Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Don't think we need a 'real winger' option as there is no way in hell we should be playing in a formation that requires any.

More so to have an option from the bench, or against teams they deem it usefull to have one. Options from the bench isn't a bad thing should things fail to materialise on the field.

Don't think we need a 'real winger' option as there is no way in hell we should be playing in a formation that requires any.

Well that's true but i'd still like one as an option tbh.

Also we could play a 4-2-3-1 with Hatem in the hole and a LW and Remy on the right in that scenario.

You are right though if we plan to play 3 upfront a winger isn't required in that system.

Guest bimpy474

I do NOT wish to see HBA in a 4-4-2!!

Me neither but i think that's how Pardew will use him, on the right.

Imagine going into the season with Cisse, Gomis, Remy and Gouff man  :drool:

Trying to predict how it all goes to shit.

They all get in the same car and it gets hit with a heat seeking missile. There ya go.

Imagine going into the season with Cisse, Gomis, Remy and Gouff man  :drool:

Trying to predict how it all goes to s***.

:llorente?:

:lol: Watching Shola slow motion fall while Gomis picks his teeth on the bench.

I don't get it, options with Gomis? He's just a slower Cisse... if we had provided Cisse with enough chances last year everything woulda been fine. Cisse will be starting 99% of the matches and for that ridic sub we have Ameobi. Get in some wingers.

I don't get it, options with Gomis? He's just a slower Cisse... if we had provided Cisse with enough chances last year everything woulda been fine. Cisse will be starting 99% of the matches and for that ridic sub we have Ameobi. Get in some wingers.

I'll not pretend that i've watched lot's of Gomis, but everything i've read makes him out to be quite a different player.

Not from my POV, as he's usually used as a single striker - the same as Cisse, and since Cisse will be starting I don't get why they would wanna use £8 mill on someone to fill the bench. Moving Cisse to a flank would be disaster as proven before.

Really wish I knew more about Gomis but nothing I've heard about him convinces me he'd be a better option than Bent.

Plenty does for me, he's a more imposing physical presence for a start.

In France he is, says very little about how he'll do over here. He's also apparently a lot slower and less of a goal threat. :dontknow: