing!!" attitude. Just because you didn't want someone you didn't rate doesn't mean you didn't want anyone.

Should we all just accept players we don't rate? especially when they are not exactly coming on the cheap, just because it is better than signing no-one? :dontknow: I don't think it is better than signing no-one, I think it's wasting money an already tight owner is already desperate not to spend in the first place and I would rather be angry about not signing someone better.

Yep don't care how much anyone rattles on about Ameobi and Gutierrez (as if Bent would be Ameobis replacement and as if we dont already have better than Gutierrez..).  If we dont bring in Gomis or someone of a similar type and quality I'll be annoyed about that, but I'll never be annoyed at ''missing out'' on Bent and Downing, quite the opposite.

Yep don't care how much anyone rattles on about Ameobi and Gutierrez (as if Bent would be Ameobis replacement and as if we dont already have better than Gutierrez..).  If we dont bring in Gomis or someone of a similar type and quality I'll be annoyed about that, but I'll never be annoyed at ''missing out'' on Bent and Downing, quite the opposite.

Why? Because it will have saved money we won't spend elsewhere?

He'd rather just sign nobody. Downing and Bent today, the next Leeds/Portsmouth tomorrow.

I doubt many if any think that but it is easy to pretend they do.

We could easily afford both and a few more on top but from what Llambias, Pardew and I think even Carr have said Ashley is a right fucking pain in the arse to get any money out of for players. Because of this I would rather us not spend £6m and £50,000 a week on Stewart Downing only for Ashley to turn around next summer saying "Well you already have this underperforming, grossly overpaid player that we only signed 12 months ago, why do you want MORE players?".

Can I not just want us to sign a better player without being told I must be happy for us to play Jonas on the wing? :lol:

I think I can fill the gap of understanding here.

We leave ourselves short in key positions transfer window after transfer window. People get relatively enthusiastic when they hear we might plug those gaps with better players, even if they're not world beaters. Most people aren't enthused with waiting around for yet another window playing the same substandard players for another 5 months. When those linked players inevitably move to another club that will pay the going rate, people get a bit peeved that we're going to persevere with poor players because there was nowt left in the bargain bin.

But yeah, let's keep hanging around playing shite players, waiting for the perfect signing at the perfect price.

Sinclair is apparently available for less than Downing was, can I not be annoyed that we didn't sign him or do I have to sit on the naughty step because I didn't just accept Downing?

Please read what I posted mate, the frustration is that we probably won't plug the gaps. Again.

Definitely not disagreeing that we won't leave ourselves short AGAIN, when we are really not that far from having such a good squad. I actually watch those YouTube videos where people kick themselves in the face and feel a little envious.

I would just rather we didn't sign poor players for the sake of it, I don't think it means we will go bankrupt but I do believe it means our glorious leader will have more excuses in the future to not make further signings. In an ideal world Carr or Kinnear (:lol:) would persuade Ashley that someone like Thauvin, Ince, Sinclair, Moses etc.. would be a much better 'investment' and we would spend similar money on better players who haven't already started their decline and are very likely to be the next Damien Duff.

Definitely not disagreeing that we won't leave ourselves short AGAIN, when we are really not that far from having such a good squad. I actually watch those YouTube videos where people kick themselves in the face and feel a little envious.

I would just rather we didn't sign poor players for the sake of it, I don't think it means we will go bankrupt but I do believe it means our glorious leader will have more excuses in the future to not make further signings. In an ideal world Carr or Kinnear (:lol:) would persuade Ashley that someone like Thauvin, Ince, Sinclair, Moses etc.. would be a much better 'investment' and we would spend similar money on better players who haven't already started their decline and are very likely to be the next Damien Duff.

Whilst I understand the argument of rather buying younger players with a longer future, one thing I can't get my head around is consciously keeping Pardew who has been banging the drum of requiring Premiership experience and probably players suited to a more direct style, and then proceeding to not providing him with the tools he wants. You'd either look for a manager capable of making the most of the profile of player you target (and trust your chief scout's judgement on their valuation based on their growth potential), or you back your manager to give him the best possible chance of succeeding. As it is, we are doing neither, which is not benefitting anybody, be it Pardew, the players, the fans or the owner.

Why? Because it will have saved money we won't spend elsewhere?

No money isnt my first concern with those two, not wanting the players themselves is my first concern.  I've explained my reasons for not wanting Bent and my reasons for not wanting Downing are very simple, he's shit. Not wanting to waste money if its available would be secondary but also important.  If we were to spend £14m (what it would have cost to sign Bent and Downing) I'd rather spend that elsewhere.  Saying, but we wont spend it elsewhere is a circular atgument, because if thats the case then Bent and Downing were never an option.  Anyway like I said if I'm going to be annoyed about not signing players it'll be because we didnt bring in players like Gomis and Ince, not Bent and Downing.

Fair enough. I wasn't getting dead excited about the thought of having Downing in the side but I thought he'd give us more than Jonas, who I suspect will be in the side a lot until January once his arse gets better.

It's what being an NUFC fan is about these days, feeding off scraps.

Guest bimpy474

Turned down the extended contract according to RMC.

Dismissed professional group Bafé Gomis find the football this weekend. But not with the pro team that moves to Sochaux on Friday. The striker OL was retained in the group's reserve team and face Raon-Step. According to our information, the French international would have made ​​the idea of ​​continuing with the reserve team until the end of the season because absolutely no wish to extend his contract with the club Rhone. One way to negotiate with a new club from January and to receive a nice signing bonus. The side of the OL is more than open the door for a starting player who also bet on the fact that the club Lyon have need of his services during the first half of the season. The club has continued discussions with Gomis as evidenced by meetings with the coach, Remi Garde and exchanges with Bernard Lacombe, advisor to President Aulas who registers as a mediator between the player and the club management.

Whilst I understand the argument of rather buying younger players with a longer future, one thing I can't get my head around is consciously keeping Pardew who has been banging the drum of requiring Premiership experience and probably players suited to a more direct style, and then proceeding to not providing him with the tools he wants. You'd either look for a manager capable of making the most of the profile of player you target (and trust your chief scout's judgement on their valuation based on their growth potential), or you back your manager to give him the best possible chance of succeeding. As it is, we are doing neither, which is not benefitting anybody, be it Pardew, the players, the fans or the owner.

This is because our entire recruitmemt strategy is based on opportunism as opposed to suitability. Manager included.

I give up caring about transfers. I watch with interest but the politics behind it all has just become boring.

I'm looking forward to the return of football and talking about player, teams, goals and tactics etc.